HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

3 way deal: Ott/Chi/LA

Closed Thread

Old
07-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Brownies

vCash: 500
Interresting rumor. Wrong on many level, but I wouldn't be surprised if a 3 way deal occurs between these teams. L-A and Ottawa have already been involved in a pseudo 3way deal with Montreal. Los Angeles are way under the cap. Chicago have what ? 13 Millions invested in Khabibulin and Huet ? Maybe it will only be between 2 of these teams, but I believe the old "no smoke without fire" argument apply here...

Kopitar is going nowhere tough...

Old
07-16-2008, 11:09 AM
lakings41

This reporter is getting some traffic with ESPN and Sportsnet.
But if the Kings end up moving Kopitar i'm assuming Toyota Sports Center and the Kings front office would get fire-bombed by angry fans like myself. It would also end my tenure of following this ****ed up franchise.
On that note I call this a ridiculous BS rumor. Especially with that pathetic return.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
This is one hell of a bogus trade that would never happen.

TO LA:
Gerber and Meszaros

to OTT:
Khabibulin and Seabrook

To Chi:
Kopitar

LA fans would probably just give up on the team. But it makes a ton of sense. I mean they only drafted 2 dmen in the first this year who will be playing in a few years, and have Jon Bernier who could take over very soon. I guess who cares about the future in LA? Trade away a hell of a young asset for players who probably wouldnt help them anymore then what Kopitar would.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much the way this reads to me. Something centered around Barker for Meszaros sort of makes sense. Bulin+ to LA makes sense as well.

Maybe something like this?

Chicago: Meszaros + LA 4th
Ottawa: Barker + Chicago 2nd
LA: Khabibulin + Skille
The reason Hawks would be trading Barker would be to get rid of our defensive logjam. Meszaros just compounds the problem.

Old
Martyros
Allow me to retort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuy View Post
If LA does this trade then they are tanking on purpose for Tavares and that should be addressed by the NHL.
why in the world would the kings give up KOPITAR for tavares? kopitar is already established and was almost a PPG player in just his second year with a HORRIBLE team. doesn't anyone have an account there to go and tell him to shut his mouth and never post "rumors" again?

Old
trentmccleary

I swear... in each successive post here, I see Ottawa giving up value to get Khabibulin in return.

Am I alone here? Does anyone else not see that Khabibulin has been playing like a $2M a season goalie for the past 3 years at least, at 35 isn't likely to bounce back any and with a $7M cap hit... Khabibulin is one of the bottom 5 least valuable player assets out of the 1,500 or so players' rights held by NHL teams?

Old
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
The reason Hawks would be trading Barker would be to get rid of our defensive logjam. Meszaros just compounds the problem.
And I dobt we would trade Meszaros to Chicago, anyways. I hope we get Seabrook......

Phillips-Seabrook
Meszaros-Volchenkov
Smith-Lee
Schubert

Old
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmyn View Post
Ok , let's take it slow

Chicago wants to dump Khabi and his ridiculous contract and get back one or two forwards(no need for d-men) with real good cheap contracts . They are willing to part with Barker apparently

Ottawa wants some way of improvement in net and a more consistent player on the back-end . Gerber,Neil and Meszaros are the guys who are being tossed around

LA would like to improve their D and also take a goalie who can help their youngsters for one year .

My humble trade proposal is

To LA : Meszaros,Gerber

To Chicago : Neil,2nd round ,Stoll to replace Lang next year on the 2nd line

To Ottawa : Khabibulin,Seabrook,Ivanans

replaced Schubert with a 2nd round - I thought with the addition of Seabrook we would have had 6 d-men without including Schubie - so our D : Phillips,Volchenkov,Seabrook,Lee,Smith and Schubert
Chicago is not going to trade Seabrook just to get there hands on Neil, a 2nd and Stoll. Sure the Hawks need to shed salary, but Seabrook is not going to be a throw in just to get a team to take Khabibulin. Thats laughable.

The only way I see the Hawks trade Seabrook, is if they get someone like Kopitar in a deal. And since the Kings will not trade Kopitar, then one can safely assume that these kinds of rumors is just that.. rumors.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I swear... in each successive post here, I see Ottawa giving up value to get Khabibulin in return.

Am I alone here? Does anyone else not see that Khabibulin has been playing like a $2M a season goalie for the past 3 years at least, at 35 isn't likely to bounce back any and with a $7M cap hit... Khabibulin is one of the bottom 5 least valuable player assets out of the 1,500 or so players' rights held by NHL teams?
Then gerber is botttom 10. Not much better in terms of numbers or salary.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
nikolai19

The only way Kopitar gets dealt is if Toews is coming back the other way and that is even a stretch.

