HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three favourite players on the Habs (In Order)

Old
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Saku Koivu
Josh Gorges
Jaroslav Halak

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

1. Kostitsyns
2. Latendresse
3. Lapierre

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Souray44

I love almost all of them but i'd have to go with Andrei Kostitsyn, Andrei Markov, Mike Komisarek.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Dripper

That's a tough call. I like most of the players on the team.
1) Koivu
2) Andrei
3) Sergei
4) Kovy

20) Bouillon
21) Begin
22) Tender
23) Dandy

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

Easy,

Saku
Alexei
Andrei M

Then it becomes extremely hard to determine the fourth... tie for now with Komi, Chris, Sergei, Andrei K. , even frigging Tom . I love these guys. Yeah, I'm on a first name basis with em got a problem punk?

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Zinger

SKILLS:

Kovy
Andrei
Sergei

HEART:

Koivu
Higgins
Begin

Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:18 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

I will never understand how Higgins is more hyped/loved than Plekanec who offers more speed, more skills and as much of a defensive game, but oh well... I respect your opinions.

To me it's :

1. Tanguay. My favorite player from Quebec since I follow the NHL (2001). I went in the same high school than his brother (Maxime, 3rd round Chicago's pick), I come from the same piece of land... and his skills are just amazing. He reminds me of a mini-Hossa. Not as good as Hossa, but still, he is the full package. Speed, good shot, defensive awareness, great vision, great passing, experience, leadership, "clutchness"... he's just all this.

2. Hamrlik. You've got to love this player. So clever and so good in the D-zone. Some guys here are severe with his play in the playoffs. The guy played a great D-game all year long despite being matched with rookies and Brisebois. He was new to this system, and still was the D who had to play with the most players. I'm expecting the same thing from Hammernext year, with better offensive numbers.

3. Kovalev. He could be #2 though. It's pretty close between Hammer and him. He's an illusionist on this ice, and was THE reason, along with Hamrlik, why we finished that high in the standings. Take Hamrlik and Kovalev out, and we likely don't make the playoffs.

For the rest, I would say :

4. A. Kostitsyn - Great player in the making.
5. Komisarek - Future captain/leader. Great player under pressure, great attitude. But his play on the ice seems to be overrated by some Habs fans though.
6. Markov - Great QB, defensive player. if he can still get more than 50pts, while improving his D-play just a little bit, he could go up at #4...
7. Plekanec. I just love this kid. Great vision, and he's the most improved player in the last 3 years along with Komisarek.
8. S. Kostitsyn. I just wish he is going to keep working hard. He's so overhyped here, I'm scared to see some fans jump on his back if he doesn't get more than 55pts.
9. Price. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Price. But he's so cold and all... I love him when he's on the top of his game. I just hope he's gonna have a great season next year. If he does, well he could make his way through the TOP-5.
10. Koivu. Great leader on the ice at the least, always putting up a good effort. Before this year, he was in my top-5, top7. But I kind of think the injuries and the diseases may have caught him up. Hopefully He'll prove me wrong.

I like the major part of this team, but I just find some players harder to like than the others.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:19 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashnieh View Post
SKILLS:

Kovy
Andrei
Sergei

HEART:

Koivu
Higgins
Begin
Gorges has to be up there for the heart IMO.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Kachino

Komisarek
Markov
Andrei/Sergei Kostitsyn

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Koivu-When this guy scores in the playoffs, I feel he can change the momentum of the game because people follow him. Whether or not it's true, just he pumps you up when he scores after we're down and making a comeback, just my opinion.

Andrei-Our talented russian, almost every team has one, don't they? Add that he hits, plays a two-way game and can probably have good chemistry with a lot of our players, and he's just plain showing us why he was drafted high.

Higgins/Komisarek-One of these two will replace Koivu as captain one day most likely. I can't choose one and not the other. They are excellent at their role. Komisarek led the league in blocked shots, second in hits. Higgins is a two-way presence with good speed and can score and assist...did I mention they both have leadership? They are surely going to be here for a while, hopefully anyway.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Andrei Kostitsyn
Koivu / Kovalev

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Koivu
Kovalev
Higgins

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:11 AM
crystal ball

1. Tomas Plekanec
2. Alex Kovalev
3. Jaroslav Halak

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 05:37 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
Simply put who are your three favourite players on the team. Doesn't need to be rational. You won't be criticized for saying iuno 1.Gorges. 2.Begin 3.Halak.

MINE:

1. Carey Price
2. Sergei Kostitsyn
3. Chris Higgins
Saku, Komi, Sergei.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:00 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Mike Komi
Sergei
Carey Price
Andrei
Kovalev
Tommy K.
Koivu
Tanguay
Laraque
Hamerlik

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Jake5

A. Kostitsyn
Plekanec
Laraque

Jake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
chris96

Kost Bros.
Carey Price
Mike Komisarik

chris96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
MasterD

Markov
Sergei Kostytsin, just love the energy this kid displays... similar to younger Koivu
Koivu/Higgins/Komisarek pretty much equal

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
I will never understand how Higgins is more hyped/loved than Plekanec who offers more speed, more skills and as much of a defensive game, but oh well... I respect your opinions.

To me it's :

1. Tanguay. My favorite player from Quebec since I follow the NHL (2001). I went in the same high school than his brother (Maxime, 3rd round Chicago's pick), I come from the same piece of land... and his skills are just amazing. He reminds me of a mini-Hossa. Not as good as Hossa, but still, he is the full package. Speed, good shot, defensive awareness, great vision, great passing, experience, leadership, "clutchness"... he's just all this.

2. Hamrlik. You've got to love this player. So clever and so good in the D-zone. Some guys here are severe with his play in the playoffs. The guy played a great D-game all year long despite being matched with rookies and Brisebois. He was new to this system, and still was the D who had to play with the most players. I'm expecting the same thing from Hammernext year, with better offensive numbers.

3. Kovalev. He could be #2 though. It's pretty close between Hammer and him. He's an illusionist on this ice, and was THE reason, along with Hamrlik, why we finished that high in the standings. Take Hamrlik and Kovalev out, and we likely don't make the playoffs.

For the rest, I would say :

4. A. Kostitsyn - Great player in the making.
5. Komisarek - Future captain/leader. Great player under pressure, great attitude. But his play on the ice seems to be overrated by some Habs fans though.
6. Markov - Great QB, defensive player. if he can still get more than 50pts, while improving his D-play just a little bit, he could go up at #4...
7. Plekanec. I just love this kid. Great vision, and he's the most improved player in the last 3 years along with Komisarek.
8. S. Kostitsyn. I just wish he is going to keep working hard. He's so overhyped here, I'm scared to see some fans jump on his back if he doesn't get more than 55pts.
9. Price. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Price. But he's so cold and all... I love him when he's on the top of his game. I just hope he's gonna have a great season next year. If he does, well he could make his way through the TOP-5.
10. Koivu. Great leader on the ice at the least, always putting up a good effort. Before this year, he was in my top-5, top7. But I kind of think the injuries and the diseases may have caught him up. Hopefully He'll prove me wrong.

I like the major part of this team, but I just find some players harder to like than the others.
I think people prefer Higgins over Plekanec because it shows that he tries hard... Plekanec looks a bit more effortless, in a way I'd say similar to Kovalev who looks lazy at times.
Then again, Pleks putting up more points while looking more effortless probably means he's a better offensive player... but here in Qc we usually like that aren't necessarly the best ones, but who look like they're always trying, which is Higgins.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Wheres the Markov love?

1. Andrei Kostitsyn / Saku Koivu
2. Saku Koivu / Andrei Kostitsyn
3. Roman Hamrlik

So, Markov's not in my top 3 either. Sue me. :p

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote