HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Official MMA Thread: Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2008, 09:39 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

vCash: 500
To add my Shogun-Machda thoughts... I wonder how long Thiago is going to be out for?

If they are going to move Machida two months I think it would be better to just move that fight to December. I think Shogun needs an easier opponent after 15 months off. There has been talk about a Coleman rematch. I'd rather see Machida-T. Silva stay in place, and have Shogun fight Coleman, or someone that won't be as huge as a challenge.

Old
09-09-2008, 09:57 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Even if Shogun were healthy, Machida would be a tough matchup... Shogun's striking is fairly wild and Machida is the kind of guy who'll pick apart technical holes like that. Wanderlei would have a tough time with him for the same reason, in my opinion anyways. (And for that matter, Thiago Silva would have been outstruck badly as well).

Ideally I would have liked to see them just do some rearranging on that card and have Jardine fight Machida (find another opponent for Vera), but maybe they're reluctant to break up a fight that's signed already.

Old
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
BigE

Figured it was my turn to start an "Official MMA Thread."

Part 7

Old
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

I think a healthy Shogun is a dangerous match up for any 205er. He lost to Griffin and most people think he's done. He's only 26 years old.

Old
09-09-2008, 11:07 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shogun_ View Post
I think a healthy Shogun is a dangerous match up for any 205er. He lost to Griffin and most people think he's done. He's only 26 years old.
A healthy Shogun is easily one of the best 205'ers around, but Machida would be at tough first fight back, for anyone, after 15 months.

Old
09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
A healthy Shogun is easily one of the best 205'ers around, but Machida would be at tough first fight back, for anyone, after 15 months.
I couldn't agree more. Shogun is in for a real tough fight. I would like Shogun to be eased in after that very long layoff. Giving him Machida is asking for too much IMO. That, plus he isn't used to the cage yet.

I think the UFC had it spot on when they matched up Thiago vs Machida. Can't they just wait? How long will Thiago be sidelined? If not healthy, get Bonnar to face Rua, and give Chuck to Machida. Chuck is probably just dying to come back, right? Why are Gouveia and Reljic fighting at 185 again? They would've made good opponents for these guys.

Closed Thread