HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobcat on the FAN wants Kolzig...

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 03:53 PM
ComrieFanatic

vCash: 500
Bobcat on the FAN wants Kolzig...

Listening to the FAn right now and Bob McCowan wants the Leafs to pick up Kolzig and use him as their goalie for this year and then a few years after the potetntial lock out. I dont know why he wants this when Eddie is a top 3 goalie when healthy....everyone seems to think that Eddie is done for this season....

Old
02-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic
Listening to the FAn right now and Bob McCowan wants the Leafs to pick up Kolzig and use him as their goalie for this year and then a few years after the potetntial lock out. I dont know why he wants this when Eddie is a top 3 goalie when healthy....everyone seems to think that Eddie is done for this season....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bobcat has no business talking about any sport at all. He claims he hates pretty much every sport and says he doesn't even watch hockey anymore yet he feels the need to comment. The man has been and will always be a complete moron.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Bobcat is the grinch of sports reporters. He's a good talker, but that's all, and like Savage said, he hates nearly all sports and goes out of his way not to watch them (did any of you hear his rant prior to the superbowl on the morning show?).

Kolzig would not make a good dance partner for Belfour and unless Eddie's done for the season then shouldn't even be considered. Eddie's play is contrary to most goalies in that most of the time a goalie excells in play when there's competition for the number 1 spot, not Eddie. He plays best when he's comfortable.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Bobcat is the grinch of sports reporters. He's a good talker, but that's all, and like Savage said, he hates nearly all sports and goes out of his way not to watch them (did any of you hear his rant prior to the superbowl on the morning show?).

Kolzig would not make a good dance partner for Belfour and unless Eddie's done for the season then shouldn't even be considered. Eddie's play is contrary to most goalies in that most of the time a goalie excells in play when there's competition for the number 1 spot, not Eddie. He plays best when he's comfortable.
I can't even tell you how happy I was when the Super Bowl ratings came out. I wish I could say it made him feel 2 feet smaller but his egos so big he still thinks he's right.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Sil

Send a message via ICQ to Sil Send a message via MSN to Sil
Bob McCown's great fun to listen to except on the topic of the Leafs, where his negativity really steps up a notch. He even projected them to miss the playoffs before this season started. On issues to do with the business of sports like new stadium deals, contraction, the problems with the NHL, and so on, he's on the ball and definitely knows what's up.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:19 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil
Bob McCown's great fun to listen to except on the topic of the Leafs, where his negativity really steps up a notch. He even projected them to miss the playoffs before this season started. On issues to do with the business of sports like new stadium deals, contraction, the problems with the NHL, and so on, he's on the ball and definitely knows what's up.
im pretty sure storman norman said that they would have a bad season as well, and he is a huge Leaf fan.

Maple Leafs, God's Team in the National Hockey League!

Old
02-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Savage

Quote:
im pretty sure storman norman said that they would have a bad season as well, and he is a huge Leaf fan.

Maple Leafs, God's Team in the National Hockey League!
I think you're thinking of Damein Cox who hates them with a passion.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Leaf Army

Ah yes. Now I remember why I rarely listen to the Fan anymore. Too much verbal diarrhea.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Sil

Send a message via ICQ to Sil Send a message via MSN to Sil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
No, as I recall he's right it was Norm, but he wasn't so bloody arrogant in his doom-n-gloom prediction.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:31 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Norm said it near the start of the season when they got off to the slow start, and him and Roger Legoi (spelling?) where talking about changes that needed to be made.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Savage

Quote:
Norm said it near the start of the season when they got off to the slow start, and him and Roger Legoi (spelling?) where talking about changes that needed to be made.
Shows what I know

I don't listen to Norm but I've heard he's a big Leafs fan and pretty knowledgable so I just didn't think someone like that would have such a knee jerk reaction.

Old
02-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
kolzig would be great insurance case eddies back does act up

boy were gonna after a cup

do what it takes!

Old
02-19-2004, 04:59 PM
ComrieFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
kolzig would be great insurance case eddies back does act up

boy were gonna after a cup

do what it takes!
this would only hurt us making eddie feel uncomfortable

Old
02-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
r professional athletes that sensatvie

if his back goes were up the creek without a paddle

Old
02-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour's Way
r professional athletes that sensatvie

if his back goes were up the creek without a paddle
Not normally, but history would dictate the opposite with Eddie. Look what happened in Dallas with Turco when the games were becomming evenly split. If we were to bring in someone for net then it should be someone like Fernandez, a great back up who carried Minnesota to the SCF's last year or even Gerber. Both can accept their roles as back up and leave no question as to who's #1 and should Eddie go down they are capable of stepping in as a reliable goalie. Both also RFA's after this season so can be traded to another team for picks in the off season 'or' kept around if Eddie decides to hang them up and split duties allowing us to groom Tellqvist. Neither will come cheap though.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:30 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bobcat has no business talking about any sport at all. He claims he hates pretty much every sport and says he doesn't even watch hockey anymore yet he feels the need to comment. The man has been and will always be a complete moron.
agreed 100%

Old
02-20-2004, 11:49 AM
BringITon

Bobcat soetimes makes sense and this time he made no sense at all. So guess what, I called him yesterday and gave him my point of view. Basically this is what I said,

ME- " How many times have we seen a above average defense make an mediocre goalie look like a star?"

BOB- " Yes, but the same could happen the other way around"

ME- " So you are saying that because Tellqvist and Kidd have some off nights that makes Kolzig that much more superior?"

BOB- " What has Kidd or Tellqvist proven?"

ME- "What has Kolzig proven? Has he won a cup? No. Has played great and kept Washington in every game despite their weak defense" No. So what has he proven?"

BOB- " He is a veteran pressence in the lockere room and a goalie that you know will give 110%. Not to mention he is an all-star which is still under contract after this year that can step in for Belfour."

ME- " Bob, we have plenty of leaders in the dressing room, and the last thing we need is another. Not to mention if Blefour is healthy who do you play?"

BOB- " You obviously play Belfour, but at least you have insurance!"

ME- " Right, BOB and Kolzig would be a great influence in the dressing room sulking when he is not playing. The way to go is defence and if they can pickup 2 decent defencemen then Blefour or whom ever will stand his ground admirably. Thanks BOB I will hang up and listen to your comments."

BOB- " I am not saying that the last caller is incorrect in his assessment but I still believe if you think that this is your year then you go out and get a goaltender. We'll take more of you calls after the break on the Fan590".

That is how it went ladies and gents. Ironically, Damien Cox was on after the call ins and he mentioned he agreed with my assessment. Maybe I should be on radio!!!

Closed Thread