HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-NYI

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Smash255

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Well the question answers itself. They were afraid of the Flyers but they have no fear of the Isles. Maybe the Fishstix should look into acquiring Brashear or Fedoruk, huh?
Jumping someone from behind & going after fighting an injured player with a brace on his shoulder doesn't exact = toughness.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:57 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Is there a bigger sign of our beloved Blueshirts futility than the fact that it is almost 4PM and there is no game thread for an Islander game?

Play nice everyone.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

Why can't they play like this the rest of the way?
I can't beleive this team that they beat are 10 points ahead of them.

Now if they win 9 more straight they might be in it again.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:00 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255
Jumping someone from behind & going after fighting an injured player with a brace on his shoulder doesn't exact = toughness.
Maybe but the Ranger didn't do that to the Flyers, did they? Therefore the point stands. I'm sorry that it appears to bother you that the Rangers don't fear the Isles, but events pretty much show that to be the case, and bringing the Flyers game into it only aggravates the situation.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Smash255

Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Maybe but the Ranger didn't do that to the Flyers, did they? Therefore the point stands. I'm sorry that it appears to bother you that the Rangers don't fear the Isles, but events pretty much show that to be the case, and bringing the Flyers game into it only aggravates the situation.
Rangers should have showed passion against the Flyers, and they did it against the Isles. The point I was making is going after players from behind & injured players isn't toughness either.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
By the way as far as the Blake situation. Blake went in to help Scatchard because with Scatchard's shoulder brace he couldn't fight. yet JD & Sam have nothing to say about that & try to punk Blake for sticking up for his teammate that can't fight because of an injury, and say nothing about Simon going after someone who can't fight because of injury.
smash
watch the replay again, it looks like scatch stuck his knee out a bit. as for blake, sam and jd never said anything bad about him, they said he was trying to stick up for his teamate, whats wrong with that? as for scatch's shoulder brace... maybe they didnt know, they are ranger announcers not islanders. im sure the islander announcers didnt say dunham may not want to fight dipi due to a concussion he had recently

Old
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
mwshapi

i don't understand why all the fishstick fans have to come to the ranger boards after every game. you have your own board where you can talk and complain and whine, whatever.

you don't need to comment that old guy 1 got into a cheap fight or old guy 2 stuck out their knee. the rangers don't win too many games, can you let us enjoy this one?

Old
02-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan

Islander fan's make me laugh the loudest.

It may be another joke of a season in Ranger land, but watching the Rangers literally stomp on Dipi and the Islanders will never grow old.

If we're not gonna make the playoffs, I'd love nothing more then to take the Islanders down with us.

But still, keep on boys

Old
02-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh77
fine the rangers won the game....BUT WHY WOULD THE RANGERS BE LAUGHING SO MUCH??? HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN THAT THEY ARE 11 POINTS BACK?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
psh...

YOU CANT BEAT US!!!

Old
02-19-2004, 10:14 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Rangers should have showed passion against the Flyers, and they did it against the Isles.

Hey, if you look at my posts throughout this thread you'll note that I'm not too happy about the Isles' sorry play tonight either.

Quote:
The point I was making is going after players from behind & injured players isn't toughness either.
Yes and the point I was making is that if the Rangers aren't tough, what does that say about the Isles?

Old
02-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwshapi
i don't understand why all the fishstick fans have to come to the ranger boards after every game. you have your own board where you can talk and complain and whine, whatever.
And miss all this entertainment? Never

Old
02-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh77
fine the rangers won the game....BUT WHY WOULD THE RANGERS BE LAUGHING SO MUCH??? HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN THAT THEY ARE 11 POINTS BACK?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
psh...

YOU CANT BEAT US!!!

dun dun du du du

YOU CANT BEAT US!!!

dun dun du du du

YOU CANT BEAT US!!!

Old
02-19-2004, 10:17 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwshapi
Honestly all you need do is check their boards. They have the lowest number of posts among the Atlantic division boards. look at the game night thread for tonight's rivalry game; it's moribund over there.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:27 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
hahaha what a chant...

