HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Graves Night Speculation

Old
07-18-2008, 08:03 AM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
I'm not even going to bother trying to get tix for this game. I'll stick with the viewing party which I am sure they will have again.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:55 AM
MiniRide

Todays Newsday says.. Either November 10 or January 7

MiniRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:56 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
messier night was 1/12/06...thats the middle of the month...it really depends on which team they r playing and who agrees to participate in the cerimony. leetch night was the 24th which was the end of the month. i think obviously it will be around the same time as either of these nights

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniRide View Post
Todays Newsday says.. Either November 10 or January 7
i believe i called that one

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
allcar67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Definitely January. If they didn't pick one of Messier's teams or Leetchie's teams, why would they pick Edmonton for Graves? If anything, he's way more a Ranger than he was an Oiler.
Messier Night was v. Edmonton.

I originally thought January 27 v. Carolina. However, they play in Pittsburgh the next night so I don't see them having an extended celebration on the 27th.

November 10th v. Edmonton and January 20th v. Anaheim seem the two most likely dates.

Since they seem to like having these nights on Thursdays, a sleeper date is November 6th v. Tampa.

allcar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 10:53 PM
tdawg56

I love graves more than anyone but i cant believe he is getting his number retired. He is not even a hall of fame player and it is a slap in the face to all the hall of fame players that played for the rangers IMO. Usually i am pumped for a jersey retirement but this one doesnt do it for me i could care less. Great player for a few years and a top notch guy off the ice and that is not the question here but i dont see how he gets his jersey retired. He only gets a pass for 1994 and that isnt right. He is 10th all time in points.

Either way i love the guy but i cant get pumped off of this one like i did for leetch last year.

tdawg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg56 View Post
I love graves more than anyone but i cant believe he is getting his number retired. He is not even a hall of fame player and it is a slap in the face to all the hall of fame players that played for the rangers IMO. Usually i am pumped for a jersey retirement but this one doesnt do it for me i could care less. Great player for a few years and a top notch guy off the ice and that is not the question here but i dont see how he gets his jersey retired. He only gets a pass for 1994 and that isnt right. He is 10th all time in points.
Either way i love the guy but i cant get pumped off of this one like i did for leetch last year.
what about all the stuff he does for the orginization. that doesnt count i guess.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:32 PM
tdawg56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
what about all the stuff he does for the orginization. that doesnt count i guess.
That doesnt count IMO, its what you do on the ice to get a jersey retired as a player. If not then will the standard be set for what you do after you retire as well???? Sorry he doesnt cut it for me. Like i said i love him as a player but we are taking 1994 too far IMO and its a slap in the face to old time rangers.

tdawg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
TrueBlue9

Home game against a west coast Canadian team on December 7 changed to 7:30. May be early planning for a retirement ceremony before the game.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/0...n-maneuvering/

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Fletch

would they change the time for a ceremony? Presumably the ticket would still have 7PM on it otherwise noone will show up to the game until the time on the ticket.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I think it might just be because it will be on TSN and they usually show their games at 7:30. Just a hunch.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 02:42 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg56 View Post

I agree. It lessens the honor for everyone else imo. Don't get me wrong, Graves is an incredible human being...but not an incredible hockey player, and that's what it's supposed to be about.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I agree. It lessens the honor for everyone else imo. Don't get me wrong, Graves is an incredible human being...but not an incredible hockey player, and that's what it's supposed to be about.
I sometimes wonder if they would still retire his number if he wasn't working for the organization...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote