HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty signed to 3 year deal!

Old
07-17-2008, 11:01 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
awesome news!!!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He was good for a freshman and had 2 Hobey Baker finalists on his line...he could keep up with them. They probably added 10-12 points to his total.

If we always trust Gainey and Carbo's evaluations, why bother having a message board? ...since whatever they do is the thing to do.

I think Lats would have a better PPGM than S.Kost playing on Koivu's line because they needed a finisher and physical presence, not sure where you're pulling those 4 guys.
What you actually said is that Lats would be PPG on the top 6, making him better than those I mentioned (you didn't mention them, but the statement clearly said Lats would be PPG and only Kovy was PPG, because they were all below PPG).

Do I need to post the quote so everybody can see?

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. He got 18 points playing with top 2 line players and that was about 1/10 of his total ice time...what does that tell you? Pro rated that's probably above 1 PPGM.
Kovy is the only player on the team who was above 1 PPG. This would mean that Lats has more offensive capabilities and more talent than Pleks, Higgy, AKost, Koivu, SKost....

This was to show that your judgement is weak and you put no rationality into your deductions.

There's a lot of doubt in your rationalizations when it comes to players like SKost or MaxPac (as you seem to see them as threats to Lats), but when it comes to Lats, all hopes are WAY up. You are biased towards Lats and so you show doubts about any player who might be in Lat's way.

About trusting BG and Timmins, you completely left out all the cases in point that I mentioned. Did they make a mistake with Higgins and Komi, tell me?

It is a case of trusting either them or your statement, and by your own track record, I think most will trust BG and Timmins.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
what I'm asking is if his bonuses count against the cap for the opening night roster. Doesn't he have to be considered a 2 mil cap hit?
The cap hit is something like ((Total Salary + Potential Bonuses)/365) * Days On NHL Roster. I'm not sure about the 365, it might be the number of days the regular season is.

In any case, as long as he's in Hamilton, it's as if we never signed him as far as our cap situation is concerned.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Blades 0f Steel

.........and it becomes Latendresse vs Pacioretty pt 2.

**** off. Just **** right off.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
There would have been a dropoff in linemates, forcing him to do more himself, thus developing his skill.

Again, I'm not making a Federal case out of it and I hope he does well...from what I saw last year NCAA I thought he could have used another year there, that's all.
Or being forced to slow down his game to these other guys could follow him more than he used to do with the Seniors last year.

I understand you're not making a case out of it and that it's just for the purpose of the discussion. Don't worry, I won't be the one who will be against talking about the moves our org. makes. That's pretty much what this board should be about.

But in that case, I can't even find something negative to say about this. I'm pretty sure it's the exact and right thing to do.

And chances are seems that nobody's forcing anybody to do something here. Clearly, MaxPac was ready to make the jump and the Habs does think that way as well.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:04 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

Rivet anyone?

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Wow.... good news... no more U hockey for MaxPac... he's now a pro and we are almost sure to keep him until he's 27... so that's 6 full season if he starts playing regularly next season (09-10).

Can't wait to see him play in Ham.
His seven pro seasons prior to becoming UFA commence this year.

Technically, he will be UFA a few months shy of his 27th birthday.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
The cap hit is something like ((Total Salary + Potential Bonuses)/365) * Days On NHL Roster. I'm not sure about the 365, it might be the number of days the regular season is.

In any case, as long as he's in Hamilton, it's as if we never signed him as far as our cap situation is concerned.
What's it take to get a simple hypothetical question answered around here?

Do his potential bonuses count against the cap to start the year or not?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What you actually said is that Lats would be PPG on the top 6, making him better than those I mentioned (you didn't mention them, but the statement clearly said Lats would be PPG and only Kovy was PPG, because they were all below PPG).

Do I need to post the quote so everybody can see?

This was to show that your judgement is weak and you put no rationality into your deductions.

There's a lot of doubt in your rationalizations when it comes to players like SKost or MaxPac (as you seem to see them as threats to Lats), but when it comes to Lats, all hopes are WAY up. You are biased towards Lats and so you show doubts about any player who might be in Lat's way.

About trusting BG and Timmins, you completely left out all the cases in point that I mentioned. Did they make a mistake with Higgins and Komi, tell me?

It is a case of trusting either them or your statement, and by your own track record, I think most will trust BG and Timmins.
Yes, I'd definitely like to see that quote because I don't see Lats being a PPGM in the top 6 at this point. I think he'd score 30 and put up 55-60 points with Koivu at center and Higgins/Tanguay or S.Kost on the other wing. It was either a typo or you misread.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
People....it's time....time to overreact.....and put Pacioretty in our starting lineup!!!!

Who starts?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Evil Ted

Quote:
I didn't say I KNEW...I said some players did not develop as well because they were rushed to the NHL. There are 3 things involved that I believe in...

1-the player has to be kept hungy, if you push him to the NHL just because he has potential, he never has to work much at improving to get to that level(vs being held back in Junior/NCAA and AHL) and gets complacent. You see that a lot with young players on bottom feeding teams that get rushed to the pros.

2-you need to dominate at a level to move up to the next. If you don't dominate in junior, chances are you won't in the NHL or even AHL. If you want a player to be an all-star scoring winger in the pros, he should be at least that when being promoted.

3-if you rush a player and he is not sure he belongs, he goes in survival mode, playing not to make mistakes instead of trying to be a productive player by relying on his tools.

I hope Max is ready for AHL, from wtaching him NCAA last year it was my feeling that he needed at least another year at that level, he was good but not dominant.

Are you kidding me? think about what you said and then apply it to all the garbage you said about Latendresse, he pretty much falls to the wayside of every point you make there.

Latendresse had a good year but not dominant his last in jr, and then was benched at an embarassing display wjc.

Wow is all I can say your not bias? give me a break. You just pretty much called yourself out there.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
kernkraft

Quote:

God damn man, don't you even bother reading what I write?

NO!

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:

Somebody DID answer you. Pay attention.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
People....it's time....time to overreact.....and put Pacioretty in our starting lineup!!!!

Who starts?
Ill start...

Lahti-Koivu-Paciorrety

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cyrrus147

Great news !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Like I said...I got infracted

And I was *this* close to becomming a mod

Thanks a lot A-Hole
lol what happened ?

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Christmas just came early.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:16 AM
viasyncro

Quick note, remember what kind of impact LW Milan Lucic had on the Bruins at the end of last year! His physical presence is a good reason we had a hard time in the first series. He was one of the bruins best players during that stretch. Lucic was born Jun 07, 1988. Max Pac was born Nov 20, 1988, 6 months later. The potential is there.

viasyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:18 AM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Christmas just came early.
Christmas isn't the only thing that came....

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Great news !

lol what happened ?
I wanna know what happened too

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:20 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Christmas isn't the only thing that came....

Gainey

White Spy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:23 AM
MastaK

Yay!!

Tanguay-Sundin-Pacioretty
Pacioretty-Koivu-A.Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Pacioretty-Higgins
Pacioretty-Plekanec-S.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Laraque

Why roll 4 lines when we can roll 5?

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:23 AM
RE-HABS

Great signing, I kind of saw it coming after the reviews for Timmins and Co., I see him in the Habs line up sooner than later...Hamilton maybe a pit stop only.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Yes, I'd definitely like to see that quote because I don't see Lats being a PPGM in the top 6 at this point. I think he'd score 30 and put up 55-60 points with Koivu at center and Higgins/Tanguay or S.Kost on the other wing. It was either a typo or you misread.
Go back to my previous post, the one you quoted... i edited it, it's right there for everyone to see.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Are you kidding me? think about what you said and then apply it to all the garbage you said about Latendresse, he pretty much falls to the wayside of every point you make there.

Latendresse had a good year but not dominant his last in jr, and then was benched at an embarassing display wjc.

Wow is all I can say your not bias? give me a break. You just pretty much called yourself out there.
Well in his last junior year, Tender did score 43 goals (84 points) in 51 games. I did not watch any of his games, but not many players had a better gpg average in the entire CHL that year.

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 11:26 AM
kostitsyn1489

Amazing stuff. IMO, Pac wont spend the whole season in Hamilton next year. He'll get a shot in the NHL at some point and it's up to him to show he can hold his ground there.

He's with guys like Maxwell and D'Agostini that arent favorite at starting in the NHL, but that could if they make an impact at the camp. I expect both Maxwell and Pac mostly to play in the NHL this season and do well at that level. Even if Sundin signs the 3rd RW spot is still open with Lats sitting there. Not like he proved enough to be inked in the line-up for sure. If not 3rd line center is open, Maxwell always did good in camps. He's defensively responsible and the 3rd line would be a 2 way one so why not?

Lots of guys to keep track of at the rookie and then pro camp. There's maybe some more room then people think on the roster and i consider Chipchura almost a sure shot at making the team this year. He just needs not to screw up at camp.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote