HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pedneault is OUT, replaced by Benoit Brunet

Old
07-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Good riddance!

The king of overreaaction and throwing guys under the bus for mistakes.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Delat

I don't know if I like it or not. At least it's not le Baron or somebody from 110% but I wouldn't have said no to a Bob Hartley if he doesn't find any job, Norman Flynn woud have been a bit better I think. I'll wait until the season to conclude anything on that subject.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
Norman Flynn
Personal opinion and all, but

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
mbz

wow... Brunet is TERRIBLE. Pednault was maybe anoying at times but I though he did his job pretty well. Im actually quite dissapointed with this.

mbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
On arrête ici...

On arrête ici... forever

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Well that sucks considering they just replaced him with the ever boring Benoit Brunet. This guy has no emotion in his voice whatsoever!!

Ever watch a non Habs telecast of hockey on rds? Brunet does those from time to time..they are dreadful.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Personal opinion and all, but
You choose...Gaston Therrien or Norman Flynn.....I choose Flynn. Flynn is the only commentator that I've seen regularly in dev. camps and rookie camps....At the very least, he shows that he cares and doesn't want to talk about something he doesn't know.

I would not have minded Flynn.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You choose...Gaston Therrien or Norman Flynn

Old
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
I'm happy he is out. He was always whining and negative all the time.

Too bad we don't have a Vercheval for hockey. Brunet isn't that great but he could get better.

And yah, that came out of nowhere lol.
yes we do have a varcheval and he's called Dany Dube... RDS should pay the moon to CKAC to buy out his contract... that would be so perfect

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:40 PM
kevanos

[QUOTE=Tucker316;14919513]Well that sucks considering they just replaced him with the ever boring Benoit Brunet. This guy has no emotion in his voice whatsoever!!

Ever watch a non Habs telecast of hockey on rds? Brunet does those from time to time..they are dreadful.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but coupled with Pierre he will probably be better, and Pierre is always fun to listen to, i don't think it's a bad combination, should be fun.

kevanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kostitsyn1489

Not a big fan of Flynn, but it wouldve been good for some reason like he knows more about junior hockey then anybody in french media. I think he coulkve been a guy bringing junior and AHL stuff more then other media that just sits on their ass and do the minimum that can all the time.

Still i cant stand Pedenault whatsoever. I turned the TV off at times and only listened on the radio cause i couldnt stand him. If the guy couldnt clear the zone then it was "impardonable" like all the time. Sometimes a minimal mistake would be turned into he's totally horrible and there's no way a player can miss that play. Please look at other NHL games it happens all the time.

Brunet now, we'll see. I'm not too used to listen intermission stuff, but watched some sens game this year he isnt that bad. Sure he's got improvement to do, but he's a rookie. This year he might say or do weird things, but as the seaosn will go he'll understand how it works and he'll get better. With times he'll be much better then pedenault i think. Also as a former hockey player he might be able to get useful inside and not made up stuff from pedenault or things that nobody cares about.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Well....that's about the only guys RDS can throw at you. Brunet, Therrien and Flynn. Who else? Dubé might love his radio job for whatever reason so he might never go on RDS. Unless somebody else come along, if Brunet can't do the job, you better be prepare for Therrien or Flynn. And out of the 2, it's Flynn no question. I didn't like Therrien, but I hate him more since his terrible job at the draft....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I don't see how Brunet is any better. I watched a few Sens games he did and let's just say I was not impressed.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Brunet now, we'll see. I'm not too used to listen intermission stuff, but watched some sens game this year he isnt that bad. Sure he's got improvement to do, but he's a rookie. This year he might say or do weird things, but as the seaosn will go he'll understand how it works and he'll get better. With times he'll be much better then pedenault i think. Also as a former hockey player he might be able to get useful inside and not made up stuff from pedenault or things that nobody cares about.
If there's a god, he's gonna go on the air pantsless.

PLEASE, CAREY PRICE ALL MIGHTY, MAKE IT SO!

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well....that's about the only guys RDS can throw at you. Brunet, Therrien and Flynn. Who else? Dubé might love his radio job for whatever reason so he might never go on RDS. Unless somebody else come along, if Brunet can't do the job, you better be prepare for Therrien or Flynn. And out of the 2, it's Flynn no question. I didn't like Therrien, but I hate him more since his terrible job at the draft....
Agreed. Therrien has become beyong redeemable in my book. Out of the people mentionned, it would go Dubé, Brunet, Flynn for me.

In any event, I'm happy Yvon is gone. It will help with the "old boys country club" image RDS has. Bunch of older men, going on reputation and not actually trying at all.

Old
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
kyne

Long overdue. To be fair, when Pedneault wanted to, he could be quite good at his job and he proved it a few times over the years. Perhaps he stopped trying in the end.

Like others, I think Dube would be perfect for the job. Brunet is an interesting choice though. He's certainly intelligent and well spoken in both languages. It'll be tough going at first and I'm sure he'll be lambasted by everyone as being somewhat lacking. Gilles Tremblay was just awful when he first started, but eventually became a first rate colour commentator. Let's hope it's the same for Benny.

kyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:49 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

People will soon notice that Pedneault was doing a great job.

Brunet is just bad. Sorry. He was getting on my nerves even if he didn't talk a lot. He's a tool.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Brunet has something against Jason Spezza. I don't know if his wife cheated on him with Spezza or something. He keeps referring to him as "joueur en dentelle"

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Usually I use too many commas, today I forget one. oh well.

You see, I read your post and knew exactly what you meant. OTOH if Fido or AD had posted the exact same thing then I would have interpreted it differently.

There's comfort somewhere in that. Although maybe we should be a little uncomfortable with that....

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
kevanos

Gaston Thérien is to Quebec as Don Cherry is to Canada.

It's simply a love/hate relationship based on entertainment.

kevanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Not a big fan of Flynn, but it wouldve been good for some reason like he knows more about junior hockey then anybody in french media. I think he coulkve been a guy bringing junior and AHL stuff more then other media that just sits on their ass and do the minimum that can all the time.

Still i cant stand Pedenault whatsoever. I turned the TV off at times and only listened on the radio cause i couldnt stand him. If the guy couldnt clear the zone then it was "impardonable" like all the time. Sometimes a minimal mistake would be turned into he's totally horrible and there's no way a player can miss that play. Please look at other NHL games it happens all the time.

Agreed, Pednault has never played hockey and it shows.

He seems to think that the game is played in perfect condition and d-men are never under pressure or a pass never skips over your stick because of bad ice etc

You see a 2 on 1 with a perfect pass but the puck jumps over player X's stick...then he tears a strip off player X for missing the chance when it's plainly obvious that the puck was either in mid air or bouncing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Artie

They should have brought in Denis Casavant....

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Astaroth

Brunet est vraiment mediocre, like seriously this is not an upgrade whatsoever.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
lasainteflanelle*

is yvon the guy who yells "et le buuuuuuut!" when we score?

lasainteflanelle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
They should have brought in Denis Casavant....
He'sd probably the most solid pro doing games of any kind in Quebec imo, but to do analysis, he's a bit dry, wouldn't you think ? He's good in his radio gig, but he plays off of his partners.

I could see him stepping in for Houde if the sitaution called for it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote