Notices

Gameday: Avs @ Wild - 2004-02-22

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2004, 10:53 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Avs @ Wild - 2004-02-22

Kurt Sauer comes home with Dan Hinote (basically, anywhere in MN counts as home) this afternoon, but they're on the wrong side. (I think Hinote's still out with the concussion symptoms. Sounds serious.)
This will be the fifth game between these teams this season, and the Avs have the series lead, 2-1-1. It sounds like Dowd will be out again for the Wild. The Avs are without a pile of guys, but it probably doesn't matter too much. Forsberg always matters, of course. He's day-to-day, last I read.
The Avs have been losing lately, and the Wild have been winning. Is today the day things turn around? I hope not, but I have a feeling the Avs will just be too much to handle, even without some of their top men. I don't expect a blow-out, though. 3-2 Avs.

Old
02-22-2004, 11:10 AM
DW

I'm going with the standard reply, 2-2 tie. Any news if Burns will be playing today?

I think the Wild will return to normal and play a lackluster game today.

Last edited by DW: 02-22-2004 at 11:11 AM. Reason: bad grammar...
Old
02-22-2004, 12:19 PM
theo6060

The way things have been lately for both teams I'm going to predict a 2-1 win for the Wild. Goalscorers will be Patrick O'Sullivan and Mikko Koivu.

Old
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Avs score. 1-0. (Way Offsides)

Old
02-22-2004, 09:39 PM
ceber

Well, I think if weren't for Kariya's little "trick" on the second goal, and a couple of very good saves by Aebischer, that would've gone the other way. It was pretty easy to see the wind start to come out of the sails after that second goal.

In the postgame one of the reporters was trying to get on Lemaire for not pulling the goalie at the end there. I didn't really see why pulling or not pulling would've made much of a difference in this one. We stunk with the man advantage.. well, maybe not stunk, but it wasn't going well. I'm not sure 6 on 5 would've been any better than 5 on 4. The Avs basically sat back most of the night; I think an extra man would've just gotten guys more frustrated when they couldn't get good puck movement.

Oh well, at least the boring Avs don't come back for over a month.

Closed Thread