"YOU CANT BEAT US!"
True we can't beat you but you can't beat anyone else which is why you're still 11 points behide the Isles who you've beat 5 times. Thing is the Isles will go off and rattle of a few more wins while you guys will lose to the Devs and Mtl. putting more points between the 2.
As for the game I take nothing away from the rangers they came out and took it to the Isles from the drop of the puck and the entire game. Got production for all 4 lines whilethe isles got nothing from the top lines. only problem i had w/ the game was Puriton. That was a classless move but what else would you expect from him. He goes in and drops Cairns out of nowhere. Don't give me Cairns saw him coming crap the guy got the instigator and whatever they threw at him which all deserving. I wouldn;t have a problem if he dropped cairns in a clean fight but he jumped him then hits him while he is down. Big fighters shouldn't do that. Quick example was a few years ago when isles played the rangers at the garden and there was some fight between the teams surprise. Cairns wound up getting in a tustle w/ malhotra and threw him to the ice not punch him to the ice and all he did was hold him there until the crap was broken up. my point is carins didn't hit the guy as what would that prove. The guy is down you don't hit but then again were talkin about Dale here. Also ittle problem w/ Mr. Simon who was rather quick to drop them w/ Scathard who by the way wears a sahoulder thing but i'm not using that as an excuse as the guy is out there he has to protect himself. But i didn't see Mr. Simon another class act drop them to quickly when cairns was in front of him most the game.
Oh well gentleman till next thrusday which should be a fun one.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:28 PM
rickyrod

i'd never seen blake with any color in his horrible albino face until messier choked the **** out of him. beet red doesn't become him anymore that ghost white does.
and poti laughing at blake as he was throwing puches at him was kind of amuzing as well.
poor blake...

on the bright side, sather did right by sitting jagr out, and playing the "youth" for experience. i don't see Tyuts going back to hartford anytime soon.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I would love to know how poor Eric Cairnes gets a pass for cross checking Rucinsky in the back and then throwing two punches at him.

02-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
I would love to know how poor Eric Cairnes gets a pass for cross checking Rucinsky in the back and then throwing two punches at him.

no he doesnt, but he shouldnt do that against a player like ruckinsky to be quite honest. As for Dale this isn't the first time he has done this in his career. He hid behind the refs once Cairns got up. My favorite though is the Lion Simon when Cairns is nowhere to be found. I am sure we will see Godard come thursday.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:37 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Not to mention trying to go at Kovalev as he was being tossed.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:39 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Rucinskys a big boy like Pang said the other day while he was yapping at brashere from the bench. He (Rucinsky) has alot to say when he's on the bench. Not that Cairns would prove anything but beating him up what a few crosschecks in a rivialry.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
no he doesnt, but he shouldnt do that against a player like ruckinsky to be quite honest. As for Dale this isn't the first time he has done this in his career. He hid behind the refs once Cairns got up. My favorite though is the Lion Simon when Cairns is nowhere to be found. I am sure we will see Godard come thursday.

He "hid" behind the refs because the refs had his hands pinned back (no where does that sound familiar?)

Old
02-19-2004, 10:43 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Hide behind the refs? too bad the ref was getting in the middle of the scrap.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:47 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
He "hid" behind the refs because the refs had his hands pinned back (no where does that sound familiar?)

haha, i thought his hands were covering his ugly face, trying to turtle. It was a cheap move by Purinton either way. Secondly where was the Lion in Simon when Cairns was on the ice. He is a huge spot picker.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:51 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
haha, i thought his hands were covering his ugly face, trying to turtle.
this is what i saw, too...
but cairns needs a few punches to that ugly mug every once in a while...

anyway, im sure purinton will get his comeuppance next game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineers
Watch ESPN - funny piece on "the worst team money can buy"

3 guesses who they're talking about

and I love every second of it
thats wonderful. im sure more people would give a **** back on the flyers board.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:52 PM
303Joe

Hey hey don;t you pick on Simon now..

Quote:
haha, i thought his hands were covering his ugly face, trying to turtle. It was a cheap move by Purinton either way. Secondly where was the Lion in Simon when Cairns was on the ice. He is a huge spot picker.
he was the same classy guy that jumped Fedotenko on Tampa awhile back and got suspended for his litle tantrum. Thats show you the player he is. Like you said he carefully picks his spots he didn't do much when cairns was in his face. He's a punk just like Puriton.

Old
02-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Gert B Frobe

Simon wishes he were a hockey player- he was scared to fight Brashear last week and jumping Fedotenko was just awful. What a *******. And how much does he make?? unreal

Old
02-19-2004, 10:55 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
he was the same classy guy that jumped Fedotenko on Tampa awhile back and got suspended for his litle tantrum. Thats show you the player he is. Like you said he carefully picks his spots he didn't do much when cairns was in his face. He's a punk just like Puriton.
when cairns was in his face, there was too much time left for a fight to do anything but give the piles energy. and he drew a penalty. that instance was maybe the smartest move he had all game.

by the way, these guys are tough guys. they are payed to fight. the most class they should show is not punching a guy while he is down. none of these guys are going to win the lady byng award here.

Closed Thread