HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Primeau news

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
panayiotis

vCash: 500
Primeau news

Pierre McGuire mentioned that he is not well enough to get on the bike. Holik is a such *******. I just hope Primeau has a chance to get him before all is said and done. later....

Old
02-20-2004, 05:35 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

this slide won't end untill he gets back, they need his leadership

Old
02-20-2004, 05:59 PM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Holik is a such *******.
I agree whole heartedly. It was a dirty hit on Primeau. Holik came across with an elbow and caught Primeau while Primeau wasn't even a part of the play. Of course, the league does nothing about it and Holik continues to play. A journalist from Colorado was right when he said that the league treats its players like pieces of meat. However, I'm disappointed that Hitch didn't send someone out to do anything about it. It's a god damn joke that our best players continue to get hurt and abused and tough guys can't do their jobs to police each other. I'm hoping that in the CBA discussions, the players union lobbies to have the Instigator rule thrown out. I'd guarantee that if the rule wasn't in place, Holik wouldn't be taking so many liberties and that he'd have to answer for his "sins".

Old
02-20-2004, 06:04 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
I agree..
I would also say, screw the instigator rule... send brash out there to get him back... he gets thrown out, so what? thats his job. the flyers goons suck, they never stick up for the top players. I dont know if that's hitch's doing or they just are lazy

Old
02-20-2004, 06:42 PM
stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplush76
I agree..
I would also say, screw the instigator rule... send brash out there to get him back... he gets thrown out, so what? thats his job. the flyers goons suck, they never stick up for the top players. I dont know if that's hitch's doing or they just are lazy
At the time of the injury, it was a tied game, and they ended up winning that game, 2-1. I'd much prefer the win over retribution, given a choice between the two. As Kevin Lowe was once credited with saying, "let's get back at them by beating them."

The problem I have with Holik's version ("I didn't see him") is that he was skating in that direction when they collided. He could be telling the truth for all I know. It is too bad that he doesn't answer the bell. For as "weasely" as Claude Lemiuex was for nailing Kris Draper from behind in the Western Conference Finals a few years ago, at least he had the backbone to fight Darren McCarty when challenged at the start of their first meeting the following season. Holik don't give the slightest inkling that he has this same quality.

Old
02-20-2004, 06:48 PM
BrimFullofAsham45

That Holik hit was barely dirty.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning_to_Fly
That Holik hit was barely dirty.
And my wife happens to be barely pregnant. :p

Old
02-20-2004, 11:46 PM
MojoJojo

The hit looked innocent enough. There are two things I dont like about it. First, Holik followed through with his elbow, second is that he turned his head away from Primeau right before the hit. Looks like a accident, but Holik is one of those players who knows how to make accidents happen, so you have to look at it closely.

Old
02-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Steve L*

He adimitted he saw the hit coming and braced himself for it. He did not try to avoid hitting a player in a prone position.

Dirty - Yes, illegal - No.

Old
02-21-2004, 07:11 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Hitch did send Brash our to get Holik the next game, Saturday in Philly. You saw Brash chasing Holik around, trying to get Holik to go.....that's the only action you'll get out of Holik. He will not drop the gloves and fight. Plays gritty and sometimes dirty, but he will not drop the gloves at all. Especially now, with Simon, Purinton, and Barnaby to do that kinda dirty work for him.

Old
02-21-2004, 07:22 AM
blah

They play twice more. Gonna go out on a short limb and say they'll both be ugly.

Old
02-21-2004, 08:11 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
They play twice more. Gonna go out on a short limb and say they'll both be ugly.
I'd venture to say I agree with you. The Rags have a bunch of "grudge" games coming up. Don't know if anyone else saw the Rags-Isles game Thursday night or not (thank God for the CenterIce package!), but we're talking old-time hockey! And the two have a rematch this coming Thursday night in Uniondale....should be another playoff-type atmosphere.

Old
02-22-2004, 08:11 AM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
And my wife happens to be barely pregnant. :p
Congratulations (barely).

Old
02-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Congratulations (barely).
This site really warms the old heart.

Old
02-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Both home games- but the Rags won't care by that point- mathematically eliminated for sure

Closed Thread