HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Filppula re-signs 5yr $15mil

Old
07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
i called this months ago.. I knew he would get the same deal as kronwall and im VERY pleased. If the kid could learn to be a consistant finisher, he would be a 30 goal player.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 03:53 AM
hanrahan

Det GM knows how to sign players <3 Gotta love Holland

hanrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 04:30 AM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Filpulla 3,000,000
I still like that nickname

Sour milk vagina!

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:43 AM
RabbinsDuck

Quote:
Hudler has St. Louis's size, but you have to be born with the speed and skating Marty has. You can't just "learn" it working hard.
Well, Hudler is never going to lead the league like St. Louis has... but Hudler has twice the offensive potential Filppula has, and on a team with solid two-way forwards coming out its ears, IMO, Hudler is more important. Filppula will never "learn" the offensive awareness Hudler has shown at every level.

RabbinsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Angels for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbinsDuck View Post
Well, Hudler is never going to lead the league like St. Louis has... but Hudler has twice the offensive potential Filppula has, and on a team with solid two-way forwards coming out its ears, IMO, Hudler is more important. Filppula will never "learn" the offensive awareness Hudler has shown at every level.
absolutely..

Hudler's got scary vision.

don't ask me why though. I just don't see him being a long term wing, even though i love the guy. maybe because he;s just too streaky

Flip will be a wing for a long time - maybe career

Angels for Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Schroedingers Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
Except St. Louis didn't have to work on his speed or skating. He was lightning fast (no pun intended) from the moment he stepped on the NHL ice. He was ever playing on the PK. His only problem was finding a coach willing to give him big minutes to utilize it. Hudler has St. Louis's size, but you have to be born with the speed and skating Marty has. You can't just "learn" it working hard.
Increasing leg strength, stamina, and balance naturally increases speed and skating, which is what Hudler has done every offseason for the last two years while Flip has not noticably improved in any aspect of his game while getting the majority of his minutes playing with 20 goal veterans or on the first line with Datsyuk.

It's also what enabled Draper to go from being a decent 3rd line center to being a selke-caliber defensive forward.

And to whoever says Hudler gets legitimate chances at the top-6, 4-5 minutes on a scoring line once every few months does not constitute a "chance". Babcock yo-yoing Hudler up to a scoring line when the team is decimated by injuries and then immediately saying "oh well, didn't work" is a joke.

It would probably be better for Hudler's career if he were sent to a team that would give him an honest shot. As Hudler, you have to be thinking that you are going to be the first player sat\dumped when times get hard. I will be surprised if he even gives the Wings a shot to sign him. I think he's going to go straight to UFA or sit out no matter his situation.

Schroedingers Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:04 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordark View Post
The search function isn't allowing me to go back and retrieve posts, but I distinctly recall that number being considered high, when it was signed, for a player who had yet to deliver in the post-season.

Even ignoring that for the moment, if you believe Datsyuk took less to stay in Detroit by taking 6.7 mil per in 2007's market with playoff questions, do you not think it's a tad unreasonable to expect Zetterberg to sign for roughly the same amount given 2009's inflated market and his recent Conn Smythe?
I agree the number was considered high the day Datsyuk signed it. However a few months later on July 1st it looked like a great deal.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 08:54 PM
cmccallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Has potential to be a complete steal for Detroit. Filpulla was one of Detroits better players in the SCF.
He also was playing hurt!.

cmccallum is offline   Reply With Quote