HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal- Edm/Mtl

Old
07-17-2008, 01:25 AM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal- Edm/Mtl

Hello fellow Canadian fans. Most on this board would dissuade me from posting this, but I know you're really a bunch of teddy bears- right?

The Oilers need an elite or emerging stay-at-home defender in order to bolster the blueline.

With that in mind...

:

C Andrew Cogliano
D Ladislav Smid

:

D Mike Komisarek

Cogliano has incredible speed, and would look really good next to Higgins. They'd look great because Andrew is a playmaker and could get Chris to the 30+ goal level. If you wanted to kill other teams even more, you could throw Andrei on that line with them.

The Habs might be ready to to do this with the rapid development of O'Byrne and the great late-season play of Gorges. Smid is a player we hope one day becomes a Komisarek-type, but he could maybe use some time in the minors first. Your organization is really good at developing players, and might be able to get the best out of him.

Tanguay-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Cogliano-AKost (fastest line in the league!)
Chipchura-Koivu-Latendresse

That's an amazing top nine. That checking line would dominate the boards especially.

Last edited by hfboardsuser: 07-17-2008 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Forgot about Tanguay.
hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Bouze

Komisarek is Habs for life.

There's no way he'll be traded.

Bouze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:34 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Nay. Komisarek is the future captain, no way he's traded.

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:42 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Stealing my proposals... I see how it is Bugg.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:50 AM
bib
#believe

We are not looking for any d-man projects or small centers at this moment, so definitely no.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:52 AM
TCIH

vCash: 883
If it seems as though Komisarek is likely to jump ship when he hits UFA next year (I sure hope not), then I'd do it. But if he was willing to resign for a reasonable price then I'd probably pass.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:53 AM
TheAntiprice*

How about Hamrlik instead of Komisarek?

TheAntiprice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:55 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Make it Gagner & I'd probably bite. I'm sure Sergei Kostitsyn would appreciate that trade! I've always thought Smid would blossom some day.

But... isn't Edmonton/MacT's strength supposed to be bringing up young players?

It would never happen, but it's not the worst proposal to show up here.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Rayne*

No thanks. While the proposal itself actually isn't bad, Komi is too important to the Habs to give up.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:04 AM
TheAntiprice*

I think we'd be ok without Komi, remember we probably played our best defensive hockey at the end of the season when he was out of the line up with an injury? Although you could say Price had a lot to do with that...

Komi wasn't very good in the playoffs as well.

As for the proposal, replace Komi with Hamrlik and I won't think twice about it

edit: meh nvm, Hamrlik has a NTC, he ain't going nowhere...

So I guess I'd try to get Komi inked with an extension before the trade deadline next year...if it doesn't happen then I pull the trigger on this trade.

TheAntiprice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
m00ks

Don't need any more offense. Defense would suffer immensely. Clogging the 3rd line center position further hinders Chipchura's development. Deal does not address a need.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Rayne*

I should add, Edmonton likely doesn't do this deal either. Even though they lack a Komi-type with the departure of Greene, they have too much cap space tied up in defensemen already, and Komi will be UFA after next season, in which he will get a substantial payday.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Make it Gagner & I'd probably bite. I'm sure Sergei Kostitsyn would appreciate that trade! I've always thought Smid would blossom some day.

But... isn't Edmonton/MacT's strength supposed to be bringing up young players?

It would never happen, but it's not the worst proposal to show up here.
gagner is worth way more than just komisarek

and there is no way the oilers do this

Phaser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:21 AM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
I should add, Edmonton likely doesn't do this deal either. Even though they lack a Komi-type with the departure of Greene, they have too much cap space tied up in defensemen already, and Komi will be UFA after next season, in which he will get a substantial payday.
It'd actually be fairly easy. Roloson and Cole both come off the books next summer, a total of $7.6M. I think we could re-sign Komi long-term with that.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I thought maybe Komi might be more available than last year, but you're right to want to keep him. The crazy thing about your squad is that even adding another bluechip prospect to this proposal isn't worth it because you have so many of them!

Old
07-17-2008, 02:26 AM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDO View Post
Stealing my proposals... I see how it is Bugg.
Je ne sais pas ce que vous parlez!

Old
07-17-2008, 02:35 AM
24morecupsthanyou*

Wow a trade proposal that's actually fair. I'd say no because Komisarek is just an epic beast and gives the Habs much needed toughness, but it's still a very good deal nonetheless.

24morecupsthanyou* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:44 AM
mbz

Even tho the habs would probably say no to this, it's a really good proposal and I think Bob gainey would think deep before letting this deal down.

mbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Chfan
HFB Partner

I think we have a lot of prospects in the Cogliano mold that could very well make the NHL in 2-3 years so I don't think that Gainey would really think about this one. Komisarek is our best stay-at-home defensemen.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 03:41 AM
SK13
V-Triggered

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I think we have a lot of prospects in the Cogliano mold that could very well make the NHL in 2-3 years so I don't think that Gainey would really think about this one. Komisarek is our best stay-at-home defensemen.
The problem is the word prospect, which Cogliano isn't. Size is not an issue with him, he plays big and doesn't get thrown around at all. Gagner is taller and bigger and he's the one who we keep saying needs to get bigger and stronger. He's a better goal scorer then we thought, lightning fast and looks to have to best shot to become a real nice complete talent and he's already a second-liner at this stage in the game. At 20. Without having to play a single game in the AHL.

I wouldn't make this deal from our prospective because Komisarek is a UFA next year. I think if he was signed, the value might favor Edmonton in this deal a bit but I'm not sure for how long. But I'm not hugely into valuing great stay-at-home guys. I think you can replace the minutes they play easier then you can replace the goals and points scored for a nice offensive talent.

Quote:
We like Gagner a bit more then we like Komisarek. No offense.

SK13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

If you make it Grebeshkov, I do it. (We could throw in a prospect like White).

I love Komisrek. LOVE HIM.

But Cogliano is SOOOOOO underrated, even after his amazing season. The guy is going to be absolutely amazing.

Grebeshkov is a pretty solid player, who is getting better each year.

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Cogliano - S. Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Chipchura - Laraque
TKO, Begin

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Grebeshkov
Brisebois

I like.

Moving Komisarek would also free up some cap space for the next few years.. as he is going to get a huge raise.

I love Komisarek sooo much.. but I really think Cogliano is going to be huge.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

montreal is already quite small at centre with koivu and plekanec.... thats part of the reason why the habs are going after sundin... so cogliano doesnt fit.

and like others have mentioned, komisarek is probably the future captain of this hockey club. He's a leader. He's a little bit like koivu in the sense that his value to the hockey club is much higher than his value in the trade market.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 05:29 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
montreal is already quite small at centre with koivu and plekanec.... thats part of the reason why the habs are going after sundin... so cogliano doesnt fit.

and like others have mentioned, komisarek is probably the future captain of this hockey club. He's a leader. He's too valuable to give up for the package you offered.
Not to be rude or anything, but have you ever seen Cogliano play?

He might play small, but he plays like a big man. He doesn't throw bone crushing hits, but he will take them and keep the play going every time. The guy will get dirty.. and that's something to love about him.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Not to be rude or anything, but have you ever seen Cogliano play?He might play small, but he plays like a big man. He doesn't throw bone crushing hits, but he will take them and keep the play going every time. The guy will get dirty.. and that's something to love about him.
yeah, I probably see him play more than you, actually. While I agree that cogliano is not soft, I dont think its an essential piece to the habs stanley cup puzzle at this point in time like komisarek is. We do have a few scrappy small players on our sqaud right now, but as we saw in the playoffs, the flyer centres made a difference.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 05:48 AM
SK13
V-Triggered

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
yeah, I probably see him play more than you, actually. While I agree that cogliano is not soft, I dont think its an essential piece to the habs stanley cup puzzle at this point in time like komisarek is. We do have a few scrappy small players on our sqaud right now, but as we saw in the playoffs, the flyer centres made a difference.
Komisarek is definitely the more valuable piece in the win now mode you guys are in, but I wouldn't classify Cogliano as scrappy so much as the type who won't get thrown around or bullied at all. He's too strong, too fast.

SK13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
It's a fair proposal value wise but I'm not sure it makes sense from the Habs POV. If anything we need to strengthen our top 4 D instead of take away from it. Now Smid is a good young player but he is still young in his career, while Komi is just entering his prime. Like others have said, Komi seems to be the logical choice to take over the 'C' once Koivu retires. Cogliano is a great looking young player and I'd love to have him but not at the expense of weakening our defense.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote