HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

[MOD EDIT] AHL Live / No more b2 networks for AHL!!!!

Old
11-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Tommy Hawk

vCash: 500
I love the Chicago Wolves. All games televised on Comcast cable. Sweet, unless you have a dish or some other cable provider.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
usmhuskies

Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvesfan View Post
I love the Chicago Wolves. All games televised on Comcast cable. Sweet, unless you have a dish or some other cable provider.
Well, we all can't live in big markets....

usmhuskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmhuskies View Post
Well, we all can't live in big markets....
It has nothing to do with the market size. The Wolves draw less than other teams so why don't teams like Manchester, Wilkes-Barre, Manitoba, Philly, Houston, etc., teams that have all either outdrawn the Wolves or are in big markets, have their games on TV? Simple, they don't want to spend the money. That and they are Dave Andrews' puppets.

The Wolves have had their games on Comcast for years and it is not because it is a big market, it is because our owner(s) are class acts. We had home games on TV before the Hawks did!! I am sure other owner could buy cable time for much less in other markets than it costs in our markets.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Witts World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvesfan View Post
It has nothing to do with the market size. The Wolves draw less than other teams so why don't teams like Manchester, Wilkes-Barre, Manitoba, Philly, Houston, etc., teams that have all either outdrawn the Wolves or are in big markets, have their games on TV? Simple, they don't want to spend the money. That and they are Dave Andrews' puppets.

The Wolves have had their games on Comcast for years and it is not because it is a big market, it is because our owner(s) are class acts. We had home games on TV before the Hawks did!! I am sure other owner could buy cable time for much less in other markets than it costs in our markets.
I know FSN Ohio shows Monsters games every now and then, theres another team that gets some broadcast time. Also a good ownership group.

Witts World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Witts World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Pirates Fan View Post
On the radio side I had problems at first, but now the free audio seems fine. On the video side there are still problens though. I bought a season pass for the Pirates and the last 2 games I watched had no sound, just video. I e-mailed to complain after the first silent game and got a response saying that it would never happen again, but it did. Hopefully AHL Live will improve over time.
I had this same problem as well at one point, seems to have gotten better for me though.
I found out that sometimes when there is no audio feed for a team it could be because the team didn't send a radio broadcaster to the game so they're actually just not feeding the audio.
Overall i think its still better than B2, at least the picture is bigger and i can follow the play.

Old
11-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Bryanbryoil

The Springfield audio is still screwed up 17 games into the season.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 09:36 AM
squishy

At least you got to watch. The final two period of the Hartford - Providence game yesterday were completely unavailable.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Portland Pirates Fan

The video for my Pirates season pass has been fine lately, but I think out of all the games this far into the season only 2 hade had good audio.

Portland Pirates Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
squishy

So yesterday, I got an email saying all Early Bird subscribers are going to be given free access to the archive as a way of saying thanks for my support.

Quote:
Dear AHL Fan,

Thank you for your support of AHL LIVE.

As a valued AHL Live Season Pass subscriber and for taking advantage of our Early Bird Season Pass pricing, we are giving you FREE access to all AHL archived games. A $60 value at absolutely no cost to you.

Your access is already in place - simply logon to www.AHLlive.com to access your FREE game archive and enjoy!

We look forward to continually bringing you the best of the AHL experience.

Regards,
The AHL Live team
www.AHLlive.com
The cynic in me thinks this isn't just about being "nice" and that a class action suit was threatened regarding their bait-and-switch decision of removing access to the Archive in the first place.

Old
12-02-2008, 04:56 PM
usmhuskies

Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
So yesterday, I got an email saying all Early Bird subscribers are going to be given free access to the archive as a way of saying thanks for my support.

The cynic in me thinks this isn't just about being "nice" and that a class action suit was threatened regarding their bait-and-switch decision of removing access to the Archive in the first place.

No, they did it to piss me off cause I made them give me my money back ...Now I would have to go an spend 60 dollars on archived games...I knew they would wind up doing something like this: can't promise something is free and have people pay and then lie to them: these guys are a joke...

usmhuskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 12:26 AM
squishy

The joke continues. Last night I tried to watch the Hartford - Bridgeport game. The quality in the first period was horrible. The video and sound kept freezing, it was basically unwatchable. Just before the end of the first, the video went away completely, replaced with a message that there were problems getting the feed from the broadcaster. When the period ended, suddenly a new message appeared, saying "Game broadcast has finished". So I went on their live chat where I was informed "since we were not able to get a steady feed, we asked the team contact if we should continue to broadcast the game. they decided not to broadcast the game with horrible quality, so we took the game off the website. you can still listen to the radio feed."

Gee thanks. $140 to be able to listen to the free radio feed.

Old
12-05-2008, 01:26 AM
kbarbdamnit

Send a message via ICQ to kbarbdamnit Send a message via AIM to kbarbdamnit
Quote:

I thought the exact same thing. I'm happy with it regardless or the reasons why though.

