HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Morgan to Flames

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2004, 10:41 PM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Morgan to Flames

Looks like Calgary picked back up Morgan on waivers. I hate to see him go, but we had to make some room. I wish the guy the best. He impressed me.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:03 PM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Looks like Calgary picked back up Morgan on waivers. I hate to see him go, but we had to make some room. I wish the guy the best. He impressed me.
I liked Morgan a lot, but it's not a huge surprise.

And let's look on the bright side.....I'm willing to bet Flames fans are griping, "oh sure, we got Morgan off waivers. That's so much better than getting Sullivan."

Old
02-19-2004, 11:06 PM
volzok

Well, I guess this is the price of Sullivan. I wish him luck, but I am happy with Sullivan. My question is where does this leave the fourth line with Morgan gone and Smith down in Milwaukee? We only have 3 "centers" on the roster.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:09 PM
gopreds98

Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok
Well, I guess this is the price of Sullivan. I wish him luck, but I am happy with Sullivan. My question is where does this leave the fourth line with Morgan gone and Smith down in Milwaukee? We only have 3 "centers" on the roster.
Remember, Sullivan can play center. And as I recall, took most of the faceoffs when he was out there. So I'm dreaming that Orszagh gets bumped up to the first line with Sully and Walker and Legwand gets bumped down. Maybe that will wake him up.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:15 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally posted by gopreds98
Remember, Sullivan can play center. And as I recall, took most of the faceoffs when he was out there. So I'm dreaming that Orszagh gets bumped up to the first line with Sully and Walker and Legwand gets bumped down. Maybe that will wake him up.
If that doesnt help Legwand wake up, than he needs to sit for a game or two. Why do you think Orszagh? I would think it would be Johanssen or maybe even Hartnell. I would like to see Hartnell on that line even though I dont think it would happen.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:23 PM
gopreds98

Quote:
If that doesnt help Legwand wake up, than he needs to sit for a game or two. Why do you think Orszagh? I would think it would be Johanssen or maybe even Hartnell. I would like to see Hartnell on that line even though I dont think it would happen.
It doesn't have to be Orszagh.....though I do think Vlady is wasted on the third or fourth line. A.J. might be a good fit there. We need to get him productive again and putting him with Walker and Sully might be just what he needs. Hartnell would work too, of course. Though I wonder if we could handle having that much grit on one line.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:32 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally posted by gopreds98
It doesn't have to be Orszagh.....though I do think Vlady is wasted on the third or fourth line. A.J. might be a good fit there. We need to get him productive again and putting him with Walker and Sully might be just what he needs. Hartnell would work too, of course. Though I wonder if we could handle having that much grit on one line.
Yeah I think that there would be too much grit on that line. I just like those big physical lines. I agree that Orszagh is wasted sometimes, but thats why I dont think they would move him. I think Johanssen would be great on that line. Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing all of the lines get mixed up for a little while. See what happens. It would never hurt to see who works well with who in case you are looking for something to spark in the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:04 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
what did you guys think of Hall centering the 4th line. I thought it was ok but probably wouldnt fly in a closer game.

Old
02-20-2004, 07:46 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Hall should play center. He's sees the ice well in both ends, he wins face-offs, he's physical, he just lacks foot speed.

Old
02-20-2004, 07:50 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I wonder if trotz's first line will pair walker and sully with harts like he did on the 1st PP line on Wednesday. Who knows. I just think walks and sully should stay together on a line. I really think those two could be become synonymous with each other like hejduk/tanguay, naslund/bertuzzi, etc.

Old
02-20-2004, 07:54 AM
volzok

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I wonder if trotz's first line will pair walker and sully with harts like he did on the 1st PP line on Wednesday. Who knows. I just think walks and sully should stay together on a line. I really think those two could be become synonymous with each other like hejduk/tanguay, naslund/bertuzzi, etc.
I totally agree. Walker and Sullivan really seemed to gel Wednesday. Especially when they showed them on the bench, they were always laughing. I have to imagine that Trotz is going to keep that line together and hopefully get more chances for Legwand to get open and finish. But if Legwand doesnt start playing better, I bet that line is history next week.

Old
02-20-2004, 08:02 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
But if Legwand doesnt start playing better, I bet that line is history next week.
Oh the line will be there, but Legwand won't be anywhere near it. I'd say give Arkhipov a whirl on that line. He's played a little bit better recently, and it should be enough to goad Legwand into playing spirited hockey.

Old
02-20-2004, 09:22 AM
lstcyr

I think Legwand stays on the line for the 5 on 5 and doesn't get to see any action on the PP. He's still our fastest center and with his and Sully's speed and the grittiness of the two wings it's still the best combo we have. Of course, if he doesn't show up then he'll sit.

Walker and Sullivan got along so well because they played on the Canadian team together a couple of years ago. It was old home week for them.

Old
02-20-2004, 04:07 PM
gopreds98

I think they also play together because after the trade was announced, Walker was like a little kid jumping up and down crying "me, me...I want to play with him."

Closed Thread