HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Holy ****

Old
08-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Garo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
You need to think about why the dead are buried with respect by every culture in this world. .
Yeah, but then you're eaten by worms. Or burned.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Personally if I was already dead, I wouldn't want anyone risking their life to save my body.... I don't care what happens to me when i can't feel anything anymore... I'd rather that others make sure that the Killer is apprehended safely and without risk of injuring others or of him escaping to terrorize the community.
I share the same opinion.
Im gone already, so it doesnt really matter. My family obviously will want me in one piece but I think they too would be grateful knowing that my killer was caught because he was stuck in a bus.

No need for others to get killed or hurt. The kid had no chance, point finale

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 09:30 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You people make it seem like the guy was carrying a ****ing machine gun. He had one knife. The bus surely has a tire iron and I'm sure it's pretty big, more than likely longer than the knife. Take that and smack him in the face, it's over and done with.

Just because he has a Rambo-like knife doesn't mean he's Rambo and is an expert with them, unable to be beaten.
I don't think you understand just how sharp hunting knives can be.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 09:42 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Personally if I was already dead, I wouldn't want anyone risking their life to save my body.... I don't care what happens to me when i can't feel anything anymore... I'd rather that others make sure that the Killer is apprehended safely and without risk of injuring others or of him escaping to terrorize the community.
You're not dead, that is why you just posted. You cannot drown the screams we have have been privy to. And yes, the abuse of this young man is the shame of this whole country.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
You're not dead, that is why you just posted. You cannot drown the screams we have have been privy to. And yes, the abuse of this young man is the shame of this whole country.
The fact that only one man lost his life in a bus of 35-40 people with a totally deranged psycho wielding a knife; is an act of heroism by those who evacuated the bus quickly... and trapped the killer.

I understand you've faced someone with a knife before... but I still doubt it was the same situation. This guy was totally psychotic, with no concern for anything, including his own safety. He had also just killed another human being, and was in close quarters of a bus; and had a territorial advantage.
I don't think you truly know what you'd do unless you were in a similar situation....

Its one thing dealing with a normal criminal... its another dealing with a deranged psychotic.

Like I told Ozy, until you're in that situation, you cannot truly know how you'd act. Its a lot easier to act tough on one end of a computer screen at home, than it is to do it in the real situation.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
The fact that only one man lost his life in a bus of 35-40 people with a totally deranged psycho wielding a knife; is an act of heroism by those who evacuated the bus quickly... and trapped the killer.

I understand you've faced someone with a knife before... but I still doubt it was the same situation. This guy was totally psychotic, with no concern for anything, including his own safety. He had also just killed another human being, and was in close quarters of a bus; and had a territorial advantage.
I don't think you truly know what you'd do unless you were in a similar situation....

Its one thing dealing with a normal criminal... its another dealing with a deranged psychotic.

Like I told Ozy, until you're in that situation, you cannot truly know how you'd act. Its a lot easier to act tough on one end of a computer screen at home, than it is to do it in the real situation.
You're right Beakermania, it's all too easy to sit in the comfort of your home at a keyboard, posting about all the heroic and brave things YOU would have done in this very situation. The fact is I don't believe anyone here who says they would have taken matters into their own hands, and if they believe what they are saying they have delusions of grandeur. This was a freak incident, late at night, on a bus in the middle of nowhere, with no provocation or indication of a problem until the stabbing already started. To all those who seem to feel their shirt has a big Superman 'S' stamped on it and that things would have been different had they been on that bus, I think you spend too much time disconnected from reality. I seriously do.

The fact that this ended with the loss of only one life is truly amazing. Well done to all involved, especially the passengers. RIP Tim McLean, and may Mr. Li get what he deserves.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Krautso

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by that...

If this man ever walks as a free man again...that would be a shame to this country.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:

Quote:
I disagree. When the attacker started his attack, he could have been disarmed easily, given the witness of the young kid in the seat ahead, who chose to run instead of helping the victim.McLean's fate was sealed at this point. Again, I do not fault the kid who ran at all due to lack of experience.

Quote:
I understand you've faced someone with a knife before... but I still doubt it was the same situation. This guy was totally psychotic, with no concern for anything, including his own safety.
I can only say that I have faced more psychotics than I care to remember, and I have the injuries that remind me of the encounters. Not a lot of fun. More pending....

Anyway that is not what has me ticked. And again I will reiterate this, the kid is murdered, crap happens. End of story.

....PS... Apparently not. The victim is hacked, slashed, beheaded, eaten, for several hours in the presence of civilians and police . Oh wait! According to the MSM this is the norm......

Old
08-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Krautso

Quote:
I disagree. When the attacker started his attack, he could have been disarmed easily, given the witness of the young kid in the seat ahead, who chose to run instead of helping the victim.McLean's fate was sealed at this point. Again, I do not fault the kid who ran at all due to lack of experience.

I can only say that I have faced more psychotics than I care to remember, and I have the injuries that remind me of the encounters. Not a lot of fun. More pending....

Anyway that is not what has me ticked. And again I will reiterate this, the kid is murdered, crap happens. End of story.

....PS... Apparently not. The victim is hacked, slashed, beheaded, eaten, for several hours in the presence of civilians and police . Oh wait! According to the MSM this is the norm......
If you've seen that many psychotics then you are perhaps more equipped to deal with this type of situation than some lady, child, grandparent, disabled person or regular guy who's been sitting on a bus for 14 hours already and is just settling into sleep and has probably never even been in a real fight before, let alone had to disarm a murdering knife wielding maniac in such a panic situation.

I completely agree about the cops though. They should have gassed the bus immediately and billy clubbed the crap out of the guy when he stumbled out.

Old
08-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Obviously then you are in a profession where such encounters are common... and I would bet that you have been trained for them.... something that the people on the bus where not prepared for.

Like Krautso I agree that the cops should've went in sooner since it was no longer a hostage situation... but I don't think the untrained civilians did anything wrong.

Old
08-02-2008, 11:14 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Obviously then you are in a profession where such encounters are common... and I would bet that you have been trained for them.... something that the people on the bus where not prepared for.

Like Krautso I agree that the cops should've went in sooner since it was no longer a hostage situation... but I don't think the untrained civilians did anything wrong.
Quote:
but I don't think the untrained civilians did anything wrong.
I agree completely regarding the particular civilians. IMO, the police are without excuse.

Old
08-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
What i dont get is that the police didnt immediately go in the and Taser the guy until he pukes from the a**. I mean the police kills people with those Tasers sometimes for very trivial things but now that they are facing somebody who will try to kill you, they seem to have misplaced their Tasers...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
What i dont get is that the police didnt immediately go in the and Taser the guy until he pukes from the a**. I mean the police kills people with those Tasers sometimes for very trivial things but now that they are facing somebody who will try to kill you, they seem to have misplaced their Tasers...
The guy tried to kill them? Really?

Old
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
The guy tried to kill them? Really?
I meant to say that the police, in this case, didnt go after a suspect who had nothing to lose. Were they just scared or did they forget that Tasers are part of their equipment?

Old
08-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Haddock

Quote:
You need to think about why the dead are buried with respect by every culture in this world. The only thing worse than murdering a person, in every culture, is to defile the corpse. Maybe you need to rethink what you are proposing as perfectly acceptable in Canadian culture. One thing that I am sure of, is that McLean Kid would be the first to disagree with your definition of expendable.
I don't get what is has to do with canadian culture, you lost me there. Nobody is saying that defiling a corpse is ok, or acceptable as you put it. I'm just glad that the man's in jail and that nobody else got hurt trying to play the hero for someone who was already dead. The rest is hogwash and moral values projection. And unless you're a cop yourself, then your second-guessing isn't worth much more than mine.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Garo

Quote:
I meant to say that the police, in this case, didnt go after a suspect who had nothing to lose. Were they just scared or did they forget that Tasers are part of their equipment?
The guy didn't try anything, why would they use the taser? The suspect didn't resist his arrest.

Old
08-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
You have to get pretty close to use a taser.... the guy still had a hunting knife...

Old
08-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
The guy didn't try anything, why would they use the taser? The suspect didn't resist his arrest.
I would've shot him in the groin and said that he came at me with a knife.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

My american friends say : "if gun were legal like us, someone would've shot him"

that's true

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
My american friends say : "if gun were legal like us, someone would've shot him"

that's true
While a gun would have been handy in that situation in the right hands, the overall statistics of violent crimes/murders in the US are so far ahead of Canada that you would be preventing one tragedy to create thousands.

Old
08-03-2008, 10:58 AM
HabsOfSteel

Quote:

that's true
Or... instead of carrying a knife the wacko would have carried a "legal" gun and killed 10 instead of 1...

HabsOfSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Tell you "American friend" that Canada is a bit more civilised and that shooting someone isnt always the solution to every problem.

Old
08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
znk

Quote:
You need to think about why the dead are buried with respect by every culture in this world. The only thing worse than murdering a person, in every culture, is to defile the corpse. Maybe you need to rethink what you are proposing as perfectly acceptable in Canadian culture. One thing that I am sure of, is that McLean Kid would be the first to disagree with your definition of expendable.
I'm sorry but I wont risk my life to stop someone from defiling a corps. The same as I wouldnt try to fight a grizzly that's eating a cadaver or sharks that are eating a cadaver.

There is no way I would attempt to rush a guy wielding a knife in a bus. With the tight alley you lose any advantage that numbers could give you. You're stuck one on one against a knife wielding maniac who could be high on pcp and the guys behind you only block your retreat.

Quote:

that's true
Wait...it's legal to carry a gun in a bus in the US? I think not.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 08-03-2008 at 01:13 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 03:17 PM
LilWinger11

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post

Wait...it's legal to carry a gun in a bus in the US? I think not.
I don't know for sure, but it may be in some states.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I would've shot him in the groin and said that he came at me with a knife.
And you would probably have gone to jail. Useful.