HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garon should start Saturday

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 11:12 PM
not quite yoda

vCash: 500
Garon should start Saturday

Garon should start next game. I am not saying he should be the no1 goalie. I just think he deserves another start.

Theodore is apparently tired (that's what the coach says) so let him rest and let him regain his strength. We have had little success against the Leafs in recent seasons so why not try the other goalie against them.

Some people on these boards are trying to put Garon down for tonight's game. He won; he stopped 19 of 20 shots; he let in 1 goal on a two on one against one of the top snipers in the NHL.

Garon is not the reason we won but he was solid. He did well his last start against Minnesota. He did well when he came in vs Ottawa. Theodore's statistics have been sub par (to say the least) his last 10 games. I don't want to trade him, I don't want to dethrown him. Just let the hotter goalie next game, see if we can win 2 in a row. Let Theo re-gain his focus.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:50 PM
Zednik

Garon must be in net Saturday. Period.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:51 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Garon must be in net Saturday. Period.
Definitely. We should find out tomorrow, if CJ goes with Theodore, I'll be mighty ticked off.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=53858

thank you .

Old
02-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Blackshad

No i dont think so, i think théo should go in. Its against toronto saturday and Théo can sometime steal a game like this.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:07 AM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
No i dont think so, i think théo should go in. Its against toronto saturday and Théo can sometime steal a game like this.
Not with the way he`s been playing.Let the guy sit; let`s find out if Garon can steal a game.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:45 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Definitely. We should find out tomorrow, if CJ goes with Theodore, I'll be mighty ticked off.
You're setting yourself up for a disapointment. If I were CJ I'd start Garon for sure but I'm not and I doubt we see him starting on saturday.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:07 AM
Darz

NO!!!

THEO will and should start Saturday!!!!

Julien is going to go with his best line up possible Saturday, and that will include Theodore in net. Theodore has been a little off of late, but he hasn't played that bad and to start a goaltender contreversy this close to the end of the season considering Theodore has played awesome this season as a hole doesn't make sense.

Theodore is going to be the starter when the playoffs start (we're making it) regardless of how each goalie played their past couple of starts, so I say we start him in a game that is going to seem alot like a playoff game because of the intensity and the importance of the game to us.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:22 AM
Sam I Am

Garon should start. Period.

Theodore has been terribly weak in his last 10-15 starts. He has cost us wins we dearly need . If it continues, we will undoubtably be watching some other team come playoff time.

That said, it will never, ever happen. Julien does not have the cahones to play Garon over Theo and bear the wrath of the cretinous Rejean Tremblay and others of his ilk.

It's a sorry situation when a coach cannot elect to go with the hot hand...even if the season hangs in the balance.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:30 AM
habfan4

At some point you have to go back to Theodore, giving him the start on Saturday shows the team and Theodore himself that he has the coaches confidence.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Agalloch

Maybe I'm a little bias here but... we are in a playoff race, why not starting our "hottest" goalkeeper? Also, Garon has only played in 13 games this season, it's not a lot. I think he should play in 18-20 games this season to rest Theodore a bit for the playoffs.

That's only an opinion!

It's okay for me with Theo saturday too.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
At some point you have to go back to Theodore, giving him the start on Saturday shows the team and Theodore himself that he has the coaches confidence.

At this point and time of the year I go with the hottest goalie...right now it's Garon!
If Garon has a sub par performance I'm all for going back to Theodre and let him carry the load again! But give Garon the confidence to start back to back games. By not letting him your saying you don't beleive he can do the job!

Old
02-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Stone Cutter

I have to agree with Darz with this one. While I do realise that Théo hasn't been on the top of his game lately, we have to put our best lineup on the ice every time we can. Théo will have rested for almost 5 days at that point, if he's not back on his game, when will he? And if you don't put Théo in the net, how will you know if he's ready to play or not?

The solution here is not to put Garon in the net for a longer period of time (more consecutive games) but to find a way to put him in the net on a more regular basis (e.g. every 3 or 4 games)

Old
02-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Habber

It's times like this I'm glad I'm not a coach.

There's a solid arguement to be made both ways, and I think this is one of those times the coach has to go with his gut feeling.

It will depend on how Theo is doing in practice and generally how his demeanor is leading up to the game. If he's razor sharp in practice today and is determined to play, I think you have to give it to him. If he's looking tired or doesn't have a confident attitude, then you give it to Garon. It's very hard to make a decision like this looking in from the outside.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I would put back Theo in net right away put could be ok with 1 more start for Garon.

Theodore is really a hot and cold goalie (like all the top goalies) with more hot than cold...

Like 2 years ago, the early start of the season, the return from the all-star game and the 2-3 first games of playoffs were and possibly will be a little slow down for him... Seems like he always need a few games to gain back his form and perform like he can. I said put him back in the net as soon as possible, a lot more rest wont help imo.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
It's times like this I'm glad I'm not a coach.

There's a solid arguement to be made both ways, and I think this is one of those times the coach has to go with his gut feeling.

It will depend on how Theo is doing in practice and generally how his demeanor is leading up to the game. If he's razor sharp in practice today and is determined to play, I think you have to give it to him. If he's looking tired or doesn't have a confident attitude, then you give it to Garon. It's very hard to make a decision like this looking in from the outside.
I think the team played differently in front of Garon. Maybe they were more protective of him. But Calgary didn't bring their 'A' game either. Garon was very good, but Theo is our number one goalie and this is a big game. Maybe let Garon have the Ottawa game coming up. Garon deserves a big game, but not Toronto. We have to beat those sobs!

Old
02-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Garon played well last night and he deserves the start on Saturday. After that, start Theo. I think Theo needs a break.

Closed Thread