HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Mission Amp 6

Old
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
05flynt

vCash: 500
Mission Amp 6

hey guys so i have played roller since i was 5 and now im 22, ive always wanted to play ice but never got to. anyways, i picked up a pair of Mission Amp 6 skates to start skating on. just wanted to know some feedback from you guys, i got them for dirt cheap so i was thinking even if i didnt like them i could use them to get used to the ice and just buy better skates later on.

so anyways i guess what im asking is how you would rate the skate? i should be going down to the rink either this sat or in 3 weekends so ill get a feel for them myself also.

05flynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:12 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05flynt View Post
hey guys so i have played roller since i was 5 and now im 22, ive always wanted to play ice but never got to. anyways, i picked up a pair of Mission Amp 6 skates to start skating on. just wanted to know some feedback from you guys, i got them for dirt cheap so i was thinking even if i didnt like them i could use them to get used to the ice and just buy better skates later on.

so anyways i guess what im asking is how you would rate the skate? i should be going down to the rink either this sat or in 3 weekends so ill get a feel for them myself also.
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the skate until you skate on them for 2-3 times yourself. All anyone should tell you is that they're 1-2 generations old but should do just fine if you're learning right now.

The important part is that they fit you right, so pay attention to whether they hold your heel in place and aren't too long for you.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:16 PM
05flynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delorme View Post
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the skate until you skate on them for 2-3 times yourself. All anyone should tell you is that they're 1-2 generations old but should do just fine if you're learning right now.

The important part is that they fit you right, so pay attention to whether they hold your heel in place and aren't too long for you.
no they fit good, id like them to be more stiff like my mission roller skates, but i didnt want to throw down to much cash til i started to develop on the ice more.

05flynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

You're saying they feel good walking around the house, but you won't know for sure till you hit the ice and push them. If they do fit, by all means, use them till they break down. Then when you do upgrade, you'll know whether you're a fan of stiffer skates or not.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote