HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Q&A with Armands Berzins posted

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2004, 06:55 PM
  #1
Holly Gunning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: out and about
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Q&A with Armands Berzins posted

I talked with him last night in Columbus (GA).

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6697

I thought he looked great in warmups -- good size, skates well, good hands, but once the game started I could see he's more of a project. Could use some individualized attention showing him where to be when. Crowded the puck-carrier and got in the way of passes. The coach might have been down on him, he had him on the line with a tough guy and a guy who has bounced around the league. But, as he said, they did have some injuries.

Holly Gunning is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 07:07 PM
  #2
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
I talked with him last night in Columbus (GA).

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6697

I thought he looked great in warmups -- good size, skates well, good hands, but once the game started I could see he's more of a project. Could use some individualized attention showing him where to be when. Crowded the puck-carrier and got in the way of passes. The coach might have been down on him, he had him on the line with a tough guy and a guy who has bounced around the league. But, as he said, they did have some injuries.
Thanks for that!
I hope Armands continues to turn it around a bit. I felt bad for him (not knowing much at all about the situation) earlier in the year when he went so long without showing up on the scoresheet much. Seems like he went a stretch without getting much ice time, also. Still, he's got time. If he continues to adjust and work hard, he may have shot, huh?

ceber is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 10:13 PM
  #3
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Hmmmm, Holly, just one question. Armands isn't the youngest player on the team I believe Jamie Jamison is or was? I thought he was just a year younger?

 
Old
02-21-2004, 11:57 PM
  #4
Holly Gunning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: out and about
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
If he continues to adjust and work hard, he may have shot, huh?
Anyone with good fundamentals has a shot. I can see why he got drafted. That doesn't mean he'll get a contract though.

Holly Gunning is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 12:01 AM
  #5
Holly Gunning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: out and about
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Armands isn't the youngest player on the team I believe Jamie Jamison is or was? I thought he was just a year younger?
No, according to the media notes, Jamie Johnson was born 1/13/82 and Berzins was born 12/27/83, so he's two years younger than Johnson. The next youngest after Berzins is actually Maxime Fortunus, born 7/28/83. Who looked quite good, by the way.

Holly Gunning is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 01:40 PM
  #6
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Hmmm Fortunus to me might be another Roche or Murphy clone.

 
Old
02-22-2004, 01:45 PM
  #7
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,943
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Hmmm Fortunus to me might be another Roche or Murphy clone.
Probvably more Murphy than Roche - as i recall he's a wee feller.

Surly Furious is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 02:16 AM
  #8
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
He is but he has time...

 
Old
02-23-2004, 02:59 AM
  #9
Wild Bill
Registered User
 
Wild Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Thanks for the work Holly, seems like we have a pretty down to earth kid here.

Wild Bill is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.