HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Things You Don't Understand

Old
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I don't understand how eating broccoli makes my farts smell like broccoli.

I mean, I get how it breaks down in my digestive system, but why don't my steak farts smell like A1?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
-How Clinton can get impeached for perjery regarding having his knob slobbed, and Bush doesn't for reasons I need not state.
-Black Licorice. It's not good.
-Extremism of any sort
-The War on Drugs
-Calculus
-Michael Jackson
-William Faulkner
-Masao

Last edited by Biscuit Bullet: 07-21-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'll tell you what I don't understand:

-Why would a man take his ex-wife to court because she took their kids to Georgia?
Might have something to do with a couple of PTAs wanting their children to learn about "intelligent design" in science class. Sounds like a sound reason to not want your kids here (I'm a former GA HS student). I'm not hating on religion here, but God gets Sunday School and Darwin gets Science class.

I don't understand the full on hate for sunbelt teams. I can understand people's frustration/anger with losing their team in Winnipeg, Hartford, ect, but why wish that same anguish on another fan?

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Bullet View Post
How Clinton can get impeached for perjery regarding having his knob slobbed, and Bush doesn't for reasons I need not state.
Because Congress approved Bush's actions.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'll tell you what I don't understand:

-Why do people deliberately type/write "teh" instead of "the"?
-Why is it that all the "People You May Know" on Facebook are people you don't know and have possibly never heard of in your entire life?
-Why can I never find a car with working air conditioning?
-Why would a man take his ex-wife to court because she took their kids to Georgia?
-If Koules and Barrie have screwed the pooch, who was holding the legs?
-Why would you start marketing a movie eight months before its release (Watchmen)?
-Why do over half of modern "rock" (and I use the term loosely) bands sound identical?
-Why on Earth did McKinley publicly promise not to annex Cuba?
-Why has nobody my age (18) seen Casablanca?
-Why are all the hot girls I meet complete lunatics?
-How the hell does Greg De Vries get ice time over Kevin Klein and Ville Koistinen?
Because many of your friends are friends with them and since Facebook is a popularity thing, it believes you have forgotten them and might as well add them as your friend.

It would be funny to see someone with like 1000 friends.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Raoul Duke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Someone either peed in your cereal or dumped a 2-6 of vodka in it. You're crazy man and not always in a good way.

I've got your back man. Vancouver fan and all.
Rigger, buddy what happened? I disagreed with one of your lineups again? Sorry my man, it shouldn't be punishable enough to have the back of a Vancouver fan. That's crazy.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

Quote:
-How Clinton can get impeached for perjery regarding having his knob slobbed, and Bush doesn't for reasons I need not state.
-Black Licorice. It's not good.
-Extremism of any sort
-The War on Drugs
-Calculus
-Michael Jackson
-William Faulkner
-Masao
It's the only true licorice, it actually contains licorice, the red stuff has no licorice in it at all, shouldn't even be called licorice.

Last edited by Twindad*: 07-21-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Twindad*
Father of Twins

I donít understand why guys wear briefs

The sale of Anheuser Busch

Masaoís stories

The previous posters avatar

Nosy health food store people

Why anyone would want to go to Chicken Alaska.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Because Congress approved Bush's actions.
I was referring to lying to the entire American public.

a ******* vs. a war....hmmm....

Not worth getting into.

Old
07-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
I was referring to lying to the entire American public.

a ******* vs. a war....hmmm....

Not worth getting into.

Build the case. That's what I'm saying. If anyone on the D side had any solid "proof", he would be gone.

Old
07-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Chileiceman

I don't understand why people do things just to gain acceptance from others. If they don't like you as you are **** them.

I don't understand why we make fun of others. Yes I am guilty of this myself, but it's something that I don't know why I would do.

I don't understand my occasional uncontrollable urge to jerk off.

I don't understand why people like Fergie and singers of that style.

I don't understand why some Americans think they are so special.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Biscuit Bullet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3135932.stm

This isn't a partisan issue. The Bush administration had something to prove, not the "D" side.

They didn't find any WMDs. Now, I'll be the first to admit that doesn't mean there weren't any there. But to tell the American public that the presence of WMDs is a reason to go to war, and then admit that none were found, well, that's a lie.

It's pretty cut and dry.

Old
07-21-2008, 02:58 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-girl View Post

what's funny is, in the post I claim to not understand why but then proceed to explain why

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 02:59 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
Yeesh. Calm down. It bothers the **** out of me when people write in broken English. Run-on sentences, everything misspelled, etc.

Not because I need to feel better about myself, but because it bothers me. It's nice that you don't care about grammar (which is sort of contradictory considering that you have made complete sentences), but some of us do. Especially if I read an article, I expect it to be checked all the way, of course a mistake or two always slips to press but that's at a maximum.

On HFboards it's generally passable, but some of the other message boards I go to it gets to be a freaking nightmare. I do it because it bothers me, I'm a grammar nazi. I don't usually point it out because it isn't bad enough to point out. I don't honestly understand what is wrong with speaking your mind in a grammatically clear way, otherwise you DO look like an idiot.
Just because I know how to write doesn't mean I care about how others do, as long as what they write is understandable who cares about a run-on or two, a few misspelled words etc, that's all I'm trying to say. Some nazi members seem to jump on every single typo on here.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindad View Post
I donít understand why guys wear briefs
Because I don't like my participle dangling when I'm at work.

dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3135932.stm

This isn't a partisan issue. The Bush administration had something to prove, not the "D" side.

They didn't find any WMDs. Now, I'll be the first to admit that doesn't mean there weren't any there. But to tell the American public that the presence of WMDs is a reason to go to war, and then admit that none were found, well, that's a lie.

It's pretty cut and dry.
Okay. You're right we better cut this off now before this get's moved to the politics board.

Old
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Build the case. That's what I'm saying. If anyone on the D side had any solid "proof", he would be gone.
And therein lies the rub. You can't prove the war was started for personal gain, but you can most definitely bring to light a conflict of interest (No-bid contracts to Haliburton, Carlyle Group, ect). Is that good enough to boot someone out of office, no. You could use the torture in Abu Graib or the general misdirection of the American people when leading us to war, but there is no proof of LEGAL wrongdoing. The kicker when talking about impeaching Bush is that, technically, no law has been broken (that can be proven). Most everything objectionable or "wrong" was done by way of an executive order. All of his and his administration's testimony about 9/11, the war, ect. was not done under oath and was not recorded/is sealed, citing executive privileged, so perjury can't be claimed. Which, to go back to the origin of this topic, was the reason behind Clinton's impeachment proceedings. It wasn't that he got head, it was that he lied about said head while under oath (assuming, of course, that you consider head to be sexual relations).

While that may be true, the real reason there has been no impeachment of W is because there is no bat!@#$ insane left-wing tv/radio personality calling for it and his/her mass of listeners echoing the call. Which brings me to something I don't understand:

Mob mentality. Why do people's moral grounds fall away when they are insulated from consequence? Are morals simply false creations of society or do people really willingly give up their abilities to judge right from wrong?

Old
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Just because I know how to write doesn't mean I care about how others do, as long as what they write is understandable who cares about a run-on or two, a few misspelled words etc, that's all I'm trying to say. Some nazi members seem to jump on every single typo on here.
Hey, you know about my grammatically anal tendencies.

Deal with it!!!!

07-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I don't understand why people do things just to gain acceptance from others. If they don't like you as you are **** them.

I don't understand why we make fun of others. Yes I am guilty of this myself, but it's something that I don't know why I would do.

I don't understand my occasional uncontrollable urge to jerk off.

I don't understand why people like Fergie and singers of that style.

I don't understand why some Americans think they are so special.

1. Because people are insecure and require "events" to help them bond with each other. I would assume this has something to do with the evolution of our society.
Back in the old tribal days, you didnt go and mix and mingle without a damn good reason...

2. As much as we think we are NOT, we are all insecure in someway or another. Insulting someone else is a method of self grandisement.. We feel better about ourselves at the expense of others.

3. You are a sexual tyrannasaurus and do not get enough lovin. You think you do, but you do not. Do it more often, and with more variety of people - OH and sometimes, you just want to do it yourself because you are probably better at it than you give yourself credit for.

4. Somepeople think she is talented.. I for one do not enjoy that music - but I listen to Gwar, so what the hell do I know.

5. Because they are special, just like you and me.. special. I do not know if they try hard to impress people just to get an in with them..then insult them..then touch the tallywacker thinking about them, listening to Fergie, just to feel special.. but it is plausible.

My question is not nearly as fun..

How do I kill magpies in my yard without getting caught?

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Biscuit Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
And therein lies the rub. You can't prove the war was started for personal gain, but you can most definitely bring to light a conflict of interest (No-bid contracts to Haliburton, Carlyle Group, ect). Is that good enough to boot someone out of office, no. You could use the torture in Abu Graib or the general misdirection of the American people when leading us to war, but there is no proof of LEGAL wrongdoing. The kicker when talking about impeaching Bush is that, technically, no law has been broken (that can be proven). Most everything objectionable or "wrong" was done by way of an executive order. All of his and his administration's testimony about 9/11, the war, ect. was not done under oath and was not recorded/is sealed, citing executive privileged, so perjury can't be claimed. Which, to go back to the origin of this topic, was the reason behind Clinton's impeachment proceedings. It wasn't that he got head, it was that he lied about said head while under oath (assuming, of course, that you consider head to be sexual relations).

While that may be true, the real reason there has been no impeachment of W is because there is no bat!@#$ insane left-wing tv/radio personality calling for it and his/her mass of listeners echoing the call. Which brings me to something I don't understand:

Mob mentality. Why do people's moral grounds fall away when they are insulated from consequence? Are morals simply false creations of society or do people really willingly give up their abilities to judge right from wrong?
Kucinich is the closest thing...

Old
07-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
I think that breaks down to the ol' "do good and evil exist"?

Old
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Kucinich is the closest thing...
I love the man, but how many people think of him as a bastion of truth the way people look at (and I shudder as I write these names) Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh? Also, hate to say this, Kucinich isn't exactly the most charismatic fella on the planet.

Old
07-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Gobias Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Because many of your friends are friends with them and since Facebook is a popularity thing, it believes you have forgotten them and might as well add them as your friend.

It would be funny to see someone with like 1000 friends.
I have at least 10 friends with over 1000 friends...

Hell, I've got one with 1935...

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
I love the man, but how many people think of him as a bastion of truth the way people look at (and I shudder as I write these names) Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh? Also, hate to say this, Kucinich isn't exactly the most charismatic fella on the planet.
A little of the ol' Socratic method for you.

"How do you know that truth can actually exist in the White House?"

Old
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
I think that breaks down to the ol' "do good and evil exist"?
Not necessarily, though I could see what you mean. Its more a measure of one's personal moral code. What I mean is (an admitted oversimplification of the idea):

I wouldn't normally throw a brick through a storefront because they wouldn't take my return, its causes property damage and could potentially harm a patron. Then, say a few days later, I see a group of people throwing bricks at said store and I join in. Now, what I considered wrong when it was just myself is now perfectly acceptable because their are other people doing it. Why? Is it because I'm insulated from consequence and (probably) won't be arrested or did I just not want to call attention to myself before and didn't really consider it a wrongful action.