HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek 09/10

Old
07-26-2008, 02:35 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
How much the best defensive D-Men have?

Trying to think like an agent or a GM.
Did a little spreadsheet (attached) based on Hits and Blocked Shots.
Of course there are some things that numbers don't tell (Potential C).

He should be able to get more than Orpik. So > 4M.
But unless his stats jump on the offense side, he should get less than Hamrlik.
So 4.5 to 5 for 4 to 5 years.
Everyone needs to stop comparing players who got X amount, to what Komi should/might get more/less then they did. I'm pretty sure the guys on the team are well aware of each other's contracts expiring, and whether or not they want to remain a team (thus take contractual discounts) or try for greener pastures somewhere else.

I can't see Gainey signing Komisarek for a penny more then in the 4-4.5 range.. 3-4 years.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Habitant#1

[QUOTE=GoHabsGo247;14995302]Everyone needs to stop comparing players who got X amount, to what Komi should/might get more/less then they did. I'm pretty sure the guys on the team are well aware of each other's contracts expiring, and whether or not they want to remain a team (thus take contractual discounts) or try for greener pastures somewhere else.

I can't see Gainey signing Komisarek for a penny more then in the 4-4.5 range.. 3-4 years.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Whether we like it or not, offensive points is the major factor in determining contracts. Komisarek simply doesn't have the offensive numbers for anything above $5M. I expect him to sign in the low $4M range.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 05:51 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Everyone needs to stop comparing players who got X amount, to what Komi should/might get more/less then they did. I'm pretty sure the guys on the team are well aware of each other's contracts expiring, and whether or not they want to remain a team (thus take contractual discounts) or try for greener pastures somewhere else.

[B]I can't see Gainey signing Komisarek for a penny more then in the 4-4.5 range.. 3-4 years.
Same here. Whether we like it or not, offensive points is the major factor in determining contracts. Komisarek simply doesn't have the offensive numbers for anything above $5M. I expect him to sign in the low $4M range.
Eric Brewer and Adam Foote are decent comparables. They earn $4.5M and $3M, respectively.

07-26-2008, 06:54 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
I think it'll take something like a 3-year deal with a $5 million per year cap hit (give or take a half-million) to sign him to an extension during the season. I'd have no trouble with him making Markov or Hamrlik type money. Someone else is going to give it to him as a UFA, so we might as well lock him up now. We have cheaper guys signed for the 4-7slots so paying 3 guys an average of slightly over $5 million a year on defense shouldn't destabilize the team salary structure.
5 mil is insane for Komi , if Shea Webber gets 4.5 , Komi is 3.5 . He is a solid # 3 Dman , but if he gets 5 mil thats ludacrous , ragardless where salaries are going.
Bob has not overpaid anyone, and has been fiscally responsible. He let Streit, Ryder, Sourray go because they werent worth it. He will give Komi fair money , if not he will move him , same goes for Higgins. If Deon Phaneauf who will retire with 5 Norris trophies gets 6.5 , giving Komi 5+ is insane .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
If Streit or Wideman can make 4 million a year, Komisarek can easily makes 6-7 million somewhere. As for Bob, his "no negotiation during the season" policy, will bite him in the ass in a near future.
6-7 MIL SEE YOU LATER KOMI

let someone else over pay him , then realize a year later , **** , we got ourselves a 20 point # 3 defender making 7 mil .

Ask the teams what value they got for Drury,Smythe, Gomez? Ask the Hawks next season when Huet and Campbell will be the first on the trading block .

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-26-2008 at 08:53 PM.
onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 08:42 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
If Streit or Wideman can make 4 million a year, Komisarek can easily makes 6-7 million somewhere. As for Bob, his "no negotiation during the season" policy, will bite him in the ass in a near future.
*** kind of drugs are you smoking?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote