HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank you Jay

Old
07-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Heimy

vCash: 500
Thank you Jay

Thank you for putting this abysmal organization in front of a fact. The fact that now is the time to act with a sense of urgency. That now is the time to assemble a winning team and that you won't wait another season based on empty promises and false playoff hopes.

Whether or not your words and deeds achieve the desired result means less to me as a Florida Panther fan than knowing that you really give a damn. Thanks Jay for helping this group of procrastinators to understand that in the long run we're all dead.

Your #1 fan,

Heimyankel

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Georgia Panther

Well, if that was the message Jay was sending, which I don't think it was, then the Panthers didn't receive it very well. Biggane says the lone remaining thing on JM's to do list is hire a coach for Rochester.

"Martin said the agreement means the roster for the 2008-09 season is set."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panther...uwmeester.html

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 07-28-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added link
Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post

Well then we lose Bouwmeester for nothing July 1st, 2009.

I'm convinced that we will be in the race for 8th at the deadline - as usual - therefore rendering a Bouwmeester trade impossible, but fall short again - as usual - which causes Bouwmeester to flee town ASAP.

Oh well. I'd feel sad if I weren't so used to it.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
FlaPanthers7

Heimy, I hear ya, but I don't think this roster is one that is going to compete. I hope to god that I eat crow on that, as I am sick and tired of the losing and inconsistencies of these Panther teams over the last few years. I would like to see us take a chance on a cheap Glen Murray, a proven scorer coming off an injury-marred season, who can add veteran depth and scoring to our top 2 lines. I would like to see something other than thrusting the young guys into roles that they have not earned and then saying hopefully it'll work & Jay will resign.

Last edited by Acadmus: 07-28-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: qdp
FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I don't believe anything Biggane says unless it's been reported by Richards as well.

And thanks Jay, hopefully the Panthers make you want to stay. (This team is like a marriage on the rocks).

07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Well then we lose Bouwmeester for nothing July 1st, 2009.

I'm convinced that we will be in the race for 8th at the deadline - as usual - therefore rendering a Bouwmeester trade impossible, but fall short again - as usual - which causes Bouwmeester to flee town ASAP.

Oh well. I'd feel sad if I weren't so used to it.
While I agree with you that a playoff contending Panther team at the deadline will make a Bouwmeester deal at that time impossible, I think even a Playoff berth would not keep Jay here. One season doesn't erase almost a decade of futility and I keep coming back to Hossa, where even a Cup Final Appearance wasn't enough to keep him in Pittsburgh.

Old
07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
harv3317

so what does this mean???? bouw figued he got more than he would through arbitration. so what does that do for us???? he signed for one year and will be a ufa next year. bye, bye. we should've taken his arse to arbitration and locked him up cheaper!!!!! this does nothing for the panthers. as far as next year i see alot of teams stocking up for next year and i don't believe we're one of them!!!!! jm possibly rightfully is trying to build this team and it is still rebuilding. it will take at least one more year, possibly 2 for our fruits to blossom in the meantime bouw get's an outstanding contract under the situation and we get screwed!!!! don't like this one bit. bouw is playing hardball and we are the ball!!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
so what does this mean???? bouw figued he got more than he would through arbitration. so what does that do for us???? he signed for one year and will be a ufa next year. bye, bye. we should've taken his arse to arbitration and locked him up cheaper!!!!! this does nothing for the panthers. as far as next year i see alot of teams stocking up for next year and i don't believe we're one of them!!!!! jm possibly rightfully is trying to build this team and it is still rebuilding. it will take at least one more year, possibly 2 for our fruits to blossom in the meantime bouw get's an outstanding contract under the situation and we get screwed!!!! don't like this one bit. bouw is playing hardball and we are the ball!!!!!!!
I have read that the Panthers thought Bouw could have been awarded $5.5 mil by the Arbitrator. My feeling is Bouw took less because he didn't want the hassle of a hearing knowing he is going to make up that $700,000 many times over when he becomes a UFA on July 1, 2009.

Old
07-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Anod

Quote:
While I agree with you that a playoff contending Panther team at the deadline will make a Bouwmeester deal at that time impossible, I think even a Playoff berth would not keep Jay here. One season doesn't erase almost a decade of futility and I keep coming back to Hossa, where even a Cup Final Appearance wasn't enough to keep him in Pittsburgh.
Firstly, one season can make up for a decade of futility. When a team turns the corner, many times that team becomes a contender for years to come. This team may not look like a team to be reckoned with but rarely do teams look good on paper before they turn the corner. And how do you know how Jay feels about it? are you his personal buddy?

Secondly, hossa is a bad example because he was only with the penguins for 3 months. For all we know he could have hated the coaching style, or had not enjoyed playing with Malkin or Crosby. Who kbnows his reason for leaving but it's not like he had been there for a long time. And the fact that he left the Thrashers was because thej thrasher sucked last year. Guaranteed if we suck next year Bouwmeester ios gone. But if we do well, he could sign a short term contract maybe 2 years. Or if he likes the coaching style of DeBoer maybe he signs long term. It sounds to me like Jay has hinted that he would like to see this year play out a bit before he makes a decision.

Anod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

I'm just glad I don't have to retire the JBo jersey yet.

I'm also surprised he settled for so little. JM must have got him drunk first.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Well, if that was the message Jay was sending, which I don't think it was, then the Panthers didn't receive it very well. Biggane says the lone remaining thing on JM's to do list is hire a coach for Rochester.

Why is it you disregard Jay's words while presuming to know what he "really" means, yet you take Martin precisely at his word? Do you just like to complain?

Old
07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Heimy, I hear ya, but I don't think this roster is one that is going to compete. I hope to god that I eat crow on that, as I am sick and tired of the losing and inconsistencies of these Panther teams over the last few years. I would like to see us take a chance on a cheap Glen Murray, a proven scorer coming off an injury-marred season, who can add veteran depth and scoring to our top 2 lines. I would like to see something other than thrusting the young guys into roles that they have not earned and then saying hopefully it'll work & Jay will resign.
The D looks great but I don't like the current roster of forwards either. Hopefully Martin understands Jay means business and he's already called the Flyers and Sens to offer Matthias for Carter or Vermette. It's time to stop collecting trinkets and put a winner on the ice.

Old
07-28-2008, 06:31 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
Why is it you disregard Jay's words while presuming to know what he "really" means, yet you take Martin precisely at his word? Do you just like to complain?
Winnar!

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
It means that just like you and me, Jay is sick of losing but unlike us, he still has to go to these games. He's drawn a line in the sand. No more of this "it will take one more year" BS. Crap or get off the pot Panthers!

Old
07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I'm just glad I don't have to retire the JBo jersey yet.

I'm also surprised he settled for so little. JM must have got him drunk first.
Yeah, maybe he will use the left over to sign another scorer?

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Biggane now says Bouw has told Martin he plans to leave after the season.

"According to league sources, Bouwmeester, 24, has grown weary of the continual upheaval in the organization and has told Martin he plans to leave after next season."

PS-I e-mailed GR with the Biggane quote and he replied as follows.

have not heard that from anyone...it's assumed obviously, but I haven't gotten anything definitive like that...I think jay will give them a shred of a chance at resigning him...I have to think if he told JM that, surely he'd be gone by now...

George Richards
The Miami Herald

Last edited by Georgia Panther: 07-28-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old
07-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Biggane now says Bouw has told Martin he plans to leave after the season.

"According to league sources, Bouwmeester, 24, has grown weary of the continual upheaval in the organization and has told Martin he plans to leave after next season."
Biggane seems to be similar to Eklund... He just creates things in his head and puts in the paper... Very annoying

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Heimy

Like Anod said above, one good season of winning can cure a lot of ills. Martin just needs to handle his end of the business starting today. All the prospects and draft picks in the world won't help to remedy this situation unless they're utilized now to assemble a better 08-09 squad.

Let 'em clank Jacques! How about Frolik, Matthias and a 1st for Kopitar?

Last edited by Heimy: 07-28-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old
07-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Let 'em clank Jacques! How about Frolik, Matthias and a 1st for Kopitar?
I hope your kidding... What would be the point of that? Why not throw in Repik too

Old
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Booth10

Let 'em clank Jacques! How about Frolik, Matthias and a 1st for Kopitar? [/QUOTE]

You obviously havent seen Frolik or Matthias play. I would trade either one of those 3 for Kopitar, but not any two.

Booth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
I hope your kidding... What would be the point of that? Why not throw in Repik too
Well Heimy wants to win now, and Kopitar is much more likely to make a real impact on our offense than Matthias and Frolik together.

I wouldn't do that trade, but that's just because I don't think even adding Kopitar would make us good enough.

Trade Jay now Martin! For 1st rounder to one of the teams that have the best shot at the 1st overall. Start the rebuilding from scratch again!!!!

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Heimy

Well Booth10, I could say you obviously haven't seen Kopitar play...but instead I'll just saw we disagree and suggest you get use to hearing his name.

But in case you weren't aware, this is a guy in his 2nd season and at just 20 yrs old who's already putting up nearly a point a game. He's a game changing phenom. I'd give Frolik, Matthias and a 1st and feel like I robbed a bank to land this tremendous talent.

Old
07-29-2008, 01:33 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Well Booth10, I could say you obviously haven't seen Kopitar play...but instead I'll just saw we disagree and suggest you get use to hearing his name.

But in case you weren't aware, this is a guy in his 2nd season and at just 20 yrs old who's already putting up nearly a point a game. He's a game changing phenom. I'd give Frolik, Matthias and a 1st and feel like I robbed a bank to land this tremendous talent.
+1.
Regardless of how much promise or potential either one of those forwards have, they're nowhere near Kopitar's level right now and may never be. He's an 80 scoring 21 year old next season at least, while playing for the kings. If we could get him for Matthias and Frolik, you'd probably have to do it. For all we know, Frolik could become a bust. I LOVE the kid, same with Matthias, but for a proven, young superstar, you have to do things like that because it makes the org better now and doesn't significantly hurt us in the future.

...won't happen though, and I'm excited to see Matthias and Frolik in a panthers jersey.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 02:16 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:

As good as Kopitar is, I cant give up our top two prospects and a first rounder Heimy. Id rather package Bouw and get Frolov or Carter. I just think a package of those two and are pick are more valuable to us than Kopitar is.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2008, 03:17 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:

There is no question Kopitar is a good player... So what would Kopitar being here change from when Jokinen was here... Our first could potentially be Tavares or Hedman and your saying to give 2 kids that we have for atleast 7 years and 3 at reasonable deals for a player who is going to demand a ton of money after this contract and another Euro... We've seen the end of our days of having our best players being Euro. Look what Carolina has done, when they were winning they did not have 1 Euro, only Nik Wallin, now they are trying to leave the North American game plan and added players such as Samsonov, Ruutu, Pitkanen... We will see how that turns out for them