HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester rejects multi-year deal

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2008, 10:11 AM
FlaPanthers7

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester rejects multi-year deal

Quote:
Bouwmeester Rejects Multi-Year Deal From Panthers
All-Star Defenseman Will Go To Arbitration Later This Month

MIAMI -- Restricted free agent Jay Bouwmeester has reportedly turned down a multi-year contract offer from the Florida Panthers and will go forward with his arbitration hearing scheduled for July 29.

Several reports say the all-star defenseman turned down a deal worth more than $5 million per season....

http://www.local10.com/sports/16979333/detail.html

If Martin doesn't trade him before the hearing in the next 4 days, this could end up worse than the Luongo fiasco. It's apparent that Bouwmeester does not want to be in Florida beyond this year. A blurb in the Miami Herald a few days ago mentioned this as well as Jay's agent saying they were preparing for the hearing now. Doesn't sound like any counter-offers are even being considered.

Let the offers continue.

Last edited by Chainshot: 07-25-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: No full article quotes, thanks
Old
07-25-2008, 10:18 AM
algernon

Hmm. I will offer:
Kipper and Regher and a 1st for
Vokoun, Bouwmeester and a 2nd...

"Flame away"

Old
07-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Judge Sauer*

Hamrlik, Higgins, O'B and 1st

Flame away *******

Old
07-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Lars Eller, Nikolai Lemtyugov, Steve Wagner/Roman Polak/Jeff Woywitka, Any STL Goalie prospect.

Two forwards with top-6 capabilities, choice of offensive/defensive/2-way D-man, and a goalie. Feel free to peruse the STL prospect pool for counter-proposals, but I don't think JD/Pleua would (or would even have to) give up Berglund, Oshie, Pietrangelo, Perron, EJ or Cole to make a deal. They've got plenty of other pieces to make it happen, including roster players (Jackman, Stempniak, McClemment, etc).

Florida is basically up against it and is not going to get equal quality back...quantity for quality is about what you can expect...and I'd imagine that's about as good as it's going to get quality wise. (The STL 2009 1st rounder is NOT on the table).

Old
07-25-2008, 10:24 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Round Pick View Post
Hamrlik, Higgins and 1st

Flame away *******
/flame

Old
07-25-2008, 10:29 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain View Post
Lars Eller, Nikolai Lemtyugov, Steve Wagner/Roman Polak/Jeff Woywitka, Any STL Goalie prospect.

Two forwards with top-6 capabilities, choice of offensive/defensive/2-way D-man, and a goalie. Feel free to peruse the STL prospect pool for counter-proposals, but I don't think JD/Pleua would (or would even have to) give up Berglund, Oshie, Pietrangelo, Perron, EJ or Cole to make a deal. They've got plenty of other pieces to make it happen, including roster players (Jackman, Stempniak, McClemment, etc).

Florida is basically up against it and is not going to get equal quality back...quantity for quality is about what you can expect...and I'd imagine that's about as good as it's going to get quality wise. (The STL 2009 1st rounder is NOT on the table).
Thats awful quantity. Eller is a good prospect, but was perhaps flattered by where he went in retrospect. I wouldn't be suprised if Eller never played an NHL game. Nik Lem isn't going to doing anything special on our top lines. Thats just an awful deal. Never make a deal again.

Bouwmeester even if he is considered as a rental, has to be considered equal value to Campbell atleast, which equated to a 1st and Bernier. Eller + crap is not that.

You'd assume any Bouwmeester deal that happens has a promise that Bouwmeester will sign with them longterm. So, whilst his value is lowered, he is unlikely to possess the value of just a rental.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Tarpan

You guys took Todd Bertuzzi for Luongo, do you think we can ditch Taylor Pyatt on you for Bouwmeester?

Old
07-25-2008, 10:32 AM
bp13

Kessel, Mark Stuart and a 1st in '09.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Jeffro

Lars Eller, Ian Cole and the St. Louis first in 2010.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Thats awful quantity. Eller is a good prospect, but was perhaps flattered by where he went in retrospect. I wouldn't be suprised if Eller never played an NHL game. Nik Lem isn't going to doing anything special on our top lines. Thats just an awful deal. Never make a deal again.

Bouwmeester even if he is considered as a rental, has to be considered equal value to Campbell atleast, which equated to a 1st and Bernier. Eller + crap is not that.

You'd assume any Bouwmeester deal that happens has a promise that Bouwmeester will sign with them longterm. So, whilst his value is lowered, he is unlikely to possess the value of just a rental.
Bernier + late 1st < Eller, Lemtyugov, Wowyitka, Bishop, (or combination of roster players such as Stempniak, Brewer, Jackman, whomever) Feel free to be insulted, but the package is far from crap. And after watching what Jokinen brought back to S. Florida, I think you'd be lucky to bring back such a package for JBo.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Trevor Lewis, Thomas Hickey, Jeff Zatkoff and a conditional 1st round pick.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
I could almost assure you that Florida will not trade him to another team in the East when they trade him. That will hurt the return they get but it will also prevent having to face him multiple times per season.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Jag68Sid87

Ryan Whitney, Darryl Sydor and a 3rd round draft pick in 2010 for J-Bo.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Pascal

Considering the return on Jokinen...

Brisebois, Dandeneault, a 2nd, AND Mathieu Biron (3 defensemen!!!!!!!) plus a choice of 10 Easton sticks or 3 pairs of shiny skates.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Mr Scarface*

That's rough on a playa u heard me. That's rough mane.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Bernier + late 1st < Eller, Lemtyugov, Wowyitka, Bishop, (or combination of roster players such as Stempniak, Brewer, Jackman, whomever) Feel free to be insulted, but the package is far from crap. And after watching what Jokinen brought back to S. Florida, I think you'd be lucky to bring back such a package for JBo.
Bernier > Eller. Bernier whilst having his problems, is an NHL player with upside. At this point, Eller is still just a prospect, who's upside is that of a 2nd line forward

A 1st in 09 >>> everything else you have just listed. There is a reason why you have offered those guys, because the Blues do not need them. So why should the Panthers. You think we don't have prospects like Bishop, Lemmy etc?

I hate the Jokinen package, his mixture of a bad season + awful management at trades led to that. If we didn't have such awful trade pasts, i'd be confident of Bouwmeester netting alot. People are ignorant to the fact that surely even Martin would realise any trade would have to include the promise of Bouwmeester signing long-term. If not, well, he doesn't deserve to ever manage assets, again, whether thats hockey players or a production line of wigs.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Ryan Whitney, Darryl Sydor and a 3rd round draft pick in 2010 for J-Bo.
IF that was the deal, I would jump in the air, and celebrate..

Old
07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
I could almost assure you that Florida will not trade him to another team in the East when they trade him. That will hurt the return they get but it will also prevent having to face him multiple times per season.
While you are probably (actually almost certainly) right, that's a really stupid way to manage a team. If I have assets, I don't care where they end up, I want the best return possible. If I worry about WHERE my assets go, I am in essence worrying about managing someone else's team. If my intention is to beat all comers, I want to ensure that I have the best possible team...to heck with the rest.

Old
Hossa

Quote:

That's a pretty awful trade offer, one of the worst I've seen in a while. Eller's a solid prospect, but not a deal maker, and every team in the league could and would be able to offer the same quality prospects as the other guys mentioned. If that's what you think Bouwmeester is worth to the Blues that's fine, but that offer won't land him. It won't even get considered unless Jarmo has incriminating pictures of JM from their days in Ottawa.

Old
mercury

I am sure Paul Holmgren is interested.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Bank Shot

Penner + Grebeshkov + Schremp + 7th rounder........ no wait, a 6th rounder.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
I have to agree with you, sadly. The last decent trade the Panthers pulled off was getting Ozo from Carolina, and before that swindling the Isles. He was a solid addition, until he started playing 25-30 minutes a game.

Old
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Zim

I don't really know what Florida would want back for JayBo, whether they'd be looking for a more defensive or offensive heavy package. This is probably way off but what about something from Chicago like.

Skille + Barker + Lang + Brouwer/Blunden/Bertram/2nd in 09 for Jaybo?

Would that make Martin interested?

Last edited by Zim: 07-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old
07-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Gil Gunderson

Vermette+Neil

Old
07-25-2008, 10:54 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I am sure Paul Holmgren is interested.
absolutely.

hopefully he could get something together to make it happen. I am sure any trade would be contingent on a long term deal.

it would be great to have Coburn and Bouwmeester heading up your defense for the next ten years.

Closed Thread