HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Proposal: LA-Mtl

Old
07-18-2008, 12:44 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
For once, I'd say this proposal looks pretty good.
Yea, value wise it looks pretty good, I like Moller and wanted the Habs to draft him. Bagnall was solid in the NCAA, haven't seen him since Ryan Glenn and him were teammates though. But imo no way do the Habs move O'Byrne, at least until they have Komisarek locked up long term, so we don't risk having only 1 RD if for some reason Komisarek leaves as a UFA next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Well, outside of Pacioretty, there don't seem to be that many outstanding talents in the forward department of your younger club. Chipchura and D'Agostini have already graduated to the NHL.
Chipchura spent most of last season in the AHL and could have a spot in the NHL depending if another center is signed, which hopefully is the case. D'Agostini is far from certain of an NHL job as he has 1 game of experience, and imo he will see more time in the AHL then the NHL next year unless injuries really hit or he has a great camp.

I agree though, the Habs are lacking forward depth not counting this past draft as I have not seen much of them yet. But they have a bunch of young NHLers under 23 in the Kostitsyn brothers, Latendresse, Lappierre to go with Pacioretty/Chipchura. Still it's an issue that I think the team will continue to address at the next draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Bouillon is not crap, he was hurt. The guy plays his heart out for a little guy and is pretty damn effective when 100%.

I agree.

He's been stopping top forwards with pretty good effectiveness, very few turnovers.. Where's the problem as a 5th D?

We won't get no offence from him, though.

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
I agree.

He's been stopping top forwards with pretty good effectiveness, very few turnovers.. Where's the problem as a 5th D?

We won't get no offence from him, though.
He's got a good shot and is an okay passer.

I believe at his point he would be a better option than say Komisarek or Gorges on the pp in case of a severe injury plague.

I think O'Byrne does havesome small offensive potential in him. Maybe a regular 30 point guy or something?!

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:48 PM
peperebougon*

Not bad value for O'Bee at all...We need O'bee's size and toughness. He did too good last year for us to trade him...I think he will get back to be a hitting machine once he secures his spot. He was asked to tone down the physical play and concentrate on playing good defense instead of trying to hit everything that moved.

I would think about it a lot...and I am still...

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Guillemin

I don't understand it from LA's standpoint. They need experience, not a second year guy who looked about league average in his first year.

Obie can't show the kids how it's done, cause he's still learning himself.

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:56 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I ask again, why the hell would we do this trade? Ob is 6'5, hes a monster @ life, a thug @ night, and a beast on D. He will b a key player, the type of player, that if he gets injured it will impact everyone on the team. I don't see how this trade can help us, its more of a sidestep which we don't need.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I ask again, why the hell would we do this trade? Ob is 6'5, hes a monster @ life, a thug @ night, and a beast on D. He will b a key player, the type of player, that if he gets injured it will impact everyone on the team. I don't see how this trade can help us, its more of a sidestep which we don't need.
Maybe you're right, but my line of thinking had to do with Montreal's plans for the future. Like I said before, their depth at forward in the minor league is pretty abysmal so Moller would contribute to continuous success rather than "let's just push for the Cup now". The Kings are lacking in defenseman on their current roster. While they have enough players to fill the positions (duh), the uncertain or poor play of some defensemen (i.e. Harrold, Gauthier, even Doughty as he is still only 18 and may need more time to develop) creates a problem. O'Byrne would be a nice pick-up and add to the King's youth movement.
P.S. Bagnall is also pretty big at around 6'3 I believe. Sure he's not O'Byrne quality but if size is what you're looking for, he's a decent addition and could surprise many.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 12:30 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
if you replaced Bagnall or Moller with Purcell MAYBE it would be a decent trade, but I still see it as a sidestep, past, present or future.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 02:04 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
if you replaced Bagnall or Moller with Purcell MAYBE it would be a decent trade, but I still see it as a sidestep, past, present or future.
I'm sorry but to say that is almost the equivalent of me countering with "if you added Price, MAYBE it would come close to even." Purcell is LA's best forward prospect and you would need 3 O'Byrnes just to get close to Teddy's value.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Maybe you're right, but my line of thinking had to do with Montreal's plans for the future. Like I said before, their depth at forward in the minor league is pretty abysmal so Moller would contribute to continuous success rather than "let's just push for the Cup now". The Kings are lacking in defenseman on their current roster. While they have enough players to fill the positions (duh), the uncertain or poor play of some defensemen (i.e. Harrold, Gauthier, even Doughty as he is still only 18 and may need more time to develop) creates a problem. O'Byrne would be a nice pick-up and add to the King's youth movement.
P.S. Bagnall is also pretty big at around 6'3 I believe. Sure he's not O'Byrne quality but if size is what you're looking for, he's a decent addition and could surprise many.
I wouldn't call MaxPac, Chipchura, Maxwell, D'agostini, White, Wyman, Kristo, Qualier, Trotter, Trunev, Stewart, Fortier, and Latendresse abysmal forward depth... in fact its pretty good.

Especially when you consider the fact that Higgins, Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Lapierre are all relatively young and producing at the NHL level.

Sure we'd love to get our hands on another offensive centre incase Maxwell doesn't pan out... but we are pretty set for the future on the wings, on defence and in goal. Its not nearly as bad a situation as abysmal makes it sound.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote