HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds trades?

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2004, 08:22 AM
volzok

vCash: 500
Preds trades?

Does anyone think the Preds will trade for anyone else, or do you think they are satisfied with the team as is? Also, who would you like to see them acquire that is on the block? Obviously the main question here is if the Preds are willing to give up young talent. I wouldnt mind seeing them pick up a experienced D-man, but I dont think it will happen b/c that would probably require giving too much away.

Old
02-20-2004, 08:45 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok
Does anyone think the Preds will trade for anyone else, or do you think they are satisfied with the team as is? Also, who would you like to see them acquire that is on the block? Obviously the main question here is if the Preds are willing to give up young talent. I wouldnt mind seeing them pick up a experienced D-man, but I dont think it will happen b/c that would probably require giving too much away.
My friend went to a season ticket holders meeting on Wednesday and they said that they were shopping around for a good d-man with some size. Any ideas who they might be interested in? I'd heard boughner, but he sure doesn't have "size."

Old
02-20-2004, 11:58 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok
Does anyone think the Preds will trade for anyone else, or do you think they are satisfied with the team as is?
It'd be easy to say that "they" are satisfied with the team after the big San Jose win. But I think it just depends on how the next 9 games before the trading deadline play out.

Certainly, getting a steady, experienced defenseman is at the top of the list. One player I would love to get is Keith Carney. I'm not sure how feasible this is, though. IF he's on the block, I would guess there would be many teams lining up to get him. I'm not sure what we'd have to give up. Jason Smith would fall into the same category.

As always, I will advocate a trade of Legwand. Here’ an idea…. Legwand and Hall to Detroit for Henrick Zetterberg.

Old
02-20-2004, 11:59 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
As always, I will advocate a trade of Legwand. Here’ an idea…. Legwand and Hall to Detroit for Henrick Zetterberg.
Why? Not an upgrade in my opinion.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Brendan Witt, from Washington.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:34 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr
Why? Not an upgrade in my opinion.
Well it definitely is in my opinion. Now and in the future.

And I know what you all will say... Legwand has 33 points, Zetterberg has 28. Now consider that Legwand has had almost double the total ice time of Zetterberg this year and has over double the amount of powerplay time. Last year, Zetterberg put up 22 goals and 22 assits in the about the same amount of total ice time as Legwand and HALF of the powerplay ice time of Lewgand. Not to mention it was Zetterberg's rookie year in the NHL.

In all honesty, I doubt Detroit would to the deal. They might be tempted to bring in two Michigan natives with "promise." But they are probably too high on Zetterberg to deal him.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I wouldn't make that deal either dulz. because I don't think Zetterberg would want to play here.

I'd like us to pick up a face-off winner in exchange for Schnabel +, or a d-man that can put up 15+ mins a night at a decent price.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Wow, so since Chris Draper has more goals does that make him better than Scott Walker? Was Andy Delmore a better offensive defenseman that Kimmo? Systems and line mates have a hand in that. I'd say Zett playing with Hull has an advantage of Legwand playing with Walker. I'd also say that Trotz' system is a little more restrict than the Wings.

Old
02-20-2004, 01:25 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Wow, so since Chris Draper has more goals does that make him better than Scott Walker? Was Andy Delmore a better offensive defenseman that Kimmo? Systems and line mates have a hand in that. I'd say Zett playing with Hull has an advantage of Legwand playing with Walker. I'd also say that Trotz' system is a little more restrict than the Wings.
If you want to know my non-stats opinion of it... Zetterberg is simply a better player than Legwand. Now, and likely in the future.

Old
02-20-2004, 01:38 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Hey, and it's your right to have that opinion. I disagree, somewhat, but not totally.

You don't like Legwand, everyone here knows that, and you do have some valid arguements.

I think Legwand is a good center, not great but good, but he's has a ton of potential, whether or not he ever realizes his potential is a totally different arguement.

I do believe you really underrate his defensive play though.

Closed Thread