HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Holy ****

Old
08-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tollb2 View Post
well what i read is the victim had already been stabed and dead before anyone realy knew what was goin on ... no point in pulling hero to try to save a dead person. the guy in front of him did the right thing in getting eveyone off the bus and holding the door closed while the man had the knife through the door .. that is pretty heroic to me
Agreed, by telling the bus driver to stop and evacuate all the passengers before the killer turns his attention to the passengers probably save a couple more life.

Too bad the cops didnt shoot him down though. Why have a standoff, ask one officer to open the bus door, the killer rush at that officer with his knife, then they will have a reason to kill that mother****er.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
They got the ****er shackled pretty good. His picture is on the Winnipeg Free Press Site...

Link:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/

http://www.portagedailygraphic.com/

Last edited by Player 61: 08-01-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Garo

Quote:
well what i read is the victim had already been stabed and dead before anyone realy knew what was goin on ... no point in pulling hero to try to save a dead person.
As said before, the first witness supposedly heard multiple screams. But in the position he was, he couldn't have done more anyway.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Prospector

I'm completely shocked and disgusted...
I think this is the victim's myspace: (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=108390479)
It's so sad to die at such a young age and because of a psycopath act...
I'm speechless.

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
tollb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Agreed, by telling the bus driver to stop and evacuate all the passengers before the killer turns his attention to the passengers probably save a couple more life.

Too bad the cops didnt shoot him down though. Why have a standoff, ask one officer to open the bus door, the killer rush at that officer with his knife, then they will have a reason to kill that mother****er.
as much as that is exactly what he deserves .. if i was the father of the kid i would rather know why he did it ,through means of a trial .and have him rot in jail
Im uncertain but i dont think canada has teh death penalty , if we did .. then this ****** would certainly deserve it

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
as much as that is exactly what he deserves .. if i was the father of the kid i would rather know why he did it ,through means of a trial .and have him rot in jail
Im uncertain but i dont think canada has teh death penalty , if we did .. then this ****** would certainly deserve it
Capital Punishment was abolished in the Canada over 30 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital...ment_in_Canada

Old
08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Garo

Quote:
Nope... but with guys like him and Pikton you'd have an argument for it.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:43 PM
tollb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater Ghost View Post
Capital Punishment was abolished in the Canada over 30 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital...ment_in_Canada

Yea i figured as much, just cause havent heard of any executions in canada during my life time
.. thanks for the link, intresting read

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Delat

I don't think the important thing is to punish him, it's to understand him at this point to make sure we know more about these types of people in the future.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Yea i figured as much, just cause havent heard of any executions in canada during my life time
.. thanks for the link, intresting read
I'm not even sure he would have gotten the death penalty even when Canada had it. Because in that Wiki it states that Capital Punishment would have to be pre-meditated murder, although it could have maybe fit under murder during violent crimes.

Old
08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Maybe you should heed your own advice.

We all know you would of reacted exactly like all the others and done the smart thing by getting off the bus.. so just stop talking. Furthermore, I guarantee you that he wouldn't even flinch at whatever you threw at him... be it a baseball or the bus' VHS player.
You know Jack ***** about me or about anybody else. Thinking something heavy wouldn't knock someone out with a good throw is as ridiculous as most of your posts as usual. You really hold true to my old signature. BTW, I hope with all that money you've got, you know how heavy a laptop can be, but don't let logic get in your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I'm not saying everydoy's the same, I'm just saying that the first thing people think is saving their life. I have already been in a situation where I could have been really hurt ( a dog attacked me) I'm not making any comparison, but the thing is, the first thing that went through my mind was... can I go somewhere safe, when I saw that I couldn't I fought the dog. What I'm saying is, even if you're not loosing your cool, and I normally don't lose it, the first tought that may come through your mind is how can I be safe, not how can I save someone else. It's unesssecary to save someone if after you're the one that's attacked. If you think you would have jumped on the guy and thrown everything at him, fine, you're brave, but I think, and it's an opinion, that before acting like this, most people would at first try to make sure they are safe and that their firends and family are. The only case where the first reaction, I think, would be attack, is if you are actually in danger.

EDIT: The guy who was warning everybody did a good job but didn't put his life in danger by throwing things, he first tought about saving lifes, without puting himself into a dangerous situation.
What I'm saying is if I saw there was a chance to do something about the kid, I would've done it. I'm not saying I would've jumped to the BigTimer wannabe's face. Only that I would have checked if there was anything to do, if he was still alive or any chance of keeping him alive. I already mentioned that the guy who got people off the bus was the type to be concerned about the lives of others, it is heroic. Funny, I too had to face off a dog, a 150 pound rottweiler coming straight at me with a head bigger than my behind. I could've ran away but I knew right away that their were good chances he'd jump on my back, and luckily there was piece of wood lying close to me (I was in a car depot with alot of crates and palettes) and I stuck it in his mouth pushing hard to keep it there and I managed to poke one of his eyes hardly, it poped and bleeded and was then less of a fight and I kicked it in the nads and it finally went away. He did scratch me as hell with his claws as he was almost on top of me, I still have the scares, it all happened very quickly and was over very quickly. I also barely survived what would've been a 200 foot fall while rock climbing and managed to hold on because I didn't panic. I also got my elbow dislocated and didn't panic about it. I saved a friend's life from a car that almost bashed us, a drunk driver who was driving 70 on town street and hit the sidewalk on which we were.

If you're used to not losing your cool, chances are you are gonna be able to analyse the situation correctly and act quickly, I'm not saying I'm better than others, jsut saying I know how I would react. A prepared mind will always react better and the unprepared one. Not saying nobody did that there, as there probably was no chance at saving the kid. Just saying that everybody's reaction is different and I know what kind of person I am. Not saying either that I would've saved the day, just saying that I would've checked if there was anything that I could've done because I know that would be my initial reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristoHuet View Post
Too bad you weren't on the bus.

Exactly what situations have you been in compared to this one that make you so sure of your reaction? The whole thing plays out like a horror movie - something fictional and made up that is hardly fathomable in the real world.

There's being a hero and being courageous (which is obviously plausible) and then there's talking out of your ass about having the surefire qualities of a hero who could handle even the most horrific and incomprehensible situations on HFboards.
Where the hell did I ever said that??? Go buy some new reading glasses, bud, you need some bit time. I talked about knocking the guy by throwing an object. It's not like going to the guy's face?

Quote:
EDIT:

I've been in situations where I've had to put myself on the line for others. Nothing compared to this. I'm confident in my ability in crisis, but I would NEVER claim to be able to stand up in such a ****ed up situation like you are. No one knows how they'd react.
You know, what I mentioned doesn't have the same implications than your interpretation. You actually realize that there are people who do this for a living, putting themselves in dire situations to save others, policemen, firemen, military, you name it. Some of them have been through worst than that situation. It's easy to say no one knows how they'd react, as easy as someone who says who knows. The big difference is I know I never panic and something like this wouldn't throw me off either.

Quote:
Meanwhile you sit at your computer downplaying the efforts made by those people who were there, making sure everyone was safe and making sure the psycho was kept trapped in the bus until the cops showed up.
You really need some glasses because I even mentioned that the guy who pulled the other people out acted seflesly. How is that downplaying. Come back when you can actually read and comment to what I say, not to what you imagined I said.

Quote:
well what i read is the victim had already been stabed and dead before anyone realy knew what was goin on ... no point in pulling hero to try to save a dead person. the guy in front of him did the right thing in getting eveyone off the bus and holding the door closed while the man had the knife through the door .. that is pretty heroic to me
It is heroic. I mentioned that he was selfless and was thinking of others before his own life.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Pedro McGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
Perhaps you've heard of United Flight 93?

Those guys were sure as hell a lot more dangerous than one lunatic with a knife.
Your argument is irrelevet.

Poeple on flight 93 were going to die unless they did something about it.

Poeple on the bus MAY die if they stayed to fight him.

Two completely different situations. its apples and oranges.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:36 PM
bipolarhabfan

A truly ********** sick story.

However, after watching a few shows (esp. Most Evil) on these types of individuals, nothing surprises me anymore. It gives you an appreciation of the depths of human depravity .

As for doing anything about the stabbing, it is difficult to say what I would do. I could try to stop him but may end up also being another victim. The incident could have happened so quickly that by the time people registered what was going on, the victim may have already been dead. And, by getting off of the bus, you would be assured of a greater degree of safety despite a desire to actually do something.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:44 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
I don't think the important thing is to punish him, it's to understand him at this point to make sure we know more about these types of people in the future.
What do we really gain from knowing about this type? Guy snaps and kills a guy on a bus. Were there signs? Even if there were, you can't arrest a guy until he does something.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Maximus Taylor

another same type of story in Brazil today also. A british girl cut into pieces.

what the **** is wrong with some people.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob De Funes View Post
another same type of story in Brazil today also. A british girl cut into pieces.

what the **** is wrong with some people.
I was affraid someone would be a copycat

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I was affraid someone would be a copycat
Not quite

Quote:
Police say the 20-year-old already confessed to killing 17-year-old Burke on July 25 before cutting up her body because she threatened to tell Santos' parents he was a drug dealer and addicted to cocaine.
Quote:
A man accused of murdering a British teenager in Brazil was obsessed with the character Chucky from the Child’s Play horror films, police said yesterday. Mohamed D’Ali Carvalho dos Santos, 20, is alleged to have killed Cara Burke, 17, after she threatened to tell his parents in London that he was a drug dealer.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4446718.ece

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Im surprised that they made him sound like a big bad tough guy, when really he looks like a regular joe I'd see anywhere in the street. It makes me angry he can get away with cutting somebody up like that and choosing to end someone elses life, just so he spend the rest of his life eating and sleeping. He ended someones life, his life should be ended as well. He doesn't deserve to breathe the air his victim no longer can. An eye for an eye. People want to be all ethical and claim that the death penalty is horrendous, but really, people like that man are disgusting. Children are scarred, people can't sleep, people can't eat- Had I had a gun and been seated on that bus, I would've shot him. Had he been in the U.S, and someone was carrying a firearm on them, he would've been killed on the spot. What's the difference?

I'm not the type to say everyday criminals should be killed/terminated for the benefit of tax money/space in prisons/ etc. However, when someone commits something so terrible in front of so many without any sign of remorse or emotion, it shouldn't even be a question. Capital punishment isn't a good thing, but for something this crazy it seems almost necessary.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
...I have already been in a situation where I could have been really hurt ( a dog attacked me) I'm not making any comparison, but...
Did the dog attack you with a knife? Cause if he didnt, your example doesnt apply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
...Capital punishment isn't a good thing, but for something this crazy it seems almost necessary.
Like i said earlier on this thread, shackle the guy up to a chair and make him watch the entire Leafs season. That'll cure him.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Did the dog attack you with a knife? Cause if he didnt, your example doesnt apply...

Like i said earlier on this thread, shackle the guy up to a chair and make him watch the entire Leafs season. That'll cure him.
Ozy, your example doesn't apply at all IMO..... People react differently when they are the person in danger, or it is a loved one in danger; than when it is a stranger. Only if you can show me an example of you putting your own life in danger to save a stranger can you truly have an example that comes close to what you are suggesting.

I heard this quote or something like it from a seasoned soldier.... "Until the bombs start dropping for real, you never how someone will react. You never know who will be a hero and who will be a coward... I've seen guys I would've swore would be a hero run away crying, and I've seen guys I would've swore be a coward put their life on the line for the fellow soldiers." You just don't know.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
What a *********, he was affraid he'd get his drug problem told, so he did something a million times worst. When people admit these things, just shoot them 1 bullet and save the state from all the expenses.

I'm not serious by the way, I see how many injustices this could create.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
I'm not the type to say everyday criminals should be killed/terminated for the benefit of tax money/space in prisons/ etc. However, when someone commits something so terrible in front of so many without any sign of remorse or emotion, it shouldn't even be a question. Capital punishment isn't a good thing, but for something this crazy it seems almost necessary.
You really want to be like Texas, wasting all that money in appeals and have our Premier spend less than 10 minutes reviewing a case to decide whether someone should live or die?

You set the precedent now with this psycho, you set the wheels in motion so that the next person accused of any murder, people cry for blood. You can't just write legislature that says 'if someone beheads another or commits and act of cannibalism then the death penalty is allowed'. The line will be blurred between one type of murder to another. That's when you get innocent people sentenced with the death penalty.

The real issue here is the quality of life criminals get on our dime. All the energy consumption, televisions, expensive meals, WAY above the poverty line.

Let him rot in a dim cell with a bookshelf full of poetry and literary classics, plants to keep him company and trades to work off his debt to society. There's always the slim chance he may be able to be rehabilitated or medicated, give people the chance to evaluate him before frying the bugger.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
wat the balony is the people in this world coming to boy would i like to swing a baseball bat and there heads ok no im not crazy but seriously wow messed up

Rbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I understand the problems involved in capital punishment. I don't think its a great idea because like you said, people will be crying for blood all the time. All I'm saying is that when so many people witness something so horribly disgusting, something no one should ever have to endure in a lifetime, it feels necessary to do so. The man held the head of a young man in his hands for everyone to see, scarred children, taunted policemen- I guess all im saying is that this particular case cries revenge to me. It just gets me heated inside. If I could have my way, he wouldn't of been able to walk to court today.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Lawl re-hab a guy like this? Once a murderer always a murderer, sorry. You'd be happy with this guy or Paul Bernardo walking the streets in years to come because they were "cured"? **** that, get rid of the loser.

And if no death penalty then life should be life, not this 25 years garbage. If it were up to me rapists would get life as well and pedophiles much harsher sentences. Nothing pisses me off more than peds who sexually assault a kid or carry child pornography and they get months of house arrest.

It was announced a week or so ago on the radio that it costs $11 a day to feed an inmate and $6 a day to feed a hospital patient. Great ****ing system. A rapist is more well fed than a cancer patient. Got to love it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote