HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3 way deal: Ott/Chi/LA

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
santiclaws

vCash: 500
This would only be a good deal if LA throws in Jack Johnson and O'Sullivan. And maybe Bernier. And maybe Frolov. And maybe 1st rounders in '09 and '10.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:22 AM
hawksfan79

Wow, although I have to admit, if the trade including Kopitar did go down, the comedy that would ensue on these boards would be off the charts...

With that being said, while I am not on the trading Cam Barker bandwagon, I think this kid is just starting to come onto his own and will be a major factor next season, if he is on the block, with the Hawks getting all these defensemen lately, it's going to have to be for an impact forward that will in essence replace Havlat and/or Lang next season, since I think the chances of either of them re-signing with the Hawks next year is just about zero. The Hawks can get under the cap without being bent over brutally like most trade proposals here on HF do to them recently, and I think Tallon is trying to get that impact forward, while getting under the cap and being able to trade some of the massive prospect pool players we have.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Aztec59

Honestly, I think who ever made the original post does not know anything about the Kings or Kopitar. They just have maybe heard of him in passing. If the Kings were to this, they mind as well relocate or fold the franchise. With how bad they have been playing, Kopitar is one of the only reasons we fans still show up for games.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:31 AM
The King of Town

Brennan has even less credibility than Garrioch. This must be a career high for him, a 3 page thread and no-one's threatened to kick his ass yet, or called him a classless *********.

He can't even get his Sens right (Meszaros is not Czech), how do we expect him to get a rumoured trade right?

Old
07-16-2008, 10:32 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
to Ottawa - Khabibulin, Preissing, Calder, Skille

to Chicago - Ersberg, Lee

to Los Angeles - Gerber, Neil, Barker

Old
07-16-2008, 10:40 AM
albathegreat*

Sportsnet has this rumor up now

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...Potential_Sen/

Still is mind boggling why Kopitar would be involved..

Old
07-16-2008, 10:43 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Emery Scares Me View Post
Interesting rumor, but of course the Kopitar part makes no sense...

I'm sure he could land more than Meszaros and Gerber in a trade.
Why wouldnt Ottawa just take Kopitar for Meszaros and Gerber? Incredible return on not a great deal of value. Thats why the trade makes no sense. Oh yeah then Ottawa flips Kopitar for Khabibulin and Barker... Ok.... sure

Old
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

First of all, people need to stop putting Mesz in the proposal and then have Barker coming our way. We are looking to improve our defense so we'll probably be adding a defenseman and not trading one.

And I don't like how people go like Seabrook/Barker to Ottawa in a proposal. Seabrook, to me, has a lot more value than Cam Barker. I hope Murray gets Seabrook and not the underachiever. [but Barker should improve though.....]

Old
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by albathegreat View Post

I could see it with O'Sullivan but never with Kopitar it just doesnt make any sense

Old
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Print media is usually always behind whats really happening. They're probably still on page 2 of this thread.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:46 AM
hawksfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by albathegreat View Post

It's on ESPN too....I can't figure out why Kopitar would be involved either unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about (not happy being in LA, doesn't get along with teammates, was caught screwing Paris Hilton?), but if shockingly this is true..........GET IT DONE...LIKE NOW!

Old
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Epatt001

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
I could see it with O'Sullivan but never with Kopitar it just doesnt make any sense
i dont know man, mez is really good, but at this point o'sullivan is worth more to the kings.

but i do agree, if we were to deal kopitar that is way to little of a return for him. Especially, since we dealt lubo and cammy to free up cap space so next year we could easily re-sign our two big RFA's Kopitar and Johnson.

I feel like some of these guys (brennan, eklund, garioch) look at who is over and under the cap, pick some names out of a hat, and report them as hot trade rumors

Old
07-16-2008, 10:53 AM
tylerbear*

Neil is also involved, I hope. And I hope he comes to the Hawks.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:54 AM
pspot

Also with Chi's situation its not like they are dealing from a position of strength here. Khabs is a good goalie but they have put themselves in a corner with the Huet signing so why would any team give them so much to get them out of a bad situation......Cam Barker? I don't think so

and for Ott losing Redden Mez is the logical choice to step in and take those mins. You lose Mez on top of Redden and that D is really getting thin

Agree that Ott could look at Khabs and maybe a Gerber and Vermette for Khabs and Barker deal makes a bit more sens. Gerber/Huet platoon and Vermette is a solid young fwd that Ott is looking to move. Khabs is a legit #1 and Barker adds a nice young D to Ott's depth

Old
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Why wouldnt Ottawa just take Kopitar for Meszaros and Gerber? Incredible return on not a great deal of value. Thats why the trade makes no sense. Oh yeah then Ottawa flips Kopitar for Khabibulin and Barker... Ok.... sure
You're right, it makes absolutely no sense. If Kopitar's involved, the only even moderately logical scenario for the Sens would be Kopitar to Ottawa for Mesz/Gerber (not that it makes sense for LA anyways), then Vermette/Neil for Bulin/Barker. For Ottawa the salaries would match up a bit better, and Kopitar's new deal next summer comes out of Bulin's contract expering I guess. For Chicago it's a pretty good deal for sure, but it still wouldn't make sense for LA (at least the dealing Kopitar part).

Old
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Mr_Jones*

hahahahaha

Kopitar is going nowhere.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Asquaredx2

Don't put too much stock into Don Brennan.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
First of all, people need to stop putting Mesz in the proposal and then have Barker coming our way. We are looking to improve our defense so we'll probably be adding a defenseman and not trading one.
I agree in principle, but don't forget, the only reason we would trade Meszaros in the first place is his contract demands. It's not like we're trying to get rid of him.

Old
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Maple Leaves

LA does not trade kopitar.......lombardi said he has a direction with his team and trading kopitar would make no sense

Old
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
The absolute only reason i could see L.A. moving Kopitar is if he is really unhappy there, but even then they could get a better return than Gerber and Meszaros.
Why would someone be unhappy in LA?

Mmmmmm, puck bunnies.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

A rumor that have Kopitar and Seabrook in it? Somehow I doubt this rumor turns into an actual deal.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Hawker14

Kopitar for Khabibulin and Barker would be awesome !!

Old
07-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Ok , let's take it slow

Chicago wants to dump Khabi and his ridiculous contract and get back one or two forwards(no need for d-men) with real good cheap contracts . They are willing to part with Barker apparently

Ottawa wants some way of improvement in net and a more consistent player on the back-end . Gerber,Neil and Meszaros are the guys who are being tossed around

LA would like to improve their D and also take a goalie who can help their youngsters for one year .

My humble trade proposal is

To LA : Meszaros,Gerber

To Chicago : Neil,2nd round ,Stoll to replace Lang next year on the 2nd line

To Ottawa : Khabibulin,Seabrook,Ivanans

replaced Schubert with a 2nd round - I thought with the addition of Seabrook we would have had 6 d-men without including Schubie - so our D : Phillips,Volchenkov,Seabrook,Lee,Smith and Schubert

Old
07-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Kopitar for Khabibulin and Barker would be awesome !!
I doubt the Kings agree with you...

Old
07-16-2008, 11:08 AM
fullmetalninja

I'm starting to believe this "Big Trade" will be a 7th round pick for the rights to an AHL'er.

Way more build up than you usually have on deals like this.

-fullmetalninja

Closed Thread