HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Jagr?

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 06:45 PM
xfactor22

vCash: 500
Trade Jagr?

Do you think the Rangers could get a good return if they traded Jagr to a contender. Younger players, prospects, picks? With the Caps paying quite a bit of his salary already, if the Rangers also pick up a bit, he would be a lot more affordable to other teams. Or is this stupid, and should we keep him?

Old
02-19-2004, 07:00 PM
shmekel

Don't you think Washington would have tried it, already? Jagr's contract doesn't make him a good rental, and frankly, I like what I've seen from him here.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:11 PM
xfactor22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmekel
Don't you think Washington would have tried it, already? Jagr's contract doesn't make him a good rental, and frankly, I like what I've seen from him here.
How much per season are the Rangers left with, after what the Caps have picked up? Yea, and I guess it wouldn't be a rental with a few years left on his contract. But even if they traded him wouldn't the Caps still be responsible for the $$$ they picked up? Meaning, he's less expensive now, then when the caps had him.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:22 PM
shmekel

If I'm not mistaken, the Rangers are responsible for around 6 mil per year.
A bargain, for sure, but with the CBA ending, not too many teams would want even that much money on a single player, long term.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:32 PM
phish3579

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmekel
If I'm not mistaken, the Rangers are responsible for around 6 mil per year.
A bargain, for sure, but with the CBA ending, not too many teams would want even that much money on a single player, long term.

Why get rid of the only Ranger that has shown up most games?

Old
02-19-2004, 07:33 PM
shmekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish3579
Why get rid of the only Ranger that has shown up most games?
That, too.

Old
02-19-2004, 07:57 PM
ragfan

That is an idea. If we trade Jagr and cover most of his salary, I am sure we can get two top end prospects as well as a high-draft pick. If Sather was serious about rebuilding, ( which he's not), he should start with Jagr.

Old
02-19-2004, 08:19 PM
xfactor22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragfan
That is an idea. If we trade Jagr and cover most of his salary, I am sure we can get two top end prospects as well as a high-draft pick. If Sather was serious about rebuilding, ( which he's not), he should start with Jagr.
That was my idea with this proposal. I'm not saying he should be traded, but this team needs to rebuild, and of all the big contracts the rangers are stuck with this might be one someone may take off our hands and land a decent return. Unlike Holik's contract (not that he must go either) or Kaspers contact. No one is going to touch those.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
The Rangers gave Jagr a no trade clause as part of the reconstructing of his contract.

02-19-2004, 09:55 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor22
Do you think the Rangers could get a good return if they traded Jagr to a contender. Younger players, prospects, picks? With the Caps paying quite a bit of his salary already, if the Rangers also pick up a bit, he would be a lot more affordable to other teams. Or is this stupid, and should we keep him?
Are you crazy. The only player the rangers got that can score on a regular basis.
He has 5 goals and 12 points in 9 games. I hope he holds up the rest of the year.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Fish

It may be a moot point anyway. The NY Post reported at the time that Jagr has a no trade clause as part of the negotiation to defer some of his salary...

Old
02-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Any GM who saw the grimace on his face that the groin caused him last night wouldn't touch Jagr with a 10 foot pole. Scratch that, 29 GM's wouldn't.

Old
02-20-2004, 05:02 PM
33teddy33

Send a message via ICQ to 33teddy33 Send a message via AIM to 33teddy33 Send a message via Yahoo to 33teddy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor22
you keep him. he is a player. he hated washington because they wouldn't go after a stanley cup. not to say the rangers have not tried to get guys that are cup caliber, they just have not got a system in place and or discipline to get said system to use, the rangers could use him for a future themselves. they need a jagr. there are a load of others that could be traded for a team rebuild. or just get a coach with a system that works and will be enforced. not this lolly-gagging bull**** that we currently have in place.... ahem, sather.

Old
02-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
It may be a moot point anyway. The NY Post reported at the time that Jagr has a no trade clause as part of the negotiation to defer some of his salary...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingBluesonBroadway
The Rangers gave Jagr a no trade clause as part of the reconstructing of his contract.
I didn't knew it ... thanks for the input . I saw the game last night ... the goal and the asisst were pettry much result of luck if you ask me but i'm sure he'll get it going with Kovalev and Nedved LET'S GO JAGR SHINE AGAIN

Old
02-20-2004, 07:22 PM
rootin tootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Can someone post the details. I didn't know he restructured his contract!
I wouldn't trade Jagr, he's been our best player at a reasonable price and his value to us is far more then what would come through a trade since I don't believe there would be any interest with the years plus history involved.

Old
02-20-2004, 08:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragfan
i posted this exact thing 2 weeks ago. if he's got the no-trade though i guess it's moot.

Closed Thread