HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sundin

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
Alright Montreal, you guys were 1st in the league in goals and 1st in the Eastern conference so I guess you guys can win at will.

Thats fine since Mats Sundin's agent just stated that Mats Sundin does not want be a passenger on a team where they are capable of winning without him but be an impact player and the main piece to a roster. He turned down Detroit because Sundin told them they don't need him to win(according to his agent).
Funny post, considering I've read at least 100 posts from Canucks fans saying stuff like the Habs aren't a contender, one year of success doesn't mean substained success, most of the roster had career seasons, we were healthy and what not...so now that Sundin's agent says that, all of a sudden you play that ''you guys are good anyway'' angle...

Old
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Your proof lies more on fact. Fact is most knowledgeable fans will agree that the Habs chances making the playoffs is 99% while the Nucks chances are ,well lets just say i have them at the same chance of missing the playoffs as them making the playoffs.50/50.I'm not a bad Hab fan for saying this . I'm just stating an opinion in which i truly believe.
And you can believe what you want. But that is not proof of anything. Just another Montreal fan that thinks he knows everything about Vancouver.

So you are saying Vancouver with Sundin is 50/50 for the playoffs?

Mind numbing ignorance....

Nice to see you have such strong evidence. I clearly see where you came to the 99% and 50/50. What formula are you using? Some advanced Alien math? Crystal ball? Ouiji board? Hotline to Mz.Cleo?

Old
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
sergejean

IMO, Vancouver has a decent team that could make it to the playoffs and then who knows... However, the key is: make the playoffs.

I don't thing there's a lot to argue that the Western Conference is thougher than the Eastern.

The way I see it, Montreal is pretty much guaranteed to make it to the "real" season, while the Nucks can only hope to make it past the regular season...

Adding Sundin in Vancouver could really make a difference and make them a legitimate top 8 in the conference.

Adding Sundin in Montreal, would be icing on the cake and push them as favorite for the number 1 spot in the conference and legitimate Stanley Cup contenders.

My two cents...

Old
07-22-2008, 09:04 PM
shaolinson
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Funny post, considering I've read at least 100 posts from Canucks fans saying stuff like the Habs aren't a contender, one year of success doesn't mean substained success, most of the roster had career seasons, we were healthy and what not...so now that Sundin's agent says that, all of a sudden you play that ''you guys are good anyway'' angle...
you read at least 100 posts like that?

are you sure?

Old
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
I forgot to add the in my post.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:05 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post
Yup. Both teams have their bad fans.

My proof is simple. Find me a Canuck fan who says Monteal has no chance of making the playoffs. Show me 1 Vancouver fan that feels Montreal is a lottery team.

I dont need to show you any proof. Because the proof is right here in this thread (and the others before it).

So I will search for Habs fans that say Vancouver sucks and will miss the playoffs. You search for the Canuck fans that say Montreal will miss the playoffs.
the truth of the matter is the canucks have a higher chance of not making the playoffs than montreal right now. its a reality live with it. we'll talk again a year from now and see what happens. dont bother replying again though my ignore list will be happy to include you...your as ignorant when you lump us together like this as the ones you criticise. its a great way to make friends i tell you...

Old
07-22-2008, 09:06 PM
BLONG7

This has gotten beyond soap opera status...Nucks fans vs Habs fans...arguments can made for each side, as we have seen in previous posts...Both sets of fans can make good points for Sundin's choosing their team, and in the end he will make what he thinks is the right choice for himself. Either way, Habs or Nucks, beats the Rags or Leafs! Relax guys, the fans are more stressed than Sundin himself!

Old
07-22-2008, 09:07 PM
shaolinson
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
the truth of the matter is the canucks have a higher chance of not making the playoffs than montreal right now. its a reality live with it. we'll talk again a year from now and see what happens. dont bother replying again though my ignore list will be happy to include you...your as ignorant when you lump us together like this as the ones you criticise. its a great way to make friends i tell you...
Terrible response.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:08 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post
Wrong.

He will look at THIS years roster. Not last years. He will look at Goaltending, defensive depth and what his position on the team would be. He will also like to know his potential linemates. Demitra is not chopped liver. Nor is 33 over the hill. You have obviously never seen Raymond play either.

Same crap... different pile... Yet another Montreal fan that knows NOTHING about Vancouver. Just admit you are usually in bed when the Canucks play and really know little to nothing about the team. Other than what you read here or follow in the stats section of the local newsrag.

Last year means NOTHING unless you went to the SCF. But Montreal didnt. They didnt even make it out of the 2nd round. Montreal has no advantage over Vancouver in this regard. Despite what you think.

I never said every team is a SC contender. But thank you for reinforcing what I said earlier. Making "facts" up and hoping it passes as truth.
Guys i know that if the shoe was on the other foot I would do all I can to defend my team, and I have but face it I lived in Vancouver for 8months last year and went to many games with the company I was working for. Sure the Sedin's are great hockey players, and yes Luongo is the best goalie in the league but beyond that the Canucks are hurtin there style of play was much ala Devils except no where as nearly refined defensively it was pretty boring hockey and thank god Luongo was between the pipes.

Answer this question fella's, who will have the better season between Vancouver and Montreal without Sundin?

To discredit what Naslund and Morrison brought to your team and think Demitra is an upgrade is insulting to any true hockey fan.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:09 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnychiba View Post
Terrible response.
thank you....a terrible response to a terrible comment...thats as much as it deserved... actually it probably did not even deserve a response

Old
07-22-2008, 09:12 PM
shaolinson
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
Guys i know that if the shoe was on the other foot I would do all I can to defend my team, and I have but face it I lived in Vancouver for 8months last year and went to many games with the company I was working for. Sure the Sedin's are great hockey players, and yes Luongo is the best goalie in the league but beyond that the Canucks are hurtin there style of play was much ala Devils except no where as nearly refined defensively it was pretty boring hockey and thank god Luongo was between the pipes.

Answer this question fella's, who will have the better season between Vancouver and Montreal without Sundin?

To discredit what Naslund and Morrison brought to your team and think Demitra is an upgrade is insulting to any true hockey fan.
If you were an actual Vancouver fan and watched every single game Naslund ever played for the past few years, you would understand. Naslund brought a lot to the team and we loved him, and then dragged the team down for years. Demitra is an upgrade.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
sergejean

Quote:
If you were an actual Vancouver fan and watched every single game Naslund ever played for the past few years, you would understand. Naslund brought a lot to the team and we loved him, and then dragged the team down for years. Demitra is an upgrade.

I haven't watch the Canucks a lot in the past 2-3 years but I was under the impression Naslund was on the decline... Glad to hear it now that he signed with the Blue Shirts...

Old
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:

To judge the Canucks based on last years style of play and performance is an insult to logical hockey fans.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
the vast majority of Canuck posts can be summarized as "Mtl is a good team, just not a true cup contender"

the vast majority of Mtl posts can be summarized as "Canucks are bottom-feeders."

I think if you've read these threads, it's simply disingenuous to claim otherwise.

and to the predictible smug response of "can't argue the facts", I'd reiterate the fact that the Canucks are one season removed from 105 pts, and have averaged 98 in the past 5, while the Habs just had their first 100+ pt season in a decade and a half annd have averaged 92 in the weaker East.

That said, I'd reiterate my opinion that the Habs are the better team currently, but that with Sundin, thee Canucks move ahead.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:22 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Demitra isn't an upgrade on Naslund.

Naslund's not getting enough credit for what he did do... yea it was definitely time for him to leave and he was no where near the player he was a few years ago, but Naslund was still a decent contributor on the ice, and if you're expecting anything more from Demitra, you'll be disappointed.

IMO switching the two is basically a wash... both players needed a change, and I'm sure the change overall will be good for the canucks, just because Naslund needed to go... but as far as production goes, I don't expect anymore from Demitra than Naslund was already providing last couple of years.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
the vast majority of Canuck posts can be summarized as "Mtl is a good team, just not a true cup contender"

the vast majority of Mtl posts can be summarized as "Canucks are bottom-feeders."

I think if you've read these threads, it's simply disingenuous to claim otherwise.

and to the predictible smug response of "can't argue the facts", I'd reiterate the fact that the Canucks are one season removed from 105 pts, and have averaged 98 in the past 5, while the Habs just had their first 100+ pt season in a decade and a half annd have averaged 92 in the weaker East.

That said, I'd reiterate my opinion that the Habs are the better team currently, but that with Sundin, thee Canucks move ahead.
Nope , the vast majority of Nucks posts can be summarized as "Canucks are just as good as Montreal'' , ''Montreal is not build for playoff'', ''Montreal won't repeat what they done last year'', ''Price choked in the playoff'' '' Bla Bla Bla''.

You guys post are often so hypocrite, stop portraying yourself as a martyr. I saw at least as much ****ing against the Habs than against the Nucks.

Those threads won't die because there is always a troll to poke a other. You guys are acting like Sundin was Vancouver property since 2 weeks, since HFF post.

Give me a break

Old
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
I totally agree. But that does not make Sundin signing in Vancouver only about the money. Nor does it imply that Vancouver sucks/wont make playoffs/lottery team which is the jist of most the Montreal fans. That is my frustration. The fact that Montreal fans cannot wrap their collective hat racks around the possibility that Vancouver is actually a good team that had a terrible year.

Oh noes you gonna put me on ignore!

Grow some thicker skin. Are you incapable of debate? You looking for those Canuck fans that said Montreal sucks in this thread? You know...Like the proof I showed you?

Or you just gonna run and hide behind the ignore feature?

When did I lump everyone into 1 pile? If I am speaking of clueless disrespectful Habs fans then those are the ones I am talking about. The smart fans would have known better than to say things "

personally I think Toronto has more of a shot then Van does, they just aren't a strong enough team to merit him signing there, they don't have the proven chemistry MTL does, they just signed Demitra and expect him to play well with their current roster which sucked to begin with.

Honestly. Do you think Vancouver will at least be better than Toronto?

You all get lumped together because collectively you keep making outlandish claims about the Canucks.

I would love to continue this battle of wit but I cannot continue to fight an unarmed man.

PS - I am not here to make friends. Although if you were not so defensive you would find I am actually a pretty unbiased observer. Other than that ya.... I am an azzhole. No arguement there.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:27 PM
shaolinson
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
Demitra isn't an upgrade on Naslund.

Naslund's not getting enough credit for what he did do... yea it was definitely time for him to leave and he was no where near the player he was a few years ago, but Naslund was still a decent contributor on the ice, and if you're expecting anything more from Demitra, you'll be disappointed.

IMO switching the two is basically a wash... both players needed a change, and I'm sure the change overall will be good for the canucks, just because Naslund needed to go... but as far as production goes, I don't expect anymore from Demitra than Naslund was already providing last couple of years.
When we say 'upgrade' we are stating who is better for the Canucks. Not necessarily point totals. Personality, baggage, influence, change.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Nope , the vast majority of Nucks posts can be summarized as "Canucks are just as good as Montreal'' , ''Montreal is not build for playoff'', ''Montreal won't repeat what they done last year'', ''Price choked in the playoff'' '' Bla Bla Bla''.

You guys post are often so hypocrite, stop portraying yourself as a martyr. I saw at least as much ****ing against the Habs than against the Nucks.

Those threads won't die because there is always a troll to poke a other. You guys are acting like Sundin was Vancouver property since 2 weeks, since HFF post.

Give me a break

you're prob right that the trolls are aggrevating the situation
but i stand by what i wrote

Old
07-22-2008, 09:32 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
To judge the Canucks based on last years style of play and performance is an insult to logical hockey fans.
a coach changing his style over the summer aint happening buddy, remember we had Vigneault in Montreal so we all understand is philosophy. And by the way a logical hockey fan doesn't make him knowledgeable, I was just stating what I saw, if you dont agree fine, Im 25 and played hockey my whole life and now just started coaching pee wee so take my opinion for what its worth.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Quote:
When we say 'upgrade' we are stating who is better for the Canucks. Not necessarily point totals. Personality, baggage, influence, change.
I don't know why people cannot seem to grasp this. But that is what happens when people look only at stats to form opinions.

Naslund would go thru huge scoreless droughts. He played with no emotion and almost made me feel suicidal during his interviews. Most his points came in bunches playing with the Sedin's. He created almost zero offense on his own.

Demitra may not be > than Naslund. But I doubt very very much that he would be as negative an influence.

People still see the WCE Naslund. Little do they know Vancouver fans been looking for the WCE Naslund for 3 years now.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:

Give me a break
Yes. People do say that. IF WE GOT SUNDIN.

No one is saying otherwise.

The "montreal won't repeat last year" is just a defensive response to those Montreal fans who cast Vancouver as a bottom 5 team in the league. It is easy to point out that one year of success (almost identical...) can quickly go down the drain. Therefore, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
thecupismine

Quote:
a coach changing his style over the summer aint happening buddy, remember we had Vigneault in Montreal so we all understand is philosophy. And by the way a logical hockey fan doesn't make him knowledgeable, I was just stating what I saw, if you dont agree fine, Im 25 and played hockey my whole life and now just started coaching pee wee so take my opinion for what its worth.
If you did in fact watch him in Montreal, you would realize how his team was 4th (around there I believe) in scoring in his first year there. Then they had a ton of injuries so he switched his style to a more defensive one in order to keep the team alive.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
wahoyaho

Quote:

Give me a break

Nope these threads won't die because there's always someone dumb enough to feed the troll.

Old
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Rover*

Quote:

Give me a break
Nope the vast majority of posts are habs fans saying the canucks suck, they're in the tavares sweepstakes, if sundin chooses them he doesn't care about winning.

Closed Thread