HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Charile stephens why we trade him??

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2004, 01:17 PM
qwert

vCash: 500
Charile stephens why we trade him??

This kid id a great hockey player, he is now lighting it up in thw ahl, eventhough he was in the uhl at the first, but his talent must have been obovios to see..

Old
02-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Brock

I think there must have been much more behind the scenes, stuff that we as the consumer didn't see. Whether it was an attitude problem he was showing to the organization, or a fued with the coaching staff in Hershey. Whatever be it.

Either way, I do somewhat agree that It was very poor asset management. And even if Charilie Stephens isn't a BIG time prospect, he remains one of the only forward prospects in the organization with any glimmer of hope at the NHL.

Ottawa fans are exstatic about this trade so far because Stephens has been playing very well in Binghampton.

Old
02-20-2004, 02:09 PM
DarioinDenver

I think it's all about his attitude.

He's arrogent, yet can be totally uninspired about his game at the same time.

He had serious off the ice incident resulting in assault charges when he and his brother allegedly jumped a guy in a Walmart parking lot at 2 am (game the next day might I add).

He played like the AHL allstar he was the first half of last year then couldn't buy a point or assist thereafter. He totally funked out and showed no emotional commitment to break out of it.

He was a draft reentry when Colorado drafted him for a reason. I think Colorado figered out just way a little late. I've the feeling he's a cancer from general observations. His production picking up after the trade is pretty predictable. If he keeps it up over 50 game period then I'll be impressed.

Closed Thread