HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O/T Dark Knight

Old
07-18-2008, 03:01 AM
bleedblue94

vCash: 500
O/T Dark Knight

just got back from the midnight showing and let me just say heath ledger's character absolutely made this movie. as good as jack nicholson was in the old movie playing the joker, his character had more of a funny undertone to it throughout the movie. ledger was unbelievably cryptic and cynical. just a heads up; this is a long film but worth it w allot of interesting turns, but i just cant get over how good ledger was in this move, single handedly turning a good film to great.

i think the aura around him in the movie, and the way he performed it certainly may have contributed to his death bc this was certainly a role that would stick w an actor just as jack nickolson warned him it might.

if you get a chance go see it

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:18 AM
The Thomas J.*

This movie was incredible! The bar has been set by Nolan & may never be reached after this MASTERPIECE.

The best entrance ever award goes to Heath Ledger. The Joker was just an asoulete madman, the emotional rollercoaster that every character goes though is just an amazing ride to watch. The acting & storyline was seemless.

Great movie. Everyone go out & see it.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 03:22 AM
rooneyowns08

I just got back from it as well and all I can Say is wow. I thought maybe Ledger's performance was getting over-hyped due to his death but it didn't he was absolutely excellent. I also thought Aaron Eckhart did an extremely good job as Harvey. Both overshadowed Bale a bit thought he wasn't bad at all. Wish they had kept Katie Holmes but I don't love Maggie Gyllenhall so that clouds my judgment a bit I guess. All in all it was a very very good movie probably hit my expectations for it which were very high. Also the sound effects used in it were excellent and really added something.

rooneyowns08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:48 AM
BlueHavok

[QUOTE=bleedblue94;14914880]just got back from the midnight showing and let me just say heath ledger's character absolutely made this movie. as good as jack nicholson was in the old movie playing the joker, his character had more of a funny undertone to it throughout the movie. ledger was unbelievably cryptic and cynical. just a heads up; this is a long film but worth it w allot of interesting turns, but i just cant get over how good ledger was in this move, single handedly turning a good film to great.

i think the aura around him in the movie, and the way he performed it certainly may have contributed to his death bc this was certainly a role that would stick w an actor just as jack nickolson warned him it might.

if you get a chance go see it[/QUOTE

I guess you read the esquire story on Heath Ledger. Did you like that piece? More improtantly, you know it was fiction right?

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 06:55 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

[QUOTE=BlueHavoc;14915375]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
just got back from the midnight showing and let me just say heath ledger's character absolutely made this movie. as good as jack nicholson was in the old movie playing the joker, his character had more of a funny undertone to it throughout the movie. ledger was unbelievably cryptic and cynical. just a heads up; this is a long film but worth it w allot of interesting turns, but i just cant get over how good ledger was in this move, single handedly turning a good film to great.

I guess you read the esquire story on Heath Ledger. Did you like that piece? More improtantly, you know it was fiction right?

The drugs wouldn't have hurt either

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 07:03 AM
BlueHavok

Quote:

if you get a chance go see it
no joke, I'm dating the author of that esquire piece. It's OT and irrelevent, just wanted to blurt it out (tom cruise style) after reading that first reply first thing in the morning. Seeing the movie tonight, with her actually....."it's all part of the plan."

Old
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
beastly115

I saw the midnight showing as well.

The Joker was absolutely nuts. Everytime he was on screen I found myself anticipating what he was going to do next. I loved the movie. Everyone needs to go see it.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 11:39 AM
bleedblue94

[QUOTE=BlueHavoc;14915375]
Quote:

no actually i didnt... maybe i will i had just seen multilple reports that nicholson had called him... what exactly are you refering to as fiction?

Old
07-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Hopefully seeing it tonight with a few friends. Definitely have high hopes for it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:21 PM
lundy

Absolutely great movie. Ledger was great, but Eckhart was solid too, obviously Bale was great as Batman.

Gotta love that make the pencil disappear trick....

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
mrhockey193195

fabulous movie

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 12:59 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
tickets were sold out when i went soo im waiting to go see it on imax at the palisades during the week

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
TheHotRock

i still feel more twisted after seeing that movie....i can only imagine what assuming the role of the joker could do to a person. what a great flick. i like bale a lot as bruce, bu ti can't stand that cartoonish growl he uses as batman. eckhart was very good and i'm not a fan of maggie g.

can't say enough about the joker. what a great way to play the character. ****ing diabolical. they need to bring that character back and i hope whoever they get is up to the task.

like i read in some review.....ledger's take on the joker made nicholson and caesar romero look like......clowns.

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:14 PM
BlueHavok

[QUOTE=bleedblue94;14917253]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
no actually i didnt... maybe i will i had just seen multilple reports that nicholson had called him... what exactly are you refering to as fiction?
http://www.esquire.com/features/heath-ledger-last-days

Old
07-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Celestial Black

Easily a must see. Can't wait to see it tomorrow night.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
ThisYearsModel

Went to the midnight showing. Excellent movie. Ledger is terrific. What a twisted soul he portrays.

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Pizza

So sad about Ledger. What a terrible tragedy.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 02:11 AM
bleedblue94

[QUOTE=BlueHavoc;14918408]
Quote:
good read... but it just seems like a piece to convince people to not tryi and guess his life and just let his soul rest in piece... more of a philosophical thing then anything

Old
07-19-2008, 03:22 AM
The Thomas J.*

I dunno why but I just had an even greater sense of loss after reading that piece.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 04:07 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I feel vindicated having hated the Jack Nicholson Joker for all these years. He was so untrue to the Joker (come on, 3rd rate grafitti in an art museum?) Heath Ledger was everything I ever wanted from a movie-Joker. An insane genius. maniacal comic. joker "costumes." the spontaneous giggling. bring that all out in his body and actions. even the disturbing way he would lick his lips. Big kudos to Ledger, the director, and the writer. All three were needed to pull this one off. Brilliant portrayal of the Joker!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 04:31 AM
Captain Monglobster

Very rarely to I spend $10 on a movie and not regret it. This movie was long, but I would have sat through another hour if I had to.

The third one has A LOT to live up to.

Also, this character will forever be associated with Heath Ledger. He made it his own, it seems a little too much (RIP).

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
good to see Heath is pulling it off. When I heard he was cast as the Joker and not Eckhart... [who I always though had a real menacing grin]... I was pretty pissed at first.

Too bad the role might've supposedly had a hand in ending the guy...

Method actors are reallllly weird people though. I mean... I just cant understand living the role like these guys.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 07:47 AM
gaglinefan

This movie is violent but lots of fun. Heath Ledger is unreal; it doesn't get much better. I really like the irony of it all; paraphrasing- that he is better than a hero, he stands for something. We all stand alone sometimes, maybe for something big, maybe not. It kind of normalizes it for what people go thru all the time. Jmho

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

This movie is perfect. 10/10. Just inceredible in every single aspect. Ledger is absolutely brilliant. This actually makes my top 5 movies of all time.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Garv23

Comic book superhero flicks aren't really my thing, but it's hard to ignore all the praise. Guess I'll have to check this out eventually. Truly is a shame with Ledger. He was an excellent actor.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote