HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Mark Parrish On Waivers!

Old
07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

vCash: 500
Just got back from my road trip and saw this news along with the Bouw news. I would love to have Parrish back in Florida.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
I disagree, Olesz has shown flashes of brilliance in the few years he's been in the league, but Martin (not surprisingly) has turned him into a defensive forward, which obviously is needed but under Deboer I'm hoping his speed and finesse will finally be let loose and I think Olesz is a guy who can put up 30 goals. Himself and Booth will hopefully be those secondary pure scorers that are needed behind Horton and of course Weiss, who I think will be more of a playmaker (if anyone isn't a good finisher it's Weiss, but he's smart and patient with the puck and can find those lanes and make a good pass, much like Stillman.

On Parrish - The guy has scored 30 goals once in his career and hasn't scored 20 in 3 or 4 years if I'm not mistaken. PASS
HE has shown flashes of playing damn good hockey, but until then, he's not a great finisher. He needs to grow into that role. I dont think he knows himself what he is capable of. I hope DeBoer will bring out the best in him, but for now, hes too accustomed to passing and not shooting, when he has a hell of a shot.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
harv3317

as i said earlier, i'd love to have parrish back at 1.4-1.5 per year!!!!! if he gets bought out that is a possibility.
question is i don't remember him to be very fast on his skates. am i mistaking?

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Parrish has been bought out.

Martin would be remiss in his responsibilities if he didn't at least give him a low-ball offer.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
I don't understand why there is so much uneasiness about our roster. Martin has clearly stated on many occasions that he knows Matthias, Frolik, and even Repik are ready for the big time and can make an impact at this stage in their development...I would much rather see one of these guys on the team come opening night than another injury-prone vet...

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
I don't understand why there is so much uneasiness about our roster. Martin has clearly stated on many occasions that he knows Matthias, Frolik, and even Repik are ready for the big time and can make an impact at this stage in their development...I would much rather see one of these guys on the team come opening night than another injury-prone vet...
Looking at the problems the Cats had last year, I don't think having an extra body arround who can chip in 15 or more goals is a bad thing. The team's goal scoring is a bit questionable, and you never know how many injuries are going to occur.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Knowing they are ready is one thing, actually being ready is another. I don't know how u can say Repik & Frolik are ready considering neither has played in the NHL yet. I would much rather see them both take their lumps in the AHL first and work their way onto the team.

Matthias showed us in his callup last season he could play, then again I would rather him win his place on the team rather than be handed the reins b/c we're to cheap to sign talent.

Again, if Parrish would accept an offer around 1.5 mil you have to take a shot.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Well I guess some of us have a really hard time believing that.... we will have enough room for youngsters with or without Parrish.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 07:26 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
I think Parrish would be a great pick up for this team. At least then we would have somebody else besides Booth who stands his ground in front of the net. This move would also allow us to start Frolik in the AHL and he can still come up when we have injuries which we've been unable to avoid the last 2 seasons. We can't just expect our youngsters to lead this team and throw them to the wolves. Look at what happened with Weiss, Horton & Bouwmeester because of doing that. It stalled their development. And then look at Kreps & Booth, they started in the AHL and then were brought up and I think they've developed nicely. They have both been a great addition to our lineup. This is something we need IMO and would go along way in helping us fight for a playoff spot too.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I think Parrish would be a great pick up for this team. At least then we would have somebody else besides Booth who stands his ground in front of the net. This move would also allow us to start Frolik in the AHL and he can still come up when we have injuries which we've been unable to avoid the last 2 seasons. We can't just expect our youngsters to lead this team and throw them to the wolves. Look at what happened with Weiss, Horton & Bouwmeester because of doing that. It stalled their development. And then look at Kreps & Booth, they started in the AHL and then were brought up and I think they've developed nicely. They have both been a great addition to our lineup. This is something we need IMO and would go along way in helping us fight for a playoff spot too.
It may also allow Matthias to develop in the A instead of thrusting him into a top role which he may not be ready for.

Old
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
harv3317

jm, offer this guy a one. or two deal at 1.5 mill. per and see if he bites. it vwould be a very good pick up and allow mark the opportunity to re-establish his abilities with us!!!!
p.s. how is his speed??????

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
FlaPanthers7

Predators interested in Parrish
Posted: Thursday July 31, 2008 07:02AM ET

The Predators have expressed some interest in offensive-minded forward Mark Parrish, who was waived by the Wild on Wednesday. Parrish's agent, John Vollan, said the Predators were one of a number of teams that contacted him Wednesday. The Wild bought out Parrish's contract, making him an unrestricted free agent. The Predators could find themselves in need of offensive help. Alexander Radulov wants to leave the team to play in Russia and Steve Sullivan's back injury has kept him off the ice since February 2007.

Tennessean

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nhl

Hmmmm, the Preds have the right idea - though losing Radulov for Parrish is no consolation!

Old
07-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
jm, offer this guy a one. or two deal at 1.5 mill. per and see if he bites. it vwould be a very good pick up and allow mark the opportunity to re-establish his abilities with us!!!!
p.s. how is his speed??????
Well, Parrish was never a good skater, but I've seen a couple Wild fans in the last few days say that he's slow. I don't know if he's gotten slower with age, or if he's the same as he used to be. I hope he hasn't gotten slower, because he was an average skater at best in his Panther days.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
39ontheline

Oh god not this, why not just sign tom fitzgerald and mike hough. Parrish is terrible now. Unless of course they could trade him for luongo again........

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 10:45 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
Oh god not this, why not just sign tom fitzgerald and mike hough. Parrish is terrible now. Unless of course they could trade him for luongo again........
He scored 16 goals in an injury-marred season, that's still good enough for top 3 (beyond Horts & Booth) in scoring on this team considering Olli is gone!

The guy can score 20 goals and will probably be had on the cheap. If you have Olesz and Booth as our net crashers, you can even put Parrish on the 3rd line to balance out the scoring. We need some veterans who can actually score and not hang out on our bottom 2 lines like Peltonen, Maclean & Dvo. Those guys do the dirty work, yeah, but you have to score goals to win. The defense can't always be perfect and hold the opponents to 1 or 2 goals per game.

Old
08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
He scored 16 goals in an injury-marred season, that's still good enough for top 3 (beyond Horts & Booth) in scoring on this team considering Olli is gone!

The guy can score 20 goals and will probably be had on the cheap. If you have Olesz and Booth as our net crashers, you can even put Parrish on the 3rd line to balance out the scoring. We need some veterans who can actually score and not hang out on our bottom 2 lines like Peltonen, Maclean & Dvo. Those guys do the dirty work, yeah, but you have to score goals to win. The defense can't always be perfect and hold the opponents to 1 or 2 goals per game.
Score goal to win? So trading Olli was a step in the right direction. Mark Parrish wont do a thing for this team. You know a non playoff lottery bound team?? How come all the hometown fans are the only ones out there think this team is headed somewhere other than the basement?? Peltonen +Dvo dont do anything beyond wasting a roster space and if parrish signed here (which he wont unless he hates inning) he'd be more of the same 3rd line garbage this team is filled with. If they were so worried about goal scoring they'd have kept olli. Cant wait til Jay is gone and we have guys like rhett warrener to look fwd to as a replacement.......

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:28 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
As much as I'd like the Parrish of old, he has slowed down considerably in the last few seasons. I'll pass on him being on my wishlist.

He doesn't fit the Martin mold, nor would he have the speed to keep up with DeBoer's plan for this offense.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote