Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unnofficial Prospect Ranking

Old
07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
abracanada

vCash: 500
Unnofficial Prospect Ranking

I don't go along with the ranking on HF.

A few changes I would suggest:

1. Backlund 8.0
2. Irving 7.5
3. Negrin 7.5
4. Ryder 7.0
5. Keetley 7.0
6. Niemitz7.0
7. Pelech 6.5
8. Pardy 6.0
9. Wahl 6.0
10. Greentree 6.0
11. Aulie 6.0
12. Sutter 5.5

Boyd is not a prospect, he has made the NHL. Puustinen's rights will potentially be lost, or he is being shoved back further by the new crop. Chucko's heart must had dropped when the Flames picked up Greentree, Bourque and Glencross (all more gifted versions of himself). Armstrong, Marvin, Van Der Gulik and Fulton all have some proving to do before they would be considered in the top twelve. (Armstrong may be the exception)

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
1. Backlund 8.5
2. Irving 7.0
3. Negrin 7.0
4. Ryder 7.5
5. Keetley 7.5
6. Niemitz7.0
7. Pelech 7.0
8. Pardy 6.5
9. Wahl 5.5
10. Greentree 5.5
11. Aulie 6.0
12. Sutter 5.5

Not much different. I think Irving has gone down. I don't know much about the recent draft picks, so I'd just ignore my rankings for them. High hopes in Backlund. I really like Chucko, unfortunatly I don't think he's gonna make it.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:04 PM
HuskyFlames

IMO, Pelech should be a 8.0 but a C. THe guy was the most imporved over the course of last year. Keep in mind he was the youngest or nearly the youngest player in his draft class, who suffered through injuries.

His upside is huge. I expect him to really come out next year in the AHL. Sutter has said that a few guys, Negrin, Pardy, Pelech are close to NHL and/or could play next year.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
IMO, Pelech should be a 8.0 but a C. THe guy was the most imporved over the course of last year. Keep in mind he was the youngest or nearly the youngest player in his draft class, who suffered through injuries.

His upside is huge. I expect him to really come out next year in the AHL. Sutter has said that a few guys, Negrin, Pardy, Pelech are close to NHL and/or could play next year.
Pardy or Negrin will be a regular, top 6 defensemen for us next season. Both have alot of potential, and with Eriksson, Warrener, and Aucoins contracts expiring, we may see both.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
abracanada

Quote:

That is the highest I have ever heard Pelech being rated. Is he smart and talented enough to rank that well?

Old
07-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Where do you think the O-Def the Flames just signed would rank in this system?? From what I've read on him he has a shot to rival Phaneufs but has some skating Issues?

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2008, 07:59 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Where do you think the O-Def the Flames just signed would rank in this system?? From what I've read on him he has a shot to rival Phaneufs but has some skating Issues?
He is a longshot to make the NHL. I hope he does for obvious reasons but it is an uphill battle for someone who is undrafted.

Old
07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
DownInFlames

^^^^ Just ask Mark Giordano.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
IMO, Pelech should be a 8.0 but a C. .
8.0 means he has potential to be a top 2 dman like Adam Foote, Robyn Regehr.....

I just dont see it....unless you are talking about the AHL

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 09:45 AM
NeonDion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
8.0 means he has potential to be a top 2 dman like Adam Foote, Robyn Regehr.....

I just dont see it....unless you are talking about the AHL
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about Pelech? His large wingspan and solid size? His mean streak and the fact that he loves to hit people? His good skating and lateral mobility? His above average puck skills?

At an 8.0 C to 7.5 C he's got the POTENTIAL to become a top pairing physical defenceman, but might turn into the next David Hale. What's wrong with that assesment?

NeonDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDion View Post
Just out of curiosity what don't you like about Pelech? His large wingspan and solid size? His mean streak and the fact that he loves to hit people? His good skating and lateral mobility? His above average puck skills?

At an 8.0 C to 7.5 C he's got the POTENTIAL to become a top pairing physical defenceman, but might turn into the next David Hale. What's wrong with that assesment?
If that is the case, everyone who is above 6'3 and 220 lbs in jr have potential to be top pairing dman. Fact is guys who have not reached that level in lower levels just dont come out of the blue and become top players in the NHL one day.

I am not saying he is a bust yet but if you want to give some meaning to rating then be realistic.

btw, above average pick skills? we may not be speaking about the same guy

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
NeonDion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
btw, above average pick skills? we may not be speaking about the same guy
Obviously has Stone hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iYpi...=pelech&page=2
He was a top pairing defenceman in the AHL by the end of last year and will make a solid push to be on the roster out of training camp.

NeonDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2008, 01:42 PM
abracanada

Pelech showed some pretty good moves on that clip. Things is, there won't be room for that kind of thing from him in the NHL unless I miss my guess. I like my NHL defenders to have hard, accurate shots rather than dipsy doodling ability.

Old
07-17-2008, 06:35 PM
HuskyFlames

Coash of AHL Flames said Pelech was far and away the most imporved defense prospect last year. Said by the end of the year, he was pretty much the go to guy. Rememebr this guy was one of the younger drafted players in his draft year and was hampered early by injury problems.

If he improves next year like he did last year...he will be a top 4 Dman forsure.

Old
07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
HuskyFlames

Oh, and by the way about Pelech developing. I was reading a Flames prospect list for those prospects attending the camp this year. THey had him at 6'5" and around 225.

So it looks like he has filled out and grown a few inches since his draft year as well.

Old
07-17-2008, 07:33 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Oh, and by the way about Pelech developing. I was reading a Flames prospect list for those prospects attending the camp this year. THey had him at 6'5" and around 225.

So it looks like he has filled out and grown a few inches since his draft year as well.

Absolutely. he has developed pretty well so far and had a solid rookie pro season. Another year in the AHL will do him wonders. I definetly think he can be a top 4 guy for the flames in the future.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote