HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Smith

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 12:00 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Jason Smith

Hey,Oiler fan's

I was just wondering if Smith is really going somewhere. I have heard many rumor's but I would like to hear it first hand from Oil fan's. If he is available what do you think the asking price is? Also if you have his contract details I would appreciate it, Thank You.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:04 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
Hey,Oiler fan's

I was just wondering if Smith is really going somewhere. I have heard many rumor's but I would like to hear it first hand from Oil fan's. If he is available what do you think the asking price is? Also if you have his contract details I would appreciate it, Thank You.
According to Lowe, Smith isn't being shopped around. That being said, anyone is tradeable for the right price.

The main price would probably include either a top 2 centre, or a power play QB or a goaltender, with things added in either direction to make it feasable.

But I wouldn't be suprised if Lowe traded for something outside of those 3 needs if the offer blew him out of the water, or it was a player he had keen interest in.

Once again, evidently Lowe isn't shopping Smith, but he'd certainly trade him in the right deal.

Old
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
According to Lowe, Smith isn't being shopped around. That being said, anyone is tradeable for the right price.
However, it's hard to trust a smokescreen. Unless Lowe has found a way to sign Jason Smith during this year, it's likely that Lowe is shopping Jason even if it is discrete. Even if Jason is signed, that's an awful lot of money being tied up in the defense and it itself poses its own problems.

I think I would be very upset if Kevin knew that Jason was going to arbitration and he let his value depreciate. No sense in letting an asset go to waste.

Old
02-19-2004, 01:28 PM
MoeLemayStays

Of all Oilers available I actually believe that Smith might fetch the highest return on deadline day. I think Lowe will be discreet whenever he talks trade from now on after Comrie.

No big deals until deadline.

Closed Thread