HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Defense

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Bennevol10

vCash: 500
Flyers Defense

I am extremly concern the way Flyers defense players covering the opponent players down low... Don't give me the excuse that Primeau is out that's why... He is a center not a defense player... It's a very simple thing you cover your man... Don't let the opponent players run around you and shoot the puck and get his own rebound and then score on the next shoot ... I don't know what's wrong with the team or coaching stuffs... They should do something about it...

Old
02-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Winston Wolf

Don't worry about it. Sure our defense hasn't been great as a whole the last handful of games, but once Desjardins is back Therien should be sitting. Seriously, I'm not even trying to bash Therien here, but he honestly has been responsible for like 75% of the costly mistakes committed by the defense. That's a staggering number for a guy who only plays like 16-18 minutes a night. I'm confident when Desjardins and/or Seidenberg come back that our problems will be solved.

Old
02-21-2004, 11:43 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Don't worry about it. Sure our defense hasn't been great as a whole the last handful of games, but once Desjardins is back Therien should be sitting. Seriously, I'm not even trying to bash Therien here, but he honestly has been responsible for like 75% of the costly mistakes committed by the defense. That's a staggering number for a guy who only plays like 16-18 minutes a night. I'm confident when Desjardins and/or Seidenberg come back that our problems will be solved.
Well, and Primeau, even though we're not "supposed to use that excuse." You can't put a monetary value on a guy who can shut down top stars of the opposing teams effectively and consistently. There's a reason that just today we picked up our second win without Primeau, and our goals allowed skyrocketed.

EDIT: Oh, and just an fyi to bennevol, being an elite shutdown defensive player is a lot more than just "man to man" coverage.

Closed Thread