HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help with a bruised heel

Old
07-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

vCash: 500
Help with a bruised heel

So, about three weeks ago, me and some friends were hanging out and I ended up bruising my heel..Well it's still bruised. It hurts when I walk, but not when I skate. I've skated quite a bit since then. Is my skating keeping it bruised? It doesn't hurt when I skate but when I stop, it has a sharp pain go through it. What do you think I should do about it?

Terror91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
So, about three weeks ago, me and some friends were hanging out and I ended up bruising my heel..Well it's still bruised. It hurts when I walk, but not when I skate. I've skated quite a bit since then. Is my skating keeping it bruised? It doesn't hurt when I skate but when I stop, it has a sharp pain go through it. What do you think I should do about it?
See a Doctor or ask someone on a message board to diagnose it for you without seeing it. Both options are equally good.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
See a Doctor or ask someone on a message board to diagnose it for you without seeing it. Both options are equally good.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
I had something like this happen in college but from doing something dumb as opposed to sports related and to both heels. Basically, there's nothing you can do except stay off your heel when you walk. That means walking on the balls of your feet until the bruise is healed. Then again, you may want to see a doctor to make sure that it is definitely a bruise and not something more serious.

Old
07-21-2008, 08:53 PM
deanosaur

3 weeks and still a bruised heel?
YOU'RE SURE THAT'S JUST A BRUISE? haha

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
3 weeks and still a bruised heel?
YOU'RE SURE THAT'S JUST A BRUISE? haha
I keep managing to hit it on every little thing. It starts to heal and I manage some how to hit it one something. So it rebruises. It's really making me mad though because it's bothering me when I stop.

Old
07-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Juicy Couturier*

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
sounds liek a chipped bone to me, I have a floating piece of bone in my elbow and when i bump it on something the bruise comes back...its been bruised for a total of about 1.5 years since it happened 2 years ago, it rarely every is completely gone before i hit it again and its back, very painful at times but I'm too much of an idiot to get it removed.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
sounds liek a chipped bone to me, I have a floating piece of bone in my elbow and when i bump it on something the bruise comes back...its been bruised for a total of about 1.5 years since it happened 2 years ago, it rarely every is completely gone before i hit it again and its back, very painful at times but I'm too much of an idiot to get it removed.
I am going to have it checked out next week. If it is a chipped bone I'll be pissed. Down time is going to suck.

Old
07-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Its nothing. i had the same thing when i had training, i bruised it during off-ice on the 40 yard dashes. but skating it was fine and stopping it would hurt a but, but if you had what i had it will probably go away before you go in a week.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Its nothing. i had the same thing when i had training, i bruised it during off-ice on the 40 yard dashes. but skating it was fine and stopping it would hurt a but, but if you had what i had it will probably go away before you go in a week.
Nice to know. I will see what happens. I don't be able to skate for at least another 2 weeks. My skate broke and I am going to get new ones in about two weeks. So no matter what it is, I'll be doing workouts off my skates. Running will probably double. Bike time will go up. Then time just working out my upper body strength. I'll be running A LOT.

Old
07-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Still Naive

it sounds like it could be foot cancer

Still Naive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Naive View Post
it sounds like it could be foot cancer
I sincerely hope you don't have brain cancer.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Redden Hogalot*

Maybe it is the Achilles tendon?

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote