HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Helpful little known tips

Old
07-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Sensfanman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
If your trying to make ice faster use warm water instead of cold water, it will freeze faster, something about the molecules in cold water need to calm down before the freezing process can start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
you serious?
Actually, this is true but only under very precise conditions. Almost pure water (not tap water), certain temperature and very high tech freezing with a perfectly level surface. The convection currents in the water caused by the warmth will expose more water to the cold and make the water freeze faster (or something close to that).

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguyman View Post
Actually, this is true but only under very precise conditions. Almost pure water (not tap water), certain temperature and very high tech freezing with a perfectly level surface. The convection currents in the water caused by the warmth will expose more water to the cold and make the water freeze faster (or something close to that).
Im not saying your wrong or anything because I'm sure what your saying is true. But I do know that even with tap water and a regular freezer warm water will freeze faster that cold water. I didnt believe it at first because it just seems impossible so i tried it and it does work. Im sure what you are saying will have much more dramatic results and the warm water will freeze a lot faster instead of marginally faster than cold water but I do know that it works pretty well with regular tap water and a standard freezer. Its something I used a ton in college when trying to freeze ice for drinks that night, its not like it freezes it in an hour or anything but solid ice can form with warm water used maybe an 30 mins to an hour or so before the cold water it completely frozen.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote