HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Will the Habs score more goals this upcoming season then last season?

View Poll Results: More or less goals then last season?
More 20 37.04%
Less 12 22.22%
Same 22 40.74%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Will the Habs score more goals this upcoming season then last season?

The Habs had a great offensive season this past year and I've been thinking that they will be even better this coming year. We have guys like the Kostitsyns, Plekanec and Higgins who I expect to be even better this coming season. Hopefully Kovalev can score at the same rate and we get a decent season from Koivu. Plus we added Tanguay who should fit right in with our speedy offensive system.

I think we realistically have 4 guys who can get over 30 goals next year in: AKost, Kovalev, Plekanec and Higgins. I think AKost will have a shot at 40 goals next year because I think he is our best sniper.

We've got some great set up guys in SKost, Tanguay and Koivu and all three of those guys are capable of scoring 20. Throw in Latendresse in the 20 goals category aswell.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Judge Sauer*

vCash: 500
We may be on the overly optimistic side, but I am convinced that this is a better team than last season and can only do better.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:01 AM
Kebekoi

I think that the goal production will be the same because our young guns will have improved and with Tanguay in place of Ryder we can't be worse. But the other teams will know the strategy of the Habs and will play against it. No power play, no goals.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
I think that the goal production will be the same because our young guns will have improved and with Tanguay in place of Ryder we can't be worse. But the other teams will know the strategy of the Habs and will play against it. No power play, no goals.

You do realize that the Habs have been 1st on the PP for the last two seasons and were 5th the season before that, and 10th the season before that one, they have scored 347 PP goals in 1534 PP oppurtunities in the last 4 season, for an average of 22,6% (which would put them in the top 5 in any normal season)... and all of a sudden opposing teams are gonna be able to stop it... have you been watching the Habs only last season?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:35 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebekoi View Post
I think they will score about the same amount of goals. Even though I feel that with the addition of Tanguay we are a stronger team.

My reason is that other teams won't be over looking us after the regular season success we had last year. Winning the conference only means that other teams will be jacked about playing us.

07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I think they will score about the same amount of goals. Even though I feel that with the addition of Tanguay we are a stronger team.

My reason is that other teams won't be over looking us after the regular season success we had last year. Winning the conference only means that other teams will be jacked about playing us.
nice sig dude

Old
07-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

No chance with Ryder now gone

Getting Tanguay will help our offence and especially our 5 on 5 play.The pp should keep being solid with now 2 really strong pp units.I don't see why we wouldn't score more then last year

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
nice sig dude
Haha thanks, I got it from a cool poster I know.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
The Habs had a great offensive season this past year and I've been thinking that they will be even better this coming year. We have guys like the Kostitsyns, Plekanec and Higgins who I expect to be even better this coming season. Hopefully Kovalev can score at the same rate and we get a decent season from Koivu. Plus we added Tanguay who should fit right in with our speedy offensive system.

I think we realistically have 4 guys who can get over 30 goals next year in: AKost, Kovalev, Plekanec and Higgins. I think AKost will have a shot at 40 goals next year because I think he is our best sniper.

We've got some great set up guys in SKost, Tanguay and Koivu and all three of those guys are capable of scoring 20. Throw in Latendresse in the 20 goals category aswell.

As far as I'm concerned.....all signs point to yes....but that doesn't always mean anything.
We are a stronger team with the addition of Tanguay. He should score at least 60 points and hopefully Koivu will put up more points than he did last season too. But I could also see Kovalev putting up a few less points too and Plekanec and Andrei Kostitsyn may not perform the same as they did last year either.

There are too many factors that come into play.....but I hope they score 300 goals this year.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha thanks, I got it from a cool poster I know.
Stop it

Old
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I think the parts are in place to score a few more, especially if Sundin does eventually sign here.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Next Best Thing*

Voted for the same amount of goals as last year, even with Tanguay.

Is BG really trying to get me fat with all those chicken wings?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Ross MacLochness

Tough to say, the Kostitsyns are really going to take a big step forward next year IMO and Tanguay is a huge upgrade over Ryder. Not to mention Latendresse... but last year we were really unusually healthy.

I say around the same or slightly less.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Talent Analyst

I think it will be about the same. I think we will be better at every sense of the game. I think we will let less goal then last year.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote