HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

FYI - Renney on WFAN at 9AM Today (Friday)

Old
07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
FutureGM97

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Thats why Scotty Ferall is god
its too bad he is on satellite radio...i think alot of people would love him.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Who cares? This thread is supposed to be about Renney's interview, not a stupid comment that someone made. Obviously the guy did his job as people in here are whining non-stop about it. Relax people! Geezaloo.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 03:58 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

WFAN are a bunch of assclowns

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 06:18 PM
McMonster
THANKS BOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Daily View Post
it wasnt carton, it was chris carlin, who is another moron.
Craig Carton is a Rangers fan so he wouldn't have said that

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 10:47 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
they call it a sports show.......what a joke. this is why i dont listen to the radio. that cohost is a moron.

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 10:53 PM
The Thomas J.*

After listening to the interview it sounded like it was the producer of the show chining in from the booth, Eddie Scazary, that still doesn't change my view on Carlin.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Nobody cares about Hockey? Isn't it the 2nd in world wide popularity? We all know Soccer is top and it's hated here in the states. Just to show ya what it's like to be a hockey fan in NJ. I just got Verizon Fios today, I asked about NHL center ice, NHL network, and TSN or CBC. I was willing to pay whatever for these but it's just not available. They said they are in negotiations for Center Ice though........I hope they get it in time but nothing about NHL Network. I already have the NFL Network and NBA is coming in the fall. Grrrrrrrrrr

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Nobody cares about Hockey? Isn't it the 2nd in world wide popularity? We all know Soccer is top and it's hated here in the states. Just to show ya what it's like to be a hockey fan in NJ. I just got Verizon Fios today, I asked about NHL center ice, NHL network, and TSN or CBC. I was willing to pay whatever for these but it's just not available. They said they are in negotiations for Center Ice though........I hope they get it in time but nothing about NHL Network. I already have the NFL Network and NBA is coming in the fall. Grrrrrrrrrr
I seriously doubt hockey is 2nd in popularity world-wide. The Chinese (1.3 billion) are getting into basketball and baseball is played in various parts of Asia (the Japanese are pretty big baseball fans, not to mention Taiwan) and throughout North and Centeral America. Heck, there's a whole bunch of people out there who love cricket (just ask someone from Pakistan, India or Bangladesh).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 01:21 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
i could care less about how popular it is because at least when u find a rare occasion to talk hockey they r true fans not a bunch of front running idiots who have no idea what their ass from their elbow is....NO SUCH THING as a casual fan in hockey. u dont see some fat toolbag walking around wearing a faded out mark messier jersey just because its "cool" and he wants to wear a jersey that day. u dont see some ugly girl walking around with pigtails and an extra large early 1990's edmonton oilers shirt...im greatful for that

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
i could care less about how popular it is because at least when u find a rare occasion to talk hockey they r true fans not a bunch of front running idiots who have no idea what their ass from their elbow is....NO SUCH THING as a casual fan in hockey. u dont see some fat toolbag walking around wearing a faded out mark messier jersey just because its "cool" and he wants to wear a jersey that day. u dont see some ugly girl walking around with pigtails and an extra large early 1990's edmonton oilers shirt...im greatful for that
What does a hockey's popularity have to do with the way people look? Hockey fans come in all shapes, sizes, colors, nationalities--that's one thing I like about it.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
ruckus*

Francessa and Russo both admit that they don't really care for hockey and I'd rather them do that and neglect it then attempt to talk about something they don't know. As others have noted there are other hosts on FAN like Steve Somers and Joe B and Evan that are more than willing to discuss hockey when people call in and have decent knowledge of what's going on.

For all the knocks on Francessa, I will say one thing. The guy openly admits that New York Rangers fans are the most loyal fans of all the New York sports teams. I've heard him talk about how if the Yanks and Mets are bad, or the Jets or whoever, that this city has shown they won't show up. But he even said, you could schedule a Rangers game at MSG in the middle of July at 2 a.m. and there would be 18,200 people there.

So while he might dislike it and not have much knowledge, he does give Rangers fans the props they deserve for being some of the most loyal fans anywhere.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 10:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

At the Ice House in Hackensack, the adult league is ranked in the top 20 in the United States.

There are over 8 divisions, over 10 teams in some, and about 15 players per team.

That is nearly 1,000 adults playing in rec hockey at ONE facility per season (fall league, winter league, spring league, and summer league).

That doesn't account for about 10 high schools that use the Ice House as their home arena.

Not to mention several Avalanche teams in each age level.

And also not mentioning countless youth rec leagues at the arena.

And open (pickup) hockey.

These are just the people who play organized ice hockey at ONE facility.

I can name several facilities off the top of my head that i have played in since my childhood, that have large organized leagues.

These are just players. Not accounting for how many fans of hockey that DON'T play.

Hockey is more popular in this country then people think.

And for the ones who disrespect it, it is simply because they can't play and can't skate.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 04:21 AM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 738
Well we could acknowledge the fact that not many people care about hockey in July.

Last edited by 9darter: 07-27-2008 at 04:25 PM.
9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 10:21 AM
bubba5

Maybe Carlin should play some pick-up hockey game once in a while instead of sitting on his butt watching boring baseball all day long

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
At the Ice House in Hackensack, the adult league is ranked in the top 20 in the United States.

There are over 8 divisions, over 10 teams in some, and about 15 players per team.

That is nearly 1,000 adults playing in rec hockey at ONE facility per season (fall league, winter league, spring league, and summer league).

That doesn't account for about 10 high schools that use the Ice House as their home arena.

Not to mention several Avalanche teams in each age level.

And also not mentioning countless youth rec leagues at the arena.

And open (pickup) hockey.

These are just the people who play organized ice hockey at ONE facility.

I can name several facilities off the top of my head that i have played in since my childhood, that have large organized leagues.

These are just players. Not accounting for how many fans of hockey that DON'T play.

Hockey is more popular in this country then people think.

And for the ones who disrespect it, it is simply because they can't play and can't skate.
Hey Pukku, love the Icehouse and your right they have a lot of different leagues going on in that place. Man how I wish they had that place around when I was a kid.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote