HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

trade proposal

Old
08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
rajvandam
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
trade proposal

just an idea i had... i dont know if the kings would go for it, but they need help on D/ goaltending and we need offense... anyways, here i go:

Luongo, a 1st and a 4th round draft pick for

O'Sullivan, and Kopitar

so our team would have the top 6 forwards of:

O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Daniel, Henrik, Bernier, and Demitra

our same solid defense corpse

and then the canucks would need to bring up cory schnieder and start his journey as a #1 goalie

if i could make all that happen, i would do it in a heart beat...

rajvandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
David Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
Intriguing.

David Booth Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:41 PM
UserName

fail

UserName is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:50 PM
sTaMk0S

never.

sTaMk0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
unknown

thats a big gamble on schneider...he did have half a good year in the minors, but we are talking the ahl not nhl.

i think la would be content with allowing their team develop together with bernier than trade away a major piece of their future in kopitar.

unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 600
A resounding "no" to that proposal. What if Schneider falls flat on his face? Then what?

Slot 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:10 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Can someone please explain to me why it's seemingly such a fashionable idea in the media, and forums, and everywhere else in this town to talk about trading the franchise goalie we've so dearly been lacking for for the last 10-15 f*&$ing years?

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
RandV
It's a wolf

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why it's seemingly such a fashionable idea in the media, and forums, and everywhere else in this town to talk about trading the franchise goalie we've so dearly been lacking for for the last 10-15 f*&$ing years?
Younger/new fans?

Though the media certainly has no excuse.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvandam View Post
just an idea i had... i dont know if the kings would go for it, but they need help on D/ goaltending and we need offense... anyways, here i go:

Luongo, a 1st and a 4th round draft pick for

O'Sullivan, and Kopitar

so our team would have the top 6 forwards of:

O'Sullivan, Kopitar, Daniel, Henrik, Bernier, and Demitra

our same solid defense corpse

and then the canucks would need to bring up cory schnieder and start his journey as a #1 goalie

if i could make all that happen, i would do it in a heart beat...
I'm trying very hard not to flame you right now but how can I maintain my composure when I'm starting to feel so violent?

Ah wait, the rules state I can talk about an IDEA, not the POSTER...so here goes:

This has got to be the STUPIDEST proposal I have EVER seen on HFBoards. This idea probably originated from canucks.com....but you're a good guy

Trading LUONGO is not an option.

Luongo de commerce n'est pas une option

Luongo que comercia no es una opción

Handel Luongo ist keine Option

Торговля Luongo не выбор

Luongo di commercio non č un'opzione

kapiche?

y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Peter Griffin

There's no way Luongo is dealt unless Gillis absolutely has to, meaning Luongo either demands a trade or Luongo refuses to sign an extension forcing Gillis' hand.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM
CCF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
There's no way Luongo is dealt unless Gillis absolutely has to, meaning Luongo either demands a trade or Luongo refuses to sign an extension forcing Gillis' hand.
Hypothetical...

Say a year and a half from now Luongo is refusing to sign an extension. You offer Montreal Luongo for Carey Price straight up. Do they do it? Do we do it?

Old
08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Hypothetical...

Say a year and a half from now Luongo is refusing to sign an extension. You offer Montreal Luongo for Carey Price straight up. Do they do it? Do we do it?
Depends on how both players are playing at the time as well as how Cory Schneider is progressing. If Price is playing well, Montreal wouldn't do it. If Price is struggling, the Canucks would probably look elsewhere. Personally, if Luongo refuses to sign an extension, which likely means the Canucks aren't playoff bound, I'd like to see Luongo dealt for some high picks/top prospects/top young offensive players. I think Schneider has the potential to be a solid NHL goaltender ala Ryan Miller and I'd like to see him given a chance if Luongo departs. In any case, it's waaaaaay to early to speculate about anything of that nature.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:39 PM
BurningBright

Vancuver fans may not like this trade, but as a Kings fan, I HATE it! H-E-Double hockeysticks NO! We dont need Loungo, with the poor D we have in front of us, not even Loungo could get us to the playoffs anyways.

And why would we part with Kopitar?! or even Sully?! they are a huge part of our offense. Not to mention we have some really great talent at goalie in the pipeline: Bernier, Zatkoff, Ersberg, Quick.

So im sorry, but no deal, none whatsoever

BurningBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Alexistheman

In a second, oh wait.... this isn't the LA Kings forum? woops sorry

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:44 PM
CCF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Depends on how both players are playing at the time as well as how Cory Schneider is progressing. If Price is playing well, Montreal wouldn't do it. If Price is struggling, the Canucks would probably look elsewhere. Personally, if Luongo refuses to sign an extension, which likely means the Canucks aren't playoff bound, I'd like to see Luongo dealt for some high picks/top prospects/top young offensive players. I think Schneider has the potential to be a solid NHL goaltender ala Ryan Miller and I'd like to see him given a chance if Luongo departs. In any case, it's waaaaaay to early to speculate about anything of that nature.

I agree with you...It's way out there. I think Luongo will extend here, I'm almost positive of it, it's just if he ever wanted out, that would be a fun one to look at. Price would still be fairly early in his development, with the potential to be Luongo-like. Luongo would be in the midst of his prime, but not have as much time as Price has.

Old
08-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningBright View Post
Vancuver fans may not like this trade, but as a Kings fan, I HATE it! H-E-Double hockeysticks NO! We dont need Loungo, with the poor D we have in front of us, not even Loungo could get us to the playoffs anyways.

And why would we part with Kopitar?! or even Sully?! they are a huge part of our offense. Not to mention we have some really great talent at goalie in the pipeline: Bernier, Zatkoff, Ersberg, Quick.

So im sorry, but no deal, none whatsoever
Yeah, the Kings are in a bit of a different situation. A francise goalie isn't as useful when your team is rebuilding, especially if you have to give up two good young players to get him.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
BurningBright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Canuck View Post
In a second, oh wait.... this isn't the LA Kings forum? woops sorry
just thought id drop in and say hi

Your welcome to visit our forum any time

Old
08-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Alexistheman

Quote:
just thought id drop in and say hi

Your welcome to visit our forum any time
Haha, made my post before i saw yours, but I guess with your post it makes me look more arrogant.

Alexistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Not to mention we have some really great talent at goalie in the pipeline: Bernier, Zatkoff, Ersberg, Quick.
Think there's a difference between a very solid blue chip goalie prospect like Bernier and the rest of that list.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
unknown

Quote:
i think the canucks years for mediocrity have created a inferiority complex amongst some of it fans, and they suggest trading luongo because they developed have a fear of loss and rejection.

Old
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
unknown

Quote:
I agree with you...It's way out there. I think Luongo will extend here, I'm almost positive of it, it's just if he ever wanted out, that would be a fun one to look at. Price would still be fairly early in his development, with the potential to be Luongo-like. Luongo would be in the midst of his prime, but not have as much time as Price has.
i agree that luongo will likely re-sign here, he asked for a NTC because he wanted to be here.

but if a few years down the line a price for luongo trade came up due to lu not wanting to re-sign i would do it. not so sure montreal would unless they were certain lu would sign long term (very probable) and he was head and shoulders above price at the time of the trade. im not so sure of that to tell you the truth...it would take a major set back to keep price out of the upper echelon of goaltenders in a few years time.

Old
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
rajvandam
Unregistered User

well i think with the defense we have, it would be a good way to welcome schnieder into the big league...

imagine this, you're a 23 year old goaltender, making your debut and the guys defending around you are edler, mitchell, bieksa, salo, krajicek and ohlund.. if i was that 23 year old guy, i'd feel much confidence going into the season

and not to mention, you would get offensive suppot too from kopitar, o'sullivan, the sedins, bernier and demitra... there would be a lotta nights, where your team would be winning 3-0 mid way through the game...

and a talented guy like schneider would thrive in an environment like that

i would still do this trade in a heart beat if it was on the table...

luongo's stock is still high, we should try to get as much offensive help for him as possible, and then bring up schnieder... don't touch the D, b/c they're already set

rajvandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 12:21 AM
BurningBright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Think there's a difference between a very solid blue chip goalie prospect like Bernier and the rest of that list.
Bernier is going to be great, and Zatkoff was the top NCAA goalie this year, only allowed something like 1.8 goals against this year. Obviously the NCAA is weaker than the canadian hockey leagues, but he could still be a star. And last year Ersberg was phenominal in net. Will it continue, maybe, maybe not. But Bernier is more than just a solid blue chip goalie prospect.

Old
08-06-2008, 12:55 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Bernier is more than just a solid blue chip goalie prospect.
What is he, then? He has a grand total of 10 games of experience at a level higher than the QMJHL (4 NHL, 3 AHL, 3 AHL playoff). He's got a ton of potential, but you can't cross the line to "more than a prospect" until you play at LEAST 20 games in the AHL

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2008, 01:15 AM
redcard

What confuses me is why the canucks would trade luongo to the kings because they have schnieder to take the reigns when the kings have bernier?

Bernier is as much or more nhl ready than Schnieder. So why would the kings give up two young stud forwards just to acquire a goalie, when the team they are trading with is confident that their goalie prospect could step into the role as the starter but the kings have the better goalie prospect who could step into the role just as easy?

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote