HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Glenn Murray on waivers

Old
07-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Marksman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I want to know why Mathieu Dandenault hasn't been put on waivers yet??? Someone in here said that the buyout period was over, but the Bruins put Murray on waivers and now today they are talking about buying him out....so if thats the case....why didn't we buyout Dandenault yet? He is the only player on our roster who doesn't deserve a spot. He is a brutal forward and an even worse defencemen. We have lots of other players that are more valuable than him. I don't care if he is a veteran who has won Stanley Cups.....the bottom line is that he sucks and we need to get rid of him and his over priced contract to make room for someone more useful.

Habs are not in cap trouble and his contract will be up after next season. Thats why.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 03:41 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know he shouldn't be interesting to us, still, they have Ryder, we should get him, and make a competition out of this.

Who would win? A Ryder with more responsabilities, or a Murray with better linemates and more offensive system?

Wish Murray would be faster though.....it just doesn't go with our speed and skill system....

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...s/bruins_blog/

So how come Bruins fans can have that gift and we didn't have it with Dandenault???

Bruins were finally lucky to have Wideman in that arbitration process. It's because of that that they were able to get rid of Murray...
He shouldn't be interesting to the team but you still say GET HIM??? man thats some very bad weed you're smoking! Take a look at the top six wingers on this team and tell me, who the heck is this loser suppose to be an upgrade over???

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Corey

Murray had 17 goals and 13 assists in the regular season and 0 points in 7 playoff games (similar to Latendresse). Is it likely that any half-way decent NHL team would take him on?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Murray had 17 goals and 13 assists in the regular season and 0 points in 7 playoff games (similar to Latendresse). Is it likely that any half-way decent NHL team would take him on?
No.

Also, Latendresse is about 15 years younger than Murray and is improving.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
He shouldn't be interesting to the team but you still say GET HIM??? man thats some very bad weed you're smoking! Take a look at the top six wingers on this team and tell me, who the heck is this loser suppose to be an upgrade over???
Clearly the "get him" was only for the sake of making a competition out of Ryder vs Murray. You know ex-players playing their old team, since Boston will also look forward to see what Ryder will do against us, it would have been fun to have the same everything we face them. So the FUN of it, it would be nice. For a real hockey perspective, I thought I was clear by saying that in the end "He doesn't fit with our skill and speed system".....But wasn't clear enough for people who just want to read what they want.......

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Fredi28

Trust me, you guys want NOTHING to do with Murray. I've been a supporter of his for his entire career and years ago he was an extremely affective sniper riding shotgun to Thornton. But the guy's body has broken down and old age is catching up as his lightning quick release is hardly lightning or quick these days.

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Koivu84*

I'm not a huge Murray fan but If he's willing to sign here cheap like 2m I'd take him. He could replace the 30 goals of Ryder (assuming he returns to form)

Koivu84* is offline   Reply With Quote