HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouliot

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Blue Bullet

vCash: 500
Pouliot

Just thought you guys should know that Pouliot got a great review from McKeens. Very positive comments.

Old
02-19-2004, 02:28 PM
dem

Can you give us a little more than that? :p

Old
02-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
I've talked to the McKeen's people, and they're actually pretty good about quoting articles. They said a paragraph here and there is fine. Here's some of what they say:

"The other centerman for the Oceanic, he’s been overshadowed by Sidney Crosby all year .. we had some concerns about him going as early as he did in last year’s draft, but he looks completely worth it... a silky-smooth centerman can stickhandle through a crowd with patented puck skills and elusive skating... very good vision and anticipates effectively with his passes... sticks his nose and gets access to all jurisdictions of the ice... an uncanny first step allows him to change pace and create a play without wasting a second."

Old
02-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Bohologo

This is good to hear after all those bemoaning the passing over of Parise, and gives Oilers fans some encouraging insights.

Old
02-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Boondock Saint

I'm glad he seems to be as offensively skilled as we heard, but a few questions I have for anyone who has seen him:

1) How is his skating?? I've heard claims that he's sub-par and others that he is a fantastic skater.

2) Will he be strong enough to handle the jump straight to the NHL from juniors in a year or two?

3) Is he good enough defensively that the Oilers won't want him to spend some time in the minors?

Old
02-19-2004, 04:17 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
I'm glad he seems to be as offensively skilled as we heard, but a few questions I have for anyone who has seen him:

1) How is his skating?? I've heard claims that he's sub-par and others that he is a fantastic skater.
He won't be confused with the fastest players in the league, but I had heard a couple of times that he just looked bad on his skates. Well I think I've seen about 5 games of his this year, and I haven't noticed that problem at all, he looks pretty good on his skates.

Quote:
2) Will he be strong enough to handle the jump straight to the NHL from juniors in a year or two?
It's hard to tell with guys from the Q... it isn't the most physical league. However I think he gained 10 pounds on last year and hopefully he can do that again this summer.

Quote:
3) Is he good enough defensively that the Oilers won't want him to spend some time in the minors?
He isn't bad at all defensively, but I could see him spending a season down in Toronto just getting used to pro hockey. But he doesn't have any massive defensive short comings from what I have seen.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Matts

You aren't coming straight from anywhere

to play for KracKT unless you look after your own end.

You can mark that one down as gospel

Old
02-19-2004, 04:28 PM
Cerebral

I don't think Pouliot is going to have too many problems.. he's not exactly a Satan/Czerwawski clone, he has some defensive skill. A year in Toronto might be good for him though.. I s'pose we'll see in a couple years

Old
02-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
a year in the AHL could only help MAP

Old
02-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Lowetide

This kid got buried by some pretty smart people way too soon. He has passed the 20 goal mark, and is scoring at a better clip this season than the last one. He's probably not going to play in the big leagues until at least 2005, so he has lots of time.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Oi'll say!

I hope he's not being converted to a winger down there.

He's had a couple of games now with virtually no face-offs at all.

Closed Thread