Quote:
The joke continues. Last night I tried to watch the Hartford - Bridgeport game. The quality in the first period was horrible. The video and sound kept freezing, it was basically unwatchable. Just before the end of the first, the video went away completely, replaced with a message that there were problems getting the feed from the broadcaster. When the period ended, suddenly a new message appeared, saying "Game broadcast has finished". So I went on their live chat where I was informed "since we were not able to get a steady feed, we asked the team contact if we should continue to broadcast the game. they decided not to broadcast the game with horrible quality, so we took the game off the website. you can still listen to the radio feed."

Gee thanks. $140 to be able to listen to the free radio feed.
I wonder what the problem was, I've never had that much trouble watching a game that took place in Bridgeport before. I usually have **** audio quality but that was the first time the game was completely unwatchable. I gave up watching and figured I'd wait till the archive is up but the archived game only has 10 minutes of footage.

kbarbdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
TKFAN

Out of the 8 Manchester away games we have "tried" to watch, there have been 3 or 4 games that we didn't have problems with. Sometimes the entire game was like watching a slow motion slide show and the audio was so slow we couldn't make out what was being said, technical difficulties on the screen and most of the remainder of the games were freezing up on a regular basis. Each time I e-mailed them and I did receive a response. For the most part the excuses were - lots of internet traffic on weekends (so I guess the AHL should only play Monday-Thursday), your computer must be slow (no way), you can only have one computer on the internet at a time and etc. We went back and forth with numerous e-mails and eventually did have my charge card credited the $6.00 for some of the games and for the most recent game they gave me a code to watch a future game at no charge.

I don't feel that AHL Live is one bit better than the old B2 Network.

Last edited by TKFAN: 12-05-2008 at 04:28 PM.
TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
homer19

i watched the phantoms-springfield game last week and never really had any problems with the service but after hearing you guys complaining about ahl live having crappy service. the ahl really has do something to make this better or people will never order games from them again. i kinda hate to admit it but i kinda miss b2.

homer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Witts World

I've had some of these issues as well, but recently everything has been pretty smooth. I was watching the Milwaukee vs. Marlies game this past weekend and it slowed up on me once throughout the game, which i didn't think was too bad. Definitely better than B2 though, at least i can follow the play.
Now that i have the archives back, those games have been playing real smooth.

Old
12-12-2008, 10:45 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I haven't had any video problems and the audio problems seem to be getting better, they were never that bad but every game every so often the audio would get really slow or it would be a split second ahead, so you would hear them say goal as the player released the shot.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I'm trying to watch the free preview and now the site is down. What a load of crap.

is www.ahllive.com not workign for anyone else?

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Not working for me either.

Figures, as soon as I say that it works.

Randy Butternubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
PuppasPosse

When were you guys trying to watch? I had no problems at all with the Hartford game.

PuppasPosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Witts World

No problem on my end with the sunday games, I flipped around a few as well.
Anyone hear plans about coverage for the All Star game?

Old
12-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Portland Pirates Fan

As for the All Star Classic Coverage, It will most likely be on TV hopefully NHL Network like last year. Also it is usually broadcast on regional sports networks (NESN, FSN, ect.). I remember from the AHL's article introducing AHL Live that they metioned All star Coverage, but it did not say it would be free. You may recall that b2 broadcast the All Star Classic for free the last coupple years. I think that if you live within a coupple hundred miles of Worcester you should just go in person. The All Star Classic is the legue's premier event of the season. I already have my ticket and am excited to attend.

Portland Pirates Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
squishy

AHL Live strikes again. Last night's Hartford - Bridgeport game was unavailable. "We are experiencing technical difficulties, please stay tuned"... through the entire game.

Old
01-15-2009, 08:09 PM
kbarbdamnit

Send a message via ICQ to kbarbdamnit Send a message via AIM to kbarbdamnit
Quote:
AHL Live strikes again. Last night's Hartford - Bridgeport game was unavailable. "We are experiencing technical difficulties, please stay tuned"... through the entire game.
Yeah, that sucked, I was really wanting to see that game too.

kbarbdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Witts World

Mascot Hockey

Anyone see the broadcast of Mascot hockey, probably the best part of the all star classic. we need more of this in Hockey. If anyone wants to check it out it was during the 2nd intermission of the game, and you can watch it all for free now. It starts at about 1 hour and 48 minutes in.

http://ahl.neulion.com/allstarlive/console.html

Old
01-29-2009, 12:20 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witts World View Post
Anyone see the broadcast of Mascot hockey, probably the best part of the all star classic. we need more of this in Hockey. If anyone wants to check it out it was during the 2nd intermission of the game, and you can watch it all for free now. It starts at about 1 hour and 48 minutes in.

http://ahl.neulion.com/allstarlive/console.html
Thanks for the link. TBone (Rampage mascot) puts out a nice hit right at the start of the video!

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote