HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa and Vancouver in talks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
  #26
Thricecube
Registered User
 
Thricecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Courtenay, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,716
vCash: 500
I think what we're all forgetting is this is an "Eklund" rumour. It has no merit to it whatsoever unless someone else previously reported it.

Thricecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
  #27
squish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks5551 View Post
I bet you 90% of Canucks fans would prefer Salo over Bieksa.
I really don't understand this. For one, I would say 50% would be more accurate. Secondly, why are so many people willing to let Bieksa go so easily? He has HUGE potential if he can work out his injuries. He is younger, has MUCH more grit than Salo and is capable of putting up the same numbers as Salo (if not more - 42 points in 06/07 season). He hasn't even had a chance to blossom yet. I watch this guy play and I actually want to go buy a Bieksa jersey. I would NEVER get a Salo jersey.

I would love Vermette for Salo + prospect.

squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
  #28
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik
 
JannikAtTheDisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a van in vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
Pass.
Too bad it isn't up to you.

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
  #29
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown Sens Fan 19 View Post
I hope Murray doesn't deal Vermette unless one of Bieksa/Edler/Schnieder are coming our way.
Won't be Edler at this point as it would put the Canucks out of the Sundin Sweepstakes.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
  #30
BBB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
Salo doesn't seem like a Murray type player...

BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
  #31
DreamCatcher*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In Your Mind
Country: United Nations
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thricecube View Post
I think what we're all forgetting is this is an "Eklund" rumour. It has no merit to it whatsoever unless someone else previously reported it.
there has been actually two or three other articles reporting this and it seems like Eklund is just picking up the steam of this rumor.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
  #32
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Won't be Edler at this point as it would put the Canucks out of the Sundin Sweepstakes.
Yes, and once Sundin retires/goes to the Leafs or Montreal I could see Murray aiming for Edler

We need more Swedes around Ottawa, now that Detroit won a cup with them

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:49 PM
  #33
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Kesler View Post
Too bad it isn't up to you.
It might as well be. There's zero chance Brian Murray trades Vermette for Salo. No thanks. There's plenty of other options for us to acquire a puck mover using Vermette as bait.

Bieksa for Vermette has a lot more merit than a Salo for Vermette.

I hear the Vermette, Meszaros, Neil and a 1st for Bouwmeester rumour all the time. Does it mean it's happening. Not necessarily, but if Gillis got cold feet and backed out - then we're on to bigger and better.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
  #34
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
It might as well be. There's zero chance Brian Murray trades Vermette for Salo. No thanks. There's plenty of other options for us to acquire a puck mover using Vermette as bait.

Bieksa for Vermette has a lot more merit than a Salo for Vermette.

I hear the Vermette, Meszaros, Neil and a 1st for Bouwmeester rumour all the time. Does it mean it's happening. Not necessarily, but if Gillis got cold feet and backed out - then we're on to bigger and better.
Wasn't there a proposal with Anaheim with Vermette for Beauchemin, Marchant, a prospect, a late round pick and their 1st round pick in 2009?

I would take Beauchemin over Salo anyday

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
  #35
JackBauer
Registered User
 
JackBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Kesler View Post
Too bad it isn't up to you.
it isn't up to eklund either. vermette isn't going anywhere for just a 33 yr old who plays an average of 60 games a season.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
  #36
SedinFan*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 10,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACaptain View Post
The Canucks are loaded on defense so as much as I like Salo as a player, getting Vermette would be a huge lift for Vancouver's offense.

Should this be any indicator on Sundin's plans? Does Gillis think the chances are dropping?
If the Canucks deal one of Salo or Bieksa for Vermette, they'll still have the same amount of cap space to sign Sundin.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM
  #37
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Wasn't there a proposal with Anaheim with Vermette for Beauchemin, Marchant, a prospect, a late round pick and their 1st round pick in 2009?

I would take Beauchemin over Salo anyday
Holy cow, I never heard that one. I heard there was potential for a deal with the Ducks for Schneider, but I never really understood how we'd be able to squeeze that under the cap.

I would take Beauchemin over Salo any day of the week. He's a horse. Never mind the 1st round pick. Deal (we'd have to clear cap space though I think).

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:09 PM
  #38
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
Holy cow, I never heard that one. I heard there was potential for a deal with the Ducks for Schneider, but I never really understood how we'd be able to squeeze that under the cap.

I would take Beauchemin over Salo any day of the week. He's a horse. Never mind the 1st round pick. Deal (we'd have to clear cap space though I think).
I know and all the Ducks fans were happy with it because they had enough cap to resign Schneider

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
  #39
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
Holy cow, I never heard that one. I heard there was potential for a deal with the Ducks for Schneider, but I never really understood how we'd be able to squeeze that under the cap.

I would take Beauchemin over Salo any day of the week. He's a horse. Never mind the 1st round pick. Deal (we'd have to clear cap space though I think).
I don't see the Ducks dealing Beauchemin before Schneider. For one thing, the Ducks would still be over the cap. Schneider is the player to be moved if they want to get under the cap.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
  #40
fras123
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Salo to me is the least valuable defencman on Van, can't play more than half a season and makes way too much money, that with the NTC should be flashing red lights for Murray.

Bieksa and Raymond for Vermette, Schubert, 2nd in 09

pleeease

fras123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
  #41
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
I don't see the Ducks dealing Beauchemin before Schneider. For one thing, the Ducks would still be over the cap. Schneider is the player to be moved if they want to get under the cap.
That's what I understood as well.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
  #42
shaolinson
Bim Jenning
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rain City
Country: Canada
Posts: 862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fras123 View Post
Salo to me is the least valuable defencman on Van, can't play more than half a season and makes way too much money, that with the NTC should be flashing red lights for Murray.

Bieksa and Raymond for Vermette, Schubert, 2nd in 09

pleeease
no way

shaolinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
  #43
Barney Gumble
Registered User
 
Barney Gumble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fras123 View Post
Salo to me is the least valuable defencman on Van, can't play more than half a season and makes way too much money, that with the NTC should be flashing red lights for Murray.
You get Jeff Finger nowadays for the $3.5 million that Salo makes.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
  #44
Szechwan
Plug Life.
 
Szechwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
During Rock 101's sports break this morning, it was mentioned a deal was being worked out surrounding Vermette for Bieksa, but that Gillis was holding out for more.

I personally would be pretty pissed if we dealt Bieksa straight up for Vermette.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:18 PM
  #45
wahoyaho
Registered User
 
wahoyaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
As much as I love salo, I would love to do this, he's been too injury prone lately

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
  #46
PlayItAgain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
As much as I love salo, I would love to do this, he's been too injury prone lately
Lately?!

Except for his first 2 years in Vancouver, Salo has perpetually missed at least a quarter of season due to injury.

PlayItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:29 PM
  #47
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,166
vCash: 500
The OP has worded it a bit wrong. The original rumor was Bieksa for Vermette, but the Canucks "laughed off" the deal and offered Salo instead.

Now the rumor seems that it will be a Canuck defenseman and prospect for Vermette and a Senators defenseman. So going by what was said earlier, I think it would be:

Salo + Raymond/Hansen
for
Vermette + Schubert

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:29 PM
  #48
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,845
vCash: 855
where is the info that Gillis doesnt want to trade bieska?

canuck4life16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
  #49
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 38,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloworld View Post
The OP has worded it a bit wrong. The original rumor was Bieksa for Vermette, but the Canucks "laughed off" the deal and offered Salo instead.

Now the rumor seems that it will be a Canuck defenseman and prospect for Vermette and a Senators defenseman. So going by what was said earlier, I think it would be:

Salo + Raymond/Hansen
for
Vermette + Schubert
The "laughed it off" part came from Ottawa's very own idiot, Don Brennan, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I'm willing to bet the Sens would add Schubert to get a shot at Bieksa.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
  #50
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
it would make sense fo rthe Cnaucks and Senators to be in talks thats for sure... Canucks have lots of defensemen and the Sens need a defeseman... the Canucks need top 6 forwards and the Sens have a top 6 forward they likely can't afford...

but I would like to expand some of these possibilities... what if the Canucks are looking to add Vermette and Meszaros and are looking to send 2 defensemen to Ottawa in return

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.