HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Thread: 19 days left

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 01:26 PM
lecherous

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Miller for Pitkanen? Who knows. Other than Nittymaki, who do the Flyers have for goaltending prospects?

I'd be down for something like Miller for Phaneuf + a mid-level prospect, but I think Phaneuf is too hyped up for his real talent. They're making him out to be the next Scott Stevens, when I personally think he'll be sort of a Colin White type. Still good, but not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

Miller + Brown to TOR for Stajan and Colaiocovo?

Edit : Now that I think about it, we don't really need a marquee defenseman like Pitkanen...I'd much rather have 2 solid 3/4 guys than 1 #1 guy. I'm confident in Zhitnik/Kalinin as a #1 pairing for the next 4 years or so, but after that it gets shaky as hell.

New proposal : Miller + Brown + mid-rounder to DET for Kronwall + Zetterberg + Fischer

Last edited by lecherous: 02-23-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old
02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
three way trade between FLA, EDM and BUF, this would only occur if FLA is still in the playoff hunt. I realize a deal between BUF and FLA is unlikely but check this out.

Miller and Brown to FLA for Joikenen(sp) and Lilja

FLA flips Miller to EDM for Jason Smith+(Maybe Rita/Green?) to fill their needs on D.

Fell free to make a counter offer. I think this deal really increases Buffalo's toughness and size. The loss of Brown hurts, but I think this def. upgrades the team overall.

Old
02-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Miller for Pitkanen? Who knows. Other than Nittymaki, who do the Flyers have for goaltending prospects?

I'd be down for something like Miller for Phaneuf + a mid-level prospect, but I think Phaneuf is too hyped up for his real talent. They're making him out to be the next Scott Stevens, when I personally think he'll be sort of a Colin White type. Still good, but not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

Miller + Brown to TOR for Stajan and Colaiocovo?

Edit : Now that I think about it, we don't really need a marquee defenseman like Pitkanen...I'd much rather have 2 solid 3/4 guys than 1 #1 guy. I'm confident in Zhitnik/Kalinin as a #1 pairing for the next 4 years or so, but after that it gets shaky as hell.

New proposal : Miller + Brown + mid-rounder to DET for Kronwall + Zetterberg + Fischer
As a Sabre fan I'm all for either deal, but realistically I don't think Toronto or Detroit would be interested. I think right now we have three quality defensmen. Kalinin, Zhitnik and Tallinder. Tallinder can be more offensive if he had a solid defensive d-man as a partner. He naturally is very offensive but has accepted a more responsible position this year with the injuries.

McKee could be that player for us if he wasn't on IR at least 30 games per season. Fisher would be ideal.

I would even take Fisher + Kronwell + pick (early to mid round) for Miller + Brown + pick (later rounds)

Move Mair back to center on the fourth line and call up Bartovic.
D looks like this:

Zhitnik/Kalinin
Tallinder/Fisher
Campbell/McKee

Every pairing has a slighlty more offensive Dman with a more defensive minded player.

Thoughts?

Old
02-23-2004, 02:18 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne99
three way trade between FLA, EDM and BUF, this would only occur if FLA is still in the playoff hunt. I realize a deal between BUF and FLA is unlikely but check this out.

Miller and Brown to FLA for Joikenen(sp) and Lilja

FLA flips Miller to EDM for Jason Smith+(Maybe Rita/Green?) to fill their needs on D.

Fell free to make a counter offer. I think this deal really increases Buffalo's toughness and size. The loss of Brown hurts, but I think this def. upgrades the team overall.
Exactly why I don't want to trade Miller. I realize that this isn't fair value but unless it preps the D for the future I think it's way too shortsighted.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:26 PM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartG101
Exactly why I don't want to trade Miller. I realize that this isn't fair value but unless it preps the D for the future I think it's way too shortsighted.
I just heard a rumor that Sykora and Carney could be leaving Anaheim... I'd love to see Buffalo make a push for these two.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Digable5

Quote:
I just heard a rumor that Sykora and Carney could be leaving Anaheim... I'd love to see Buffalo make a push for these two.
I absolutely agree, but what would we need to give up?

Old
02-24-2004, 10:01 AM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5
I absolutely agree, but what would we need to give up?
We probably wouldn't have to give up more than a 4th rounder or Campbell or something for Carney, I just have no idea what Sykora's value is. Maybe Brown + Ryan for Sykora?

Old
02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Digable5

Quote:
We probably wouldn't have to give up more than a 4th rounder or Campbell or something for Carney, I just have no idea what Sykora's value is. Maybe Brown + Ryan for Sykora?
That doesn't seem like enough. But if it was, I'm all over it.

Maybe Campbell and a 4/5 pick for Carney?

As for Sykora, I don't think they would want Brown, but maybe
Kotalik and Ryan.

I haven't seen much of Ryan, but I haven't been too impressed by what I've read and Kotalik has potential but makes too many mistakes with the puck for me. Sykora is only two years older and much more of a playmaker than Kotalik will ever be. Eventually Ales might get more goals, but right now Sykora has more goals and lots more assists.

My biggest concern here would be the amount of salary Buffalo takes on. If they can move Delmore and/or Brown that its not too bad, but without them going, it would be tough.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:42 PM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5
That doesn't seem like enough. But if it was, I'm all over it.

Maybe Campbell and a 4/5 pick for Carney?

As for Sykora, I don't think they would want Brown, but maybe
Kotalik and Ryan.

I haven't seen much of Ryan, but I haven't been too impressed by what I've read and Kotalik has potential but makes too many mistakes with the puck for me. Sykora is only two years older and much more of a playmaker than Kotalik will ever be. Eventually Ales might get more goals, but right now Sykora has more goals and lots more assists.

My biggest concern here would be the amount of salary Buffalo takes on. If they can move Delmore and/or Brown that its not too bad, but without them going, it would be tough.
Either way, we have to get a guy like Carney. If we miss on Sykora it probably wouldn't be that bad, but as I heard somewhere else (I don't remember where), "Carney is one of those guys that'll play for you with two broken legs"...we definitely need a d-man like that.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:55 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Petr Sykora is around the Satan range for scoring.I think it would cost Afinogenov+ or Tallinder+.

Old
02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Kozak72

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/

Good spot to track all of the moves before the deadline.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Takeo

If management is committed to making a run this season, they have to make a move NOW! The Habs and Isles are playing pretty good hockey, Luongo is a rock, and our upcoming schedule is brutal. We can't afford to slip much farther behind.

Closed Thread