The Kings are REBUILDING. Why would they trade their 21 year old number one center?

Old
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

I can't imagine LA putting Kopitar on the market without someone making a better offer than what they are getting here.

I'm sure Lombardi has had to take a load of calls the the effect of "Is there any truth to that rumor about kopitar, because i would like to make an offer if it is."

Old
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Masterplan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
The only way Kopitar gets dealt is if Toews is coming back the other way and that is even a stretch.

The Kings are REBUILDING. Why would they trade their 21 year old number one center?
Unless he's telling the Kings he's going to the KHL at the end of the year, I agree with you.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Gerber View Post
I'm pretty sure LA isn't allowed to acquire assets in exchange for nothing... you have to at least add a late draft pick from the Kings.
You can trade for nothing. It's called future considerations

Old
07-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Gesus
Let's win it all

It wouldnt be a blockbuster as proposed I don't think:

To Ottawa: Barker

To Chicago: Neil, Schubert, low value pick/prospect from LA

To LA: Khabibulin

Ottawa re-signs vermette and Meszaros and merely add Barker to the mix, Khabs alary dump to LA, Chicago gets 2nd/3rd line grinder and cheap bottom pairing Dman. Might need some picks/prospects/throw-ins to balance it out.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:22 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I can't imagine LA putting Kopitar on the market without someone making a better offer than what they are getting here.

I'm sure Lombardi has had to take a load of calls the the effect of "Is there any truth to that rumor about kopitar, because i would like to make an offer if it is."

if Anze Kopitar is on the block... i'm calling Florida.

Old
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
I hate Gerber, have no faith in him, and think he's garbage.

Still, I'd take Gerber for 1 year and Meszaros for at least the next 4, over 1 year of Khabibulin.

Old
Masterplan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo View Post

Ottawa re-signs vermette and Meszaros and merely add Barker to the mix, Khabs alary dump to LA, Chicago gets 2nd/3rd line grinder and cheap bottom pairing Dman. Might need some picks/prospects/throw-ins to balance it out.
Not really a three-way, it actually 2 different trades:

Barker for Neil+Schubert and Khabby for low pick.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Hossa

Quote:
One year at 3.7 is hardly one of the bottom 10 least valuable contracts, and Ottawa can support paying 3.7 for Gerber this year. You can't compare 3.7 to 6.7.

Only a small number of teams could even support Bulin's contract as a starter (and Ottawa as of now isn't one of them), and of those small number how many could possibly believe he's worth the starting spot.

Old
Penner getrdonebryan

So Neil who is a top 5 hitter in NHL and who sticks up for his teammates and doesn't take **** from no one and Stoll who adds grit,experience ,leadership that your young team really needs and who also has a wicked shot and can play on the point during PP's and a 2nd round in a very deeeep draft aren't worth Seabrook ? how greedy can you be ? add a 4th round for Khabi - but that's the best deal

In fact , 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo's proposal is even better .

Old
Gesus
Let's win it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post

I would take a shot on him over Gerber if we had the cap space sitting there doing nothing and we were happy with our roster, but I certainly wouldn't be making room for him by trading anyone. I think he does have a little higher potential than Gerbs, but that is debateable.

Old
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

Quote:

Looks like a more plausible deal.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:24 AM
99 fan

Quote:

too much going to Chi for Barker IMO,

Old
07-16-2008, 11:25 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
If you're looking for a fight or for me to defend Gerber... you picked the wrong the guy. I would have shipped his useless ass out of here long ago and we'd have an actual $1.5M-$2M a year goalie earning his salary instead of Gerber or compounding the problem by adding $3M more to another useless piece of crap in Khabibulin.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Darkstar

First off the Hawks aren't that far over that they have to take it in the shorts to make a deal. Secondly the Kings are rebuilding and they aren't going to trade young assets. I could see LA getting involved as a way for the Sens to dump Gerber and LA to get closer to cap minimum. There is no way the Hawks are trading both Barker and Seabrook so get that out of your minds. I could see this happening:

To Chi: Neil and Vermette
To Ottawa: 4th from LA, Khabby, Barker and a prospect probably somebody like Brouwer.
To LA: Gerber

Hawks get a grinder/tough guy and a top 6 forward to help them make the playoffs. LA gets better in goal and takes on some salary. The Sens get a slight upgrade in goal, a young Dman with offensive upside who might be ready to break out and a prospect who could turn out be a less tough but better offensive version of Neil.

Old
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
My turn

To Hawks
C/W Antoine Vermette
RW Chris Neil
Sens 2nd in 2010

To Sens
G Nikolai Khabibulin