HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Brian Sutter will be back

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2004, 02:57 PM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Brian Sutter will be back

For those Hawks fans hoping that Sutter would be fired before next year, the trade yesterday with the Flyers has to be considered a bad sign.

The trade for the Hawks wasn't a bad one, but when you look a bit deeper, it shows the power of Sutter.

The two players the Hawks received, Vandermeer & Fraser, both play(ed) their Jr. hockey in Red Deer, for the Sutter family. Both came highly regarded from Brent Sutter.

I can't see them getting rid of Brian Sutter anytime soon.

Old
02-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
For those Hawks fans hoping that Sutter would be fired before next year, the trade yesterday with the Flyers has to be considered a bad sign.

The trade for the Hawks wasn't a bad one, but when you look a bit deeper, it shows the power of Sutter.

The two players the Hawks received, Vandermeer & Fraser, both play(ed) their Jr. hockey in Red Deer, for the Sutter family. Both came highly regarded from Brent Sutter.

I can't see them getting rid of Brian Sutter anytime soon.
Sutter probably wont be fired until he retires. He is the third member of 'the family' here in chicago (Wirtz-Pulford-Sutter). He's in on all of the goings on with chicago. we're gonna be a bottom feeder for at least the next 10 years or so.

Old
02-20-2004, 04:22 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
If a GM and a coach don't get along, and the GM gets fired, the coach has plenty of pull and favour with the owners. Sutter will be around until he pisses off Wirtz.

Old
02-20-2004, 04:37 PM
fullmetalninja

I never wanted another Sutter in chicago. I still don't think B Sutter is the best coach for our situation. But if we strip him of all the veterans- and force him to play kids... I'll let him die on his on sword.

We have bigger problems.

I don't think its that cut and dry though. All of the hawks brass *love* trent yawney. Especially Dale Tallon- who could be the GM as soon as the CBA is done. And unlike Sutter, Yawney is a better teacher on the ice. It could come down to Sutter/Yawney this offseason- and I dont' know who will win out.

-fullmetalninja

Old
02-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Bandwagoner

You know, like it or not, Brian Sutter is a great coach. Most people forget it was him at the realms in Calgary when a young Jarome Iginla was developing. The argument that Brian isn't a good fit for a young team is brutal. And being a hardcore Flames fan, and not seeing our team make the playoffs for umpteen years, I know about losing and rebuilding. It's just has taken so long because we got rid of Brian in the first place. It is now taking another Sutter to actually put us in contention this year.

Closed Thread