The return of the prediction thread - Game #1, at Detroit, 9 Oct.
Now that we have survived the long, brutal Canadian summer it is time for us to celebrate by partaking in the Great Prediction Contest. I will post a prediction thread at least two days before every game and will post the result and a leaderboard the day after every game. As this is an even-numbered year (#4) of all this excitement I will open up the possibility of winning to someone other than me.
1. Post the team which will win and by what score. Write anything else you like so long as you make clear those two variables. If you pick the correct team you will receive one point. If you pick the correct score but the wrong team you will receive two points. If you pick both the correct score and the correct winning team you will receive four points.
2. Despite opposition, I would like to add one point for the name of Maple Leaf who scores the team's first goal of the game. I think it would add some fun. I propose doing this on a trial basis, say the first 10 games. If by that time there is general consensus that it adds nothing except complications then it will be dropped (although, in fairness, points already earned in this category should remain). The Joepeps!! rule: If you expect a shutout, pick the opponent player who scores first. But if a Leaf does score, that pick will not be counted.
3. Picks must be made and posted by puck drop on game day.
4. Picks must be made in the prediction thread -- if you post them anywhere else, including the game day thread, they will not count.
5. No if...then picks (Detroit 9-2 if Joseph, 4-2 if Toskala, or Kulemin gets goal if he plays, otherwise Kaberle).
If you believe an error has been made by the Proprietor, As Unlikely Is That Is, PM me and I will look into it and show you the error of your ways.
Good luck to all of you and may the luckiest poster win.