HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

another example of our fan friendly team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2008, 09:10 AM
  #1
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
another example of our fan friendly team

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...8panthers.html


lets see how they make this one better, Yormark at his best

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 09:21 AM
  #2
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
We live in an unconventional hockey environment...how the heck did you not expect "extra" charges...It sucks but they can't do anything else. You act like they are just gready ******** who want to make you pay and pay and pay. No they are actually losing money so they need to charge a little bit more.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 09:32 AM
  #3
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
We live in an unconventional hockey environment...how the heck did you not expect "extra" charges...It sucks but they can't do anything else. You act like they are just gready ******** who want to make you pay and pay and pay. No they are actually losing money so they need to charge a little bit more.

are you kidding me? this is greed at its best, we are in a struggling market so they now force season ticket holders to essentially pay double for one pre-season game, and the best they can do is say they will give us vouchers, the same vouchers they give us anyway and that anyone can get at the local sports bar. This, much like the parking fiasco that they had to crawl backwards on a couple of years ago, is a PR blunder for this team, and I guarantee that enough season ticket holders, including myself, will make a big stink about this and force them to either refund the money or credit it to our accounts for either playoffs or future seasons. Obviously with the team we are putting out there it will be a refund or credit for a future season. The principle is what is important and you don't continue to treat your loyal fan base like this. I can't see how anyone that pays for season tickets would feel otherwise.

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 09:42 AM
  #4
hoax15
Registered User
 
hoax15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S. Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
are you kidding me? this is greed at its best, we are in a struggling market so they now force season ticket holders to essentially pay double for one pre-season game, and the best they can do is say they will give us vouchers, the same vouchers they give us anyway and that anyone can get at the local sports bar. This, much like the parking fiasco that they had to crawl backwards on a couple of years ago, is a PR blunder for this team, and I guarantee that enough season ticket holders, including myself, will make a big stink about this and force them to either refund the money or credit it to our accounts for either playoffs or future seasons. Obviously with the team we are putting out there it will be a refund or credit for a future season. The principle is what is important and you don't continue to treat your loyal fan base like this. I can't see how anyone that pays for season tickets would feel otherwise.
Parking is free now...Also how is this greed? Its completely noticeable that we have never had a solid market. If we were getting atleast 17500 people a game we wouldn't be having this problem. Yes they will be paying for one more game (about $50) but they do need that money. They know that putting this out there will make you unhappy, they know how to run a business better than most and its probobly what had to be done. I'd like to see a report of theirs that shows their profit for the year and how much they spent on salaries, stadium, etc. but I can already expect that we lost money because of the 2 new things we have to pay for.

hoax15 is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 09:44 AM
  #5
Booth10
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Is there anything he wont criticize them for?

They have the lowest tickets prices in the league and they play at the cap. And he is pissed off about spending an extra $50 bucks so that he can give a few tickets to his friends. Then he will go on to post how cheap they are.

Booth10 is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
  #6
Booth10
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
are you kidding me? this is greed at its best, we are in a struggling market so they now force season ticket holders to essentially pay double for one pre-season game, and the best they can do is say they will give us vouchers, the same vouchers they give us anyway and that anyone can get at the local sports bar. This, much like the parking fiasco that they had to crawl backwards on a couple of years ago, is a PR blunder for this team, and I guarantee that enough season ticket holders, including myself, will make a big stink about this and force them to either refund the money or credit it to our accounts for either playoffs or future seasons. Obviously with the team we are putting out there it will be a refund or credit for a future season. The principle is what is important and you don't continue to treat your loyal fan base like this. I can't see how anyone that pays for season tickets would feel otherwise.
Sure it is. Why dont you just pretend your supporting the team and helping a little.

Booth10 is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 10:29 AM
  #7
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
Sure it is. Why dont you just pretend your supporting the team and helping a little.
Why don't you tell us how you've supported the team, other than agreeing with all of their personnle moves on a FREE message board. Do you have season tickets? how many and how long? I do supoprt the team where it counts and I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO QUESTION AND CRITICIZE their moves because of it. It's not like I get to see the playoffs every year like fans in other markets do.

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 10:30 AM
  #8
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Parking is free now...Also how is this greed? Its completely noticeable that we have never had a solid market. If we were getting atleast 17500 people a game we wouldn't be having this problem. Yes they will be paying for one more game (about $50) but they do need that money. They know that putting this out there will make you unhappy, they know how to run a business better than most and its probobly what had to be done. I'd like to see a report of theirs that shows their profit for the year and how much they spent on salaries, stadium, etc. but I can already expect that we lost money because of the 2 new things we have to pay for.
Parking is not free, but if you had season tickets you would understand why.

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 12:44 PM
  #9
Danny Tanner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
not exactly good for PR but as a season ticket holder, i couldn't care less. it's not as if i haven't taken advantage of the free tickets they have had in prior seasons (worth may more than $50)

if you've taken advantage of the free tickets and are still complaining about this....you have no dignity.

Danny Tanner* is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 01:02 PM
  #10
HockeySS19
Registered User
 
HockeySS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
For the last two years I go in and don't even need my parking pass anymore. You just lost credibility in my book...again.
Parking is included in the price of the ticket now (well, for the past year or two).

HockeySS19 is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 01:54 PM
  #11
RCGP
Go Panthers
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
The Lacrosse team here does stuff like that alot. They'll reduce prices or for one game they made all tickets free so the STH got annoyed. You just get bonus tickets isntead of money back.

Parking here is 10 bucks a game with sometimes a good 5 win walk, I don't even want to know what the STH parking costs.

RCGP is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 03:16 PM
  #12
39ontheline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
What a joke. The circus continues. Im glad they dont get my money anymore. Morons.

39ontheline is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 03:34 PM
  #13
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Why don't you tell us how you've supported the team, other than agreeing with all of their personnle moves on a FREE message board. Do you have season tickets? how many and how long? I do supoprt the team where it counts and I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO QUESTION AND CRITICIZE their moves because of it. It's not like I get to see the playoffs every year like fans in other markets do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Tanner View Post
not exactly good for PR but as a season ticket holder, i couldn't care less. it's not as if i haven't taken advantage of the free tickets they have had in prior seasons (worth may more than $50)

if you've taken advantage of the free tickets and are still complaining about this....you have no dignity.
I was a sth for years, but I also took advantage of free tickets for friends and such. What is you answer to this? Also, as RCGP said, I've heard of other teams doing the same. How much woul dit cost to send out the refund, print up the checks, etc.? They decided to try and give extra tickets instead.

Man, anything to dump on this team.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is online now  
Old
07-19-2008, 03:34 PM
  #14
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 14,199
vCash: 117
ZOMG! The team is stealing our moneys!! CALL THE BBB!!!

They're giving free tickets to compensate. I'm sure because of some of the logistics, this is the easiest and best way to solve the problem.

StrangeVision is online now  
Old
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
  #15
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
What a joke. The circus continues. Im glad they dont get my money anymore. Morons.
Yeah, no other team in the world does this.

Laus723 is online now  
Old
07-19-2008, 04:12 PM
  #16
Panthers_Fan
Registered User
 
Panthers_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, no other team in the world does this.
Just because other teams do it doesn't make it right. Not a classy move at all. The tickets they are giving probably aren't even close to the value of the seat the STH is paying for.


Last edited by Panthers_Fan: 07-19-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Panthers_Fan is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 04:22 PM
  #17
Danny Tanner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
Just because other teams do it doesn't make it right. Not a classy move at all. The tickets they are giving probably aren't even close to the value of the 50 bucks.
actually, the article says bonus "tickets" - plural - meaning the tickets are probably worth more than the 50 bucks.

people always need something to whine about though.

Danny Tanner* is offline  
Old
07-19-2008, 04:32 PM
  #18
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
Just because other teams do it doesn't make it right. Not a classy move at all. The tickets they are giving probably aren't even close to the value of the seat the STH is paying for.
It does say tickets and they'd probably spend a lot more than they'd be giving back. See Tanner's post, it says tickets.

Laus723 is online now  
Old
07-19-2008, 09:23 PM
  #19
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,330
vCash: 500
I am willing to bet that they didn't do this intentionally. I think they were probably going to get 2 exhibition games and when the schedule got released it was only one. Since they already charged the STH for 2 they probably thought they could fix the problem by giving away free tickets. I think some of you are making a big deal out of nothing. I think maybe you would have had a point if they didn't offer the free tickets and not try to fix the problem.

Beezer is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 02:25 AM
  #20
39ontheline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I am willing to bet that they didn't do this intentionally. I think they were probably going to get 2 exhibition games and when the schedule got released it was only one. Since they already charged the STH for 2 they probably thought they could fix the problem by giving away free tickets. I think some of you are making a big deal out of nothing. I think maybe you would have had a point if they didn't offer the free tickets and not try to fix the problem.
If someone pays for something they didnt receive and then they want their money back it's the teams job to give them their money back. How hard is this to understand?

39ontheline is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 07:09 AM
  #21
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,395
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a STH, but if I were, I would like the choice of cash back.

The STH that commits to a full season package should be treated better. I understand it's a logistical nightmare to refund the money back, but the error was committed by the organization, not the fanbase. Why put the fanbase at the disadvantage?

Call me old-fashioned, but I've always felt the best business practice is to approach a deal from the customer's perspective, within reason of course. And I firmly believe that is it reasonable in this situation that a monetary refund should be one of their choices.

If the organization wants to lessen the demand for cash refunds, then they should offer alternative compensation (in the form of free tickets/food vouchers) that amply exceeds the $50 face value of the preseason ticket.

Like the saying goes..."Poor planning on your part shouldn't constitute an emergency on mine."

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 08:34 AM
  #22
Thunderheart
Registered User
 
Thunderheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
This is my 3rd season with the 13-game STH package in the Club level. Before that I was a long time Full Season STH in Section 424 at the Atlantic Center and before that at Miami Arenea. To make going to a Panthers game more of an "event" (instead of a 43 time a year chore), my wife and I went to the 13 game package because of all the give-aways and free tickets that de-valued being a STH. I still attend almost 30 games a year but the with all the freebies & $7 dollar a seat special deals for STH I'm lowering my price/ticket of my 13 game Club STH package...
Thunderheart

Thunderheart is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 09:27 AM
  #23
Slick Cat
Registered User
 
Slick Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a STH, but if I were, I would like the choice of cash back.

The STH that commits to a full season package should be treated better. I understand it's a logistical nightmare to refund the money back, but the error was committed by the organization, not the fanbase. Why put the fanbase at the disadvantage?

Call me old-fashioned, but I've always felt the best business practice is to approach a deal from the customer's perspective, within reason of course. And I firmly believe that is it reasonable in this situation that a monetary refund should be one of their choices.

If the organization wants to lessen the demand for cash refunds, then they should offer alternative compensation (in the form of free tickets/food vouchers) that amply exceeds the $50 face value of the preseason ticket.

Like the saying goes..."Poor planning on your part shouldn't constitute an emergency on mine."

This objective opinion (and from a nonSTH) makes a lot of sense but It's easy for others who have little or no financial commitment to the team to trash those who do. Ticket vouchers have little value. They are restricted sot hat you can't even use them for any of the good games, and the games you can use them for are the ones that have so many seats available you can get ticekts for free through other vouchers, or for a fifth of the price outside, and you can't even give them away. How is this value? As you stated this is an example of the team letting the fans take hit for their mistake. I wold be a lot more impressed if they came out and said that these vouchers can be used for any game, because of the mixup, but they won't becasue they want to maximize their premium game fees for those.

Slick Cat is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 09:50 AM
  #24
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Parking is free now...Also how is this greed?
I got season tickets for the first time when I was 17, but only a half season because.. well, I was 17 and it was expensive, even with only getting the $17 seats. There was an extra couple hundred bucks tacked on when I paid in July or whenever to cover my parking and all that, then come October on the drive to the arena there's this billboard: "Tickets as low as $17! PARKING INCLUDED!" and it was like.. well damn. It was free then, too.

Now, I wouldn't say this is greed, but they're taking advantage of the STHs because it's the only group that they're guaranteed money from short of ads. When I renewed mine this summer with a new rep, the guy said I never should've been able to buy them a couple years ago because of my age. Anything to make the extra money, they're going to do it.

I'm willing to bet it wasn't accidental. When you lose money, you need to make it up and cover your ass somehow. How many times does something happen and you want to complain to the person responsible, but rather than make yourself look like a dick, you say, "My mom/dad told me to tell you the food was just ****ing awful." Probably the same thing. I doubt they planned this from the end of last season, but when the opportunity came about, it likely wasn't a hard decision to not push for the second paid-for home game just to wash away that income with arena maintenance, vendors and whatnot.

timetraveler023 is offline  
Old
07-20-2008, 11:13 AM
  #25
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
If someone pays for something they didnt receive and then they want their money back it's the teams job to give them their money back. How hard is this to understand?
It's not like they aren't receiving anything for it. The team is giving them free tickets!!! I can understand your argument if they were just leaving it at that and not giving them the free tickets. And you can't argue they aren't getting what they paid for because I'm sure the free tickets are for hockey games. What are season tickets for, hockey games right?

Beezer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.