HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Getting a T-shirt alarm off (Note: I bought it, not stole it)

Old
07-21-2008, 06:25 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Getting a T-shirt alarm off (Note: I bought it, not stole it)

Ok so here's the deal.

Normally I'm a Phillies fan, but recently I've been looking for an AL team too and I picked the Orioles. My girlfriend is in Baltimore now for school, and not far from Camden Yards, so I went to a few games and really liked them, so they're now my AL team. That, and they have Flyers colors, heh.

My point, I went to Baltimore (4 hours away) and bought a Nick Markakis Orioles T-shirt at City Sports in Baltimore. I just got home last night, and realized I managed to walk out with a T-shirt alarm still on, apparently I never set off the alarm walking out. That being said, I have to get it off. Should I hammer it off or are there any stores any of you use it, and see if they could take it off. I'm thinking Kohls...

It looks like this.

http://www.securitytagstore.com/prod...d_Security_Tag

Thanks in advance for the input.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 06:30 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
I did that once and had to bring the reciept and item back to get the alarm piece off.

If you saved the reciept, I would go down to a local store(Preferably one run by the same comapny if possible) and get them to take it off.If you didn't save the reciept get someone really trustworthy looking to do it. Maybe phone ahead. I'm sure its completly feasible that for some reason the alarm wasn't working.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 06:34 AM
BrentZ10

Make sure its not one of the ones that have ink if you are going to try and take it off yourself. Unfourtanetly, I know a lot of stores have a policy of not taking other stores security devices. I would try and call the store you bought it from originally and see if they can figure anything out for you. They were the ones that messed up so they should be willing to do something.

BrentZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 06:43 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
a heavy duty magnet will do it.. put it at one end and then pull.. thats what we used to get them off where i used to work.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
so long as it's not one that has dye capsules in it - hammer away!

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 07:59 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Did you keep the receipt for it?

I had that happen to me once - I purchased something in Florida and it wasn't until I got to NC that I realized it had the tag on it. I took it and the receipt to the mall with me and while I was shopping I asked a few stores if they could get it off for me.

Sadly, none of them asked to see the receipt.

You don't want to pull on it or anything, that could rip a hole in it.

07-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Fortboy

I just did the same thing! I bought my wife a nice Kappa hoodie when I was in the Czech Republic. I remember the door alarm going off as I exited the store and the clerks just waved at me like yeah it happens every time kinda thing. So I get back to Canada and my wife is sporting her new clothes and wearing her hoodie when she reaches behind her back cuz something was poking her. Yep a big secuirty tag is securely fastened to the garment. I still haven't brought the hoodie to any local stores to try to remove as there is no Kappa stores near me and in fact only 1 in Canada. I'm basically screwed unless another retailer feels pity on us. I do have a receipt so that's good. I also looked online for a home made solution and most of them mentioned an industrial magnet. Of which I don't own! grrrrr!!

Fortboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Well I asked Walmart if they could do it and they said they don't have them. I remembered Kohls had something, so I'm gonna try them out. I'll let you know what happens, but I think Kohls may do the trick.

For you guys in Canada with the same problem, hopefully you guys got Kohls up there.

Old
07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

So I had to stop off at Barnes and Noble, and instead of going to Kohl's, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods. I explained the situation to one guy and said to bring it in and talk to a cashier. I got it and when I talked to him he was kind of shifty, thinking I stole it. I explained that I left the receipt at home (which is actually on my desk right now and I'm looking at it) but after a few seconds of talking to him he took the tag off. So I'm happy, he can think I stole it all he wants but I know I didn't and my problem is solved.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.