HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester lineup combinations?

Old
07-26-2008, 10:43 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLaLa16 View Post
I'll take a shot at the line combos. Mine are with the assumption that Sprukts will be signed.

Frolik-Sprukts-Repik
McArdle-Sweetland-Stewart
Glass-Larman-Meyer
MacIntyre-Brine-Duco

Extras
Collins
Callas

Ellerby-Fitzpatrick
Garrison-Aston
Beaverson-Caruso

Extras
MacDonald
Henry
Delory

Beckford-Tseu
Plante

Extra
Shantz

As a sidenote, anyone know what the Panthers plans are with Jassen Cullimore, I know he is a UFA. He'd sure look good on the Amerks blue line.
Ellerby as the #1 Dman would be a mistake, surely he isn't ready straight away to log that many minutes? I don't think Ellerby will have a smooth transition, i can see him struggling for awhile.

Someonelike Beaverson would be alot more ready for steady minutes.

I'd be suprised if McArdle became the 2nd line winger, seeing as he failed to do much last year. He may well end up playing that role later.

As for people mentioning Dadonov, Rust etc, they may well never play in the AHL. I can't confess to knowing Dadonov's stance on the NHL, but i'd much rather he developed in Russia. Lee, LaPoint, Rust will all likely finish their NCAA careers first, though i could see LaPoint or Rust going Pro before their NCAA eligibility runs out.

It seems Matthias is now expected to make the team.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Ellerby as the #1 Dman would be a mistake, surely he isn't ready straight away to log that many minutes? I don't think Ellerby will have a smooth transition, i can see him struggling for awhile.

Someonelike Beaverson would be alot more ready for steady minutes.

I'd be suprised if McArdle became the 2nd line winger, seeing as he failed to do much last year. He may well end up playing that role later.

As for people mentioning Dadonov, Rust etc, they may well never play in the AHL. I can't confess to knowing Dadonov's stance on the NHL, but i'd much rather he developed in Russia. Lee, LaPoint, Rust will all likely finish their NCAA careers first, though i could see LaPoint or Rust going Pro before their NCAA eligibility runs out.

It seems Matthias is now expected to make the team.
Ellerby is the best defenseman they have. I think he'll be OK as their #1 d-man.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 10:57 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Ellerby is the best defenseman they have. I think he'll be OK as their #1 d-man.
You are mistaking Potential for current ability. People like Beaverson etc are far more seasoned, being much older and playing against elder competition. McArdle, Collins last year struggled to adapt to the AHL. Ellerby i expect to stick with the Americans all year, but don't expect him to be great to start with.

Old
07-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
You are mistaking Potential for current ability. People like Beaverson etc are far more seasoned, being much older and playing against elder competition. McArdle, Collins last year struggled to adapt to the AHL. Ellerby i expect to stick with the Americans all year, but don't expect him to be great to start with.
I understand what you mean about Beaverson being more experienced playing against older players, but Ellerby is still probably better now. Ellerby should do fine IMO.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 11:14 AM
PattyLaLa16

Collins really struggled last year and went long stretches without doing anything. I could see him opening night on the 4th line but I like the potential grit of that line with MacIntyre and Duco.

As far as McArdle on the 2nd line. He's got the talent to be there. He started on the second line last season before injuries and mediocre play buried him down the depth chart. If he can stay healthy and play 70 or so games he should be right in thick of things on the Top 6.

PattyLaLa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 11:19 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Collins really struggled last year and went long stretches without doing anything. I could see him opening night on the 4th line but I like the potential grit of that line with MacIntyre and Duco.

As far as McArdle on the 2nd line. He's got the talent to be there. He started on the second line last season before injuries and mediocre play buried him down the depth chart. If he can stay healthy and play 70 or so games he should be right in thick of things on the Top 6.
I can see that happening, though with Frolik and Repik the top 6 has less room that last year. To me, Repik can make the jump successful, i think he is going to be awesome.

I'd assume Meyer and Stewart would be in the top 6, due to them being older. Frolik and Repik are the two most talented players on American squads next year, so they'll play on the top 6. I guess that leaves two spots, or if Sprukts signs then one.

Old
07-26-2008, 12:45 PM
sabrefan27

Ellerby as the top defensive prospect should, and will, be paired with the only veteran on defense which is Fitzpatick.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

I agree, I LOVE Duco! He will provide great grit to that line and as for McArdle, I think people count him off due to production, but he got injured... He has blazing speed and I really see alot of David Booth in him!!! Similar to McArdle is Calla, I really like the 2 of them. There is alot of speed on that team with Frolik, Repik, McArdle, Calla and even Stewie and Ellerby... I am just excited to cheer them on!

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote