HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Why are people such tards when driving?

Old
07-18-2008, 02:58 AM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Ever been to New York? There's literally 2 intersections in the whole city where the streets are perpendicular. Now add onto that all the one way streets, pedestrians, angry people, old people, stupid cab drivers, and insane amounts of traffic and it makes for ******, ****** driving.
I've driven in LA and New York, so I'm here to settle the dispute:

NY is more of a ****** place to drive.. though LA is still bad.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:01 AM
sjsharky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperArchetype View Post
I've driven in LA and New York, so I'm here to settle the dispute:

NY is more of a ****** place to drive.. though LA is still bad.
La has worse traffic

sjsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:06 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
Ever been to New York? There's literally 2 intersections in the whole city where the streets are perpendicular. Now add onto that all the one way streets, pedestrians, angry people, old people, stupid cab drivers, and insane amounts of traffic and it makes for ******, ****** driving.
Well... It might be comparable because Winnipeg is built along like 3 rivers that completely **** the city over. the busiest street in the city has a dead end to it. Not to mention the intersection of Main st and Portage ave, don't how many of you been there but it's awful. It can be absolutely dead outside and you go stand at that intersection its a hurricane, makes no sense.
But I double dare you to go successfully maneuver Confusion Corner, you'll absolutely love it haha I made a joke about doing the drivers test, the whole test is successfully get thru Confusion Corner and you automatically pass since seeing as it'll be the hardest thing you'll ever do

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:19 AM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
But I double dare you to go successfully maneuver Confusion Corner, you'll absolutely love it haha I made a joke about doing the drivers test, the whole test is successfully get thru Confusion Corner and you automatically pass since seeing as it'll be the hardest thing you'll ever do
Is this, by any chance, confusion corner?

If so, it looks like fun. Really, who designs this ****?

Here's typical New York traffic:

But the worst part of NYC streets is that a ton of them are one way streets and you get so damn confused. You never know if you can turn left and this intersection or if it's a one way.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:51 AM
deanosaur

Quote:
Is this, by any chance, confusion corner?

If so, it looks like fun. Really, who designs this ****?

Here's typical New York traffic:

But the worst part of NYC streets is that a ton of them are one way streets and you get so damn confused. You never know if you can turn left and this intersection or if it's a one way.
Hahaha Yep. It's stupider when your coming from North going South. It's missing spots I'll show you a birds eye view.

It looks easy, but it's the stupidest thing you'll ever drive through in your life haha.
I have no idea who designed but **** it was stupid haha
Keep in mind going south on Osbourne is one way up untill that part it turns into Donald st going north on Osbourne then it turns into Donald st, its so dumb.

BUT on a positive note, the smartest road design they ever did was a perimeter highway, yes it's exactly how it sounds.

Last edited by deanosaur: 07-18-2008 at 03:58 AM.
deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 04:13 AM
evgeni71

Okay we all know how bad Chinese people are at driving(not trying to stereotype, but you know it's true), right?

Imagine 20 million of them crammed into a city. Thousands are on bicycles and mopeds/motorbikes, none of them have helmets so if you hit them they die. Even more are J-walking cross highways and major roads, and for those who are driving nobody is wearing seatbelts. Welcome to Beijing.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharky View Post
Not as bad as Los Angelas
Try driving in India.

Where yielding is a suggestion, not a law.
Where lanes are decided by how many cars you can fit in them(Usually two, if you're creative. Three vehicles if you count motorcyclists).
Where crossing a street on your light, looks like a bad game of dodgeball. With cars.

Still think Los Angeles is bad?

Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Is it bad that I was waiting for a mini-wreck in that video?

Anyways.. Yeah some.. Scratch that.. Most people suck.

Coming to an intersection, I have a green... Some ****er just inches into the middle of the intersection trying to make a left. He's looking around like he's never seen a red light before.

Nearly T-boned him. ****ing loser.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scott View Post
Is it so hard to see a yield sign? I mean seriously, how do they get their licences?

And the best part, they look at you and act like its your fault... un-****ing believable...

******* ********* *******s!
On a weekly basis people who DO NOT CHECK THEIR BLINDSPOT nearly hit me when changing lanes (how dumb are these people)

Ever notice also how when exiting a highway and coming to a main road intersection (T intersection where left goes south on a BLVD and right goes north), some people in the far left turning lane will just drift out into the middle lane without even looking? Meanwhile that middle lane is also a designated turning lane. Do people not check their blindspots? How do they get licenses. And then when they nearly hit you cause your in your lane they flip you off.

Another time exact same scenario except the dude infront of me drifted from the middle lane (on the turn) into the far right lane (lane for going back on the highway the opposite direction) and then for whatever reason went to go back into my lane without even looking and nearly hit me. It's like WHY DO YOU TURN INTO THAT LANE THEN IF YOUR NOT NEEDING TO BE IN IT?

Why do people seem to find it so difficult to turn into the lane they're needing to be in.

Why also can't people seem to turn onto a street without driving on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD (crossing the orange line)

This all drives me nuts how ppl are such retarded drivers.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I have two good friends that drove up here (Ottawa) from Boston in early March for hockey. They've driven pretty much all over North America (the only state they haven't been in is Tennessee I think, and every province besides BC, Alberta, Quebec and Ontario). They said the worst drivers are here in Canada.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
My hometown got a round a bout.

Small town Saskatchewan.

My friend and I brought a cooler out and sat in the middle the day it opened. 9 people before noon went around the wrong way.

07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Chootoi

i think the only place that people may be dumber than in their cars is in the grocery store. it's AGONY. seriously, grab a lawn chair and a beer, and set up in the aisle of a grocery store for an hour and watch their brains completely shut the **** off. we're all guilty too so don't think you're an exception

have you ever seen two people meet in an aisle where only one cart will fit through? Bring a sandwich and a pillow, and maybe a 12-gauge. Then you have people banging into **** with their carts, into the displays, running over kids... you'd swear they were trying to drive a tractor trailer.

but the best is the looks you'll get from the guy ahead of you at the checkout when you have half a banana hanging over the "touch my groceries and i'll break your damn legs" stick that you put between the orders.

[/hijacking]

Chootoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
That always makes me laugh. What, is it a problem if for a second my pre-packaged, closed groceries that are the same as and were right beside your pre-packaged, closed groceries in the aisles may touch? People throw those things down like it would save their lives or something.

I like to not use the divider because it's comical to see people squirm for a second because they're so uncomfortable that they cannot leave grocies unseperated. Even if the belt is almost completely empty, there is no one waiting to put their groceries on and there's some space between orders, they still will through it down between orders. Relax, people and take the sticks out of your ass.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
We could start a pissing match for which city has the worst drivers, but I gotta hand it to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Because that city doesn't believe in having straight roads and EVERY street is curved or angled or straight up ****ed up, and not to mention CONFUSION CORNER (yeah it's actually called that it's the gayest **** you'll ever drive through) people are even more dumber than your average stupid person.
Hahahaha, whoever build Winnipeg was on some sweet drugs. Problem is, instead of having it on a grid, it's built like a circle.

Anyway, Mexico has great drivers. So bad.

My first introduction to Mexico...on my way back from ball practice. Have all my gear and stuff and I'm walking with one of the girls from the team and I stop and stare at this motorbike.

Father in the front. Two kids under 8. Mother. Baby on the back. Infant in one arm.

We paid our bus driver 50 pesos (5 dollars) to floor it and hit the massive speed bump at full speed.

He did.

Ti-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
That always makes me laugh. What, is it a problem if for a second my pre-packaged, closed groceries that are the same as and were right beside your pre-packaged, closed groceries in the aisles may touch? People throw those things down like it would save their lives or something.

I like to not use the divider because it's comical to see people squirm for a second because they're so uncomfortable that they cannot leave grocies unseperated. Even if the belt is almost completely empty, there is no one waiting to put their groceries on and there's some space between orders, they still will through it down between orders. Relax, people and take the sticks out of your ass.
it's funny to watch people sweat. it's like they think they'll have to pay for you entire order cause you use didn't use the stick. don't worry you half witted open mouthed cro-mag, the cashier knows the extra large carton of extra bold marlboros are yours, and the pepperoni pizza pops are mine. she was trained for this.

Old
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg View Post
Try driving in India.

Where yielding is a suggestion, not a law.
Where lanes are decided by how many cars you can fit in them(Usually two, if you're creative. Three vehicles if you count motorcyclists).
Where crossing a street on your light, looks like a bad game of dodgeball. With cars.

Still think Los Angeles is bad?
Holy cows! It's amazing no one got hurt!

Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
TasteofFlames

To quote the recently deceased George Carlin:

"Have you ever notice how everyone going slower than you is an !@#hole and everyone going faster is a MANIAC!!!"

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
i think the only place that people may be dumber than in their cars is in the grocery store. it's AGONY. seriously, grab a lawn chair and a beer, and set up in the aisle of a grocery store for an hour and watch their brains completely shut the **** off. we're all guilty too so don't think you're an exception

have you ever seen two people meet in an aisle where only one cart will fit through? Bring a sandwich and a pillow, and maybe a 12-gauge. Then you have people banging into **** with their carts, into the displays, running over kids... you'd swear they were trying to drive a tractor trailer.

but the best is the looks you'll get from the guy ahead of you at the checkout when you have half a banana hanging over the "touch my groceries and i'll break your damn legs" stick that you put between the orders.

[/hijacking]
WOW. I actually make a point of commenting on peoples stupidity in grocery stores now. It's so true. People are so clueless, they don't realize they're blocking an entire aile. I actually make a point of saying aloud "idiot blocks the entire aile" now when I go down an aile and people don't use common sense to stop blocking it. Why should I have to ask, is it not obvious you are blocking the entire aile? Is it not obvious when people are standing there waiting right infront of you and you look at them they are waiting for you to move your ass? I used to ask people to move out of the way but got sick and tired of having to say it over and over again every aile, now I either make a rude remark or move their cart myself.

The funny part is most of the time when I make comments it IS because the person is just standing there with a blank look on their face hands on cart.

Old
07-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Chootoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post

"Have you ever notice how everyone going slower than you is an !@#hole and everyone going faster is a MANIAC!!!"
to quote him again:

"people are really ****ing stupid. I mean, think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!"

Old
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
to quote him again:

"people are really ****ing stupid. I mean, think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!"
I miss George

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:57 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post

I must admit, I am guilty of this type of mentality as a driver, but I don't drive insanely, I drive slightly above the speed limit and so do most of the drivers around here. I don't mind when people do the speed limit though, its when they do below it or do the speed limit in the passing lane aka the fast lane. If you aren't speeding or passing, GTFO. No point in being a passive aggressive *****, if you want to do less than 100km/h do it in the regular or slow lane where its acceptable. Why do you need to ride the fast/passing lane for no apparent reason going 90km/h? It just doesn't make any sense, you're just doing it to be a ********* if you do it cause people even in the regular lanes will be passing you on the right you're going so slow.

Old
07-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

I hate it when I'm on my bike and cars insist on rolling through stop signs, nearly hitting me. I'm going to start carrying bricks to throw.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:09 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I love LA! lol

Rules for driving in Los Angeles:

Yellow means hurry up. Red means finish your turn.

Always drive really close to the guy in front of you so you can't be accused of running the red light.

Drive aggressively. If you drive defensively, you won't get anywhere. Signaling for lane changes only means the guy is going to close the gap and keep you from coming over.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
The stupidest law ever is having bikers on the same streets as cars. Bikers should always be on the sidewalk, unless it's a busy downtown scenario when people are getting off work and are all over the sidewalk.

Other than that, stay on the sidewalk! When I'm trying to 60km/h on a street with only two lines and you're typing up the lane going 15, it's a pain in the ass. Unless you can go 60, you probably don't belong on the same street with other modes of transportation that can.

I love to bike but I would never do this. I hate how bikers ***** about cars trying to cut them off or saying they almost hit them. You wouldn't be in that danger if you weren't going with cars. The day cars start riding on the sidewalk is when you have a valid argument.

God bless cities like Vancouver that account for those and have the infrastructure.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Big#D

Quote:
it's funny to watch people sweat. it's like they think they'll have to pay for you entire order cause you use didn't use the stick. don't worry you half witted open mouthed cro-mag, the cashier knows the extra large carton of extra bold marlboros are yours, and the pepperoni pizza pops are mine. she was trained for this.
I think you give some cashiers too much credit.

Big#D is offline   Reply With Quote