HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers supporters road trip plans for the 08 / 09 season....

Old
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

vCash: 500
I'll be at whatever MTL games I can make. I'm pretty close during the school year, and the MTL fans are pretty fun, even if they're rooting for the other team. And one thing about Montreal that I like is if you're with a small group and don't have a lot of money, there are plenty of safe youth hostels to stay at and you even get to refer to them as "auberges de jeunesse". Also, I don't know how old you guys all are, but MTL is the closest NHL city in which I can buy beers

Then I'm going to try to get to some games @ NJD. I haven't been to the new arena yet..

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdude View Post
Montreal is the way to go. A group of us STH's go every year. My friend usually gets around 40 - 50 tickets. So for 250$ you get 2 nights hotel (Sheraton), and the game of course.
Is that Ted? The STH who owns the travel agency company?

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:06 AM
pjdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Is that Ted? The STH who owns the travel agency company?
Why yes indeed.

pjdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
jhnyr

Quote:
Why yes indeed.
Cool. Met him a bunch of times in Molly Wee's. Was actually supposed to go last season on 2 of the trips, but work prevented me from doing so.

I'll definitely try this year though. I hear the Montreal trips are ridiculously fun.

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
irishlaxburger2

I'll be at the game in Chicago on January 16th.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Mistress Mandy

I'm going to aim for making it to the game on October 20 (against the Stars).

All of the Boston/NY games are on the weekend, which is great; so I'll try to make it to at least one of those as well. Either up in Boston or at MSG is okay with me.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Mistress Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
nyrmetros

we have to get a large group of us ready to invade. Weekend games are an obvious plus if they are out of NY, NJ.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 06:14 PM
patnyrnyg

I am going to Detroit in October. A friend of ours is originally from Michigan, we were hoping to the game. Turns out she planned on being home that weekend to run a 1/2 marathon, my fiance is going to run a 5K, I will drink 5Gallons of beer, and we will go to the game!!!

Weird thing is, I am going to Pittsburgh for Giants-Steelers. That same weekend, Pens are in NY. Too bad it wasnt the other way around (both games in Pittsburgh), would have made for a GREAT sports weekend.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 06:17 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Montreal is the way to go. A group of us STH's go every year. My friend usually gets around 40 - 50 tickets. So for 250$ you get 2 nights hotel (Sheraton), and the game of course. Not the best seats in the house, but it is interesting up in the upper sections. Plus you're with a huge group of Rangers fans. We have done this every year since 2004. He usually has some extras spots as well. Travel is up to you. I live in N jersey, so it takes about 5 hours to get up there (350 miles).
Montreal is a great city. Been there twice, last year for that 5-0 turned 5-6 collapse. An easy drive, had a nice hotel room a few blocks from arena. Used frequent flyer travel miles to pay for room, so not sure what it normally costs. First time (2006) I went, paid for a room, do not remember it being expensive.

Old
07-17-2008, 06:22 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I have done Chicago, Nashville, St Louis, LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, Minnesota and Denver. If anyone needs any advice on traveling to those cities for games let me know.

If there's any combination of Chicago/St Louis/Nashville back to backs it's a pretty easy, inexpensive trip. Canada and California can get pretty expensive.

Not sure what I am doing this year - I still need to see Detroit, Columbus, Dallas and Phoenix in the West.
That is a pretty impressive list.

My list is NJ, NYI (obviously) philly, pitt, toronto, ottawa, montreal, bahsten, florida. I go to Philly at least once a year as my best friend is a flyers fan, and have been to pittsburgh 5 times as my brother is a Pens fan.

As far as cost, airfare to canada is expensive relatively speaking, imo. Ottawa and Montreal are not bad drives from NYC, Toronto on the other hand is a bit too far to drive. Since the Rangers play Vancouver at home this year, they will play out there next year, would love to be able to make that trip.

Old
07-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Nich

thinking montreal

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:58 AM
MiniRide

I will Go anywhere.. Montreal, Toronto, Philly, Boston, DC.. I have a 7 seater SUV!... Any takers

MiniRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
pjdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Cool. Met him a bunch of times in Molly Wee's. Was actually supposed to go last season on 2 of the trips, but work prevented me from doing so.

I'll definitely try this year though. I hear the Montreal trips are ridiculously fun.
Awesome, I probably meet you in Mollys as well. I'm there with my dad before all the games, well the 25 - 30 i goto a year. Last years trip was really cool, down 3 goals, then coming back and winning 5 - 3, i think. Then watching the Giants win the SB. Its is so much fun up there.
I was just talikng to my dad, and were leaning towards going to Toronto this year 11/1. There is no weekend game in MTL this year. Plus he never been there, so I would like him to goto the HOF. I havent talked to Ted in awhile, so Im not sure what trips he has lined up. I will let you know when I find out, if youre interested.

pjdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

The games at Montreal are Thursday, December 4th and Tuesday, March 17th so that leaves me out of the loop. I can only go on Road Trips on weekends.

These are the games most likely where you'll find a large Ranger fan contingent:
Saturday, October 11th at Philadelphia (only if this isn't their home opener, which it might be)
Saturday, November 8th at Washington
Saturday, January 3rd at Washington
Saturday, January 31st at Boston (but that is Super Bowl weekend so I'm out)
Saturday, February 21st at Buffalo
Saturday, March 14th at Philadelphia
Saturday, March 28th at Pittsburgh
Saturday, April 4th at Boston

and any of the games at the Islanders or Devils obviously

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Levitate

Reminds me, I need to get tickets for the DC games

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:04 PM
MiniRide

i am in for the dc or philly road trips

MiniRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:22 PM
McMonster

I go to every game at MSG and every away game in New Jersey, Long Island, and Philly

McMonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 07:31 AM
nyrmetros

Saturday, October 11th at Philadelphia (only if this isn't their home opener, which it might be)
Saturday, November 8th at Washington
Saturday, January 3rd at Washington
Saturday, January 31st at Boston
Saturday, March 14th at Philadelphia
Saturday, April 4th at Boston

These are the games I am looking at as well. I will consult with my people to see which game is the best for us. We should al do the same and get a group ticket for us.

Old
09-12-2008, 12:19 PM
nyrmetros

So what are you folks doing?

Rangers at the Mauseleum go on sale tomorrow morning. I'm gonna get there at 8 am. Anyone wanna join me?

Old
09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
rambler725

seems like montreal is the place to go.....now the million dollar question how does everyone get tickets ....aren't they just as tough if not tougher than rangers tickets?

rambler725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
ogie

i have plans to make my way up to montreal this season. the women there are ridiculously hot, and the strip clubs ...mama mia that's a spicy meatball!

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
playrink

gonna be in Philly Oct 11th - $90 mezz ctr seats @ Wachovia (likely surrounded by drunken animals)

playrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 03:52 PM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
So what are you folks doing?

Rangers at the Mauseleum go on sale tomorrow morning. I'm gonna get there at 8 am. Anyone wanna join me?
I'll just get them tonight on presale if I'm going to get them... are you getting all 3 games or just one in particular?

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 06:56 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I'll just get them tonight on presale if I'm going to get them... are you getting all 3 games or just one in particular?
I'm getting all 3 games, 5 tickets each if I can. Will try to get the $25, if not then will go for the $35 tix.
Gonna get to the Mauseleum at 8am tomorrow. Tix go onsale at 9 am there. Should be enough time right?
Plan on wearing full rangers regalia.

Old
09-13-2008, 10:17 PM
mucker*

Are there any formal plans for a trip to Boston?
I'm in CT 90 mins away